Dredd 2012 Lawgiver

A few screencaps attached.

-MJ

fantastic thank you. busy saving them all.

my version is going to be slightly idealized, in that it won't have the cutout section on the right like the firing version of the film, it will be more in line with what i think the actual real gun would look like if it existed. i know that large cut was done to allow for clear shell ejection so it was purely functional for the prop, but i want it to be more a replica of the 'real' lawgiver as opposed to the functional prop.

in the below pic the top version is more like the firing prop with the large cuts in the rear of top shroud, but the bottom one (although its been totally redrawn) is the look i'm going for with the top shroud symmetrical and only the ribbed section connected to the gun underneath

Lawgivertemplate1a.jpg

the slide will pull back similar to the bottom drawing in the image below

Lawgivertemplate04.jpg

Last edited:
looks really nice, i like that they used the glock as a foundation. some times they can get to crazy when designing new weapons, this keeps it well grounded but still futuristic.

looks really nice, i like that they used the glock as a foundation. some times they can get to crazy when designing new weapons, this keeps it well grounded but still futuristic./QUOTE] new here so prob. copy'd that wrong ;)
but yah i like that to it will make it some what easier to make a replica of.

Nogga, you might get more info from the Dredd Propstore auction later in the month. You might even be able to go check one out.

Hi, all. I've lurked the RPF for years but never joined up. But as I have some info that might help those wanting to build a 2012 Lawgiver and add electronics, I thought it was about time.

I'm contemplating building a Lawgiver and so, since I'm an electronics type, I've been out looking for the right LCD to fit the gun. A standard character LCD won't do the job as the display has lines, fine text, and small text on the bottom, but finding the right graphic LCD in the right size was a bit hit and miss.

All that said, I think I've found a good fit. If anyone else is looking, the Crystalfontz CFAG14432D-TTI-TT seems like it would work and could be interfaced to an Arduino teensy or a Digispark or other tiny microcontroller and stuffed in the gun.

CFAG14432D-TTI-TT, Graphic LCD, RoHS, White Edge LED Backlight, FSTN Negative, Transmissive

Ta! And "Hi. Longtime lurker, first time poster." :)
Maggie

PS - My fallback is one of these on its side with the upper half obscured behind the top shroud. https://www.adafruit.com/products/358

Last edited:
This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back