Dredd 2012 Lawgiver

ah excellent, cheers for that, that will help, as i thought, its details are different, and i now know that my slide is totally wrong.

Would be cool to have a working display, although this might be CG...

aHpdp.jpg

FjAiG.jpg

Last edited:
As far as I can tell there appear to be 2 different versions of the gun (not including hero or stunt). There's the one that features in both the poster (above) and the pic chole linked of anderson here http://i.imgur.com/nCElh.jpg which has a large section at the back that looks like part of the slide, then there's the one featured below from the empire cover that only seems to have the ribbed section as the slide.

Lawgiver06.jpg

I've drawn both up below, and have modded some of the details of the original i did. I think the one I prefer is the bottom version with the smaller slide, I took the new details from the pic above, and took the right side details from the previously mentioned anderson pic and the two sides do not mirror at all as you can see.

Lawgivertemplate1a.jpg

So the plan is once i get the details for the right hand side a little more finalised it'll be ready to start building it, once i find gainful employment that is which hopefully will happen by the time the film comes out. I also have the badge and the helmet to do.

As far as the screen, in the trailer there is a closeup of one and it definitely is a working screen, something changes on it very quickly. I imagine this is a non firing bells and whistles version, I have this image in very high def which I plan on altering and simply printing at high quality then fixing into place behind a sheet of plastic. To be honest, full functionality is not a concern for myself personally, as all my stuff is mainly for display and spends 99% of its time in a cabinet.

So stay tuned folks.

which looks even less than that of Judge dredd after Stallone version of the lawgiver
the Stallone version looks better than new.

I'm really enjoying this thread and can't wait to see where it goes. It's like Detective work! Lol

Really amazing! I hope you do a kit! I'll be in line for one. Keep up the great work!

which looks even less than that of Judge dredd after Stallone version of the lawgiver
the Stallone version looks better than new.

I think the weapons fit the tone. The Stallone Dredd guns were big and loud and over the top. This film is dark and gritty, and a little more down to earth, so to speak. The guns seem to fit that aesthetic.

There are also a lot of modern day weapons unmodified in this, kind of like the vehicles. Ford trucks and whatnot.

Whatever the case, this build is coming along quite nicely and I really can't wait to see it come to fruition. Great work so far!!!!!

currenty redrawing everything, wasn't happy with the overall size and i've managed to get some clearer pics of some of the side details from some hi res clips, i've also broken down all the parts, main body, mag, slide, greeblies etc so that essentially it will be built up in layers around a central box frame. the next stage is probably going to involve modelling it in 3d to make sure the idea i have in my head for building it can be achieved (its handy that i've just started a new 3D course as my skills were very rusty) its a bit of a slow process due to lack of available cash but hopefully that should be rectified soon. but thanks for all the comments so far.

got that image cheers, its pretty much ready to start now. and that start should be soon, had a job interview at 11:30 this morning and they phoned at 1pm to tell me i'd got it, so soon i should be able to actually start buying materials and what not.

as much as i like the actual one they went with in the movie, i do love the concept art, but i think it just wouldn't have worked in the world they created, its too futuristic and technical to suit the grimy desperate aesthetic that the film has.

You guys have done some awesome work here. The latest design looks pretty accurate to everything I have seen. This would be a great project to get the design and build onto a Glock. Cool cool cool beans!

Not to blow my own trumpet but the actual latest design is even closer I just haven't uploaded the pics, I kind of want to wait till its finished and do a big reveal/build thread. I start my new job on Monday so the build should begin in the next few weeks. I'll definitely throw some teasers up though as I'm going.

dunno if I'm restating something that's already been noted but it looks a bit like the detail on the 'special' ammo clip could maybe be semi transparent revealing shells inside?...

clipdetail.jpg

Are you going to be producing a kit of the 2012 Lawgiver?

honest answer. as yet this is totally undecided, once i start building it and get the parts into the basic kit form i have worked out in my head it will then be a question of how easy/difficult it would be to mold the parts. specifically the main body as it will need to be done in a box section with some internal strenghthening, not 2 halves due to the width of the material i'm initially using. i don't have a machine shop or anything so its all pretty much being made from styrene

I could do a kit by molding every part i've drawn out but that would take forever as its up to about 50 seperate peices at the moment also it would require a lot of fitting/building and taking apart to make sure it worked before molding each piece. and the instructions would be about 40 pages long etc. my aim is to get it into less than ten parts before final assembly, most of which are just side details.

but once i get it to prototype kit form i will be looking into reproducing parts for my own final assembly, and may well do a small run, if only to recoup some of the costs. so all i can say at this time is keep an eye on the thread and we'll see what happens.

also, fantastic vid about the equipment used in the film with some nice lawgiver stuff, methinks it will come in handy. i hope this will be an extra feature on the bluray as some frame by frame action would be perfect.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/a...nd-the-scenes-of-dredd-3d-in-a-new-featurette

Last edited:
This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back