Dollar Store Arc Reactor Contest! (Winners Announced)

Hey everyone, sorry I didn't reply yet, but I'm a bit stressed with class right now and lost track of the contest and the voting. I am not really sure about the prize, anyway, as I live in Germany and do not now if not perhaps the shipment fees were too expensive.

I also feel strange about the coin toss; also, if the 1st best movie accurate was a tie between A and B, shouldn't I have come in as third?

FOTOKID you can pick your prize any time you like. :)

SFNox, I have no idea where you "should have " placedin the contest, as that part wasn't up to me. As far as the prize goes. when it gets to your turn to pick, just let us know what you would like, and I will talk it over with the person who donated that prize. If they are not willing to ship it to Germany on their own, I may be willing to help them out, with the shipping cost. (within reason.)

if the 1st best movie accurate was a tie between A and B, shouldn't I have come in as third?

Normally yes, but due to the multiple categories and the fact that everyone can only win one prize you were bumped up because A won 2nd best overall.

Sorry I've been out of town and a billion miles away from the internet. I would love the Star Wars mugs! If I only get one then I'll take Boba Fett but if I get both I'll be very very pleased!

NEXT!

When I entered, I wanted one of those Dalek 'To Victory' Posters for my dad, he loved them and he loves posters.

Side note: Anyone know where I can get one or at least find a good image of one to print out as a mini poster?

Oh, and I noticed that you still have steveng as claiming the Raiders Bible Pages in your prize post, he's got the Best Buy cards now so the Bible Pages are still available.

Thanks OB, now I can give him a present for whatever is coming up that he'll actually like, XD

(Cause it didn't cost time or money) lol

are there going to be enough prizes?
there are nine winners and only eight prizes

Worst case scenario I'll offer up a second set of my Bible Pages. We said we'd go as far down the list as we could but I really don't want anyone to go empty handed.

I wish I could offer something up, but I don't have anything worth giving that I can part with (Not without my mother killing me) [it's all mostly new things or quite expensive things]

I know beggars cant be choosers but to be honest I would love to walk away with one of the prizes that was made by the members here. Because the work done by these guys just blows me away. Jedifyfe's paper props were like the grand prize in my opinion, I live near a bestbuy and I think I still would have chosen them lol.

Just logged in to check in on things... I rrreally regret making that .gif now.

I hope there's a chance to compete in something like this again (dollar store Joker's detonator anyone?)

.....and you should :)
I thought yours was the best of the customs, very original and I want to know how you did it and what you used. Please post it in the build thread!!

Shylaah

Ok, I removed Stevengs name from the bible pages. (actually I've already removed it a number of times, but the edit keeps not taking, so I hope it takes this time. :( )

As far as prizes. I hate for anyone to go home empty handed, but we have what we have, and when they are gone, they are gone. However, I would never turn away donations. OB if you do through in another set of bible pages, I might suggest splitting them up. (they will go further that way, and it will make the set that is already spoken for, a little more special, for the higher placing person that already asked for the first set. )

I wish I could donate something, but I don't really have anything to through in right now, and even if I could find something, I have my dollar store lightsaber contest coming up in November. (probably) So, I'll need whatever I could dig up, for that. (Plus, I think, there my just be another contest, starting very soon, held by another member. ;))

SFNox, is still up next to pick a prize.

Here you go. :)

Good morning everyone. (or if it's not morning where you are, then substitute whatever applies. ) And, congratulations to all our winners. Everyone did a great job on their reactors, thank you all for entering, and for sticking with us, wall the contest has changed hands. (more then once. )

Here is how this will work:

Official prize choosing order (pending prizes) will be:

1 - Best Overall - 6 - Knightjar

2 - Best Custom - 3 - Steveng

3 - Best Movie Accurate - TIE between A & B, B won the coin toss - Jedifyfe

4 - 2nd Best Overall - A - FOTOKID

5 - 2nd Best Movie Accurate - SFNox

6 - 2nd Best Custom - 2 - Shylaah

7 - 3rd Best Overall - 8 - Jwm96

8 - 3rd Best Custom - 7 - Helix_3 - Disqualified meaning it's a tie between 1 & 4, 1 won the coin toss - TK5455

9 - 3rd Best Movie Accurate - E - Grundy

10 - *3rd Best Custom Runner Up* - 4 - Robert Rodriguez

If a member wins two categories they will only receive the prize for the highest "ranking" category. There will be lots of entries leaving with prizes.

Each winner will post here in turn (Best Over All first, then Best Custom, then Best Movie Accurate, and so on, fallowing the pattern posted above. ) Witch prize they would like to claim. (please wait your turn.)

Once you post here, witch prize you would like please PM me your mailing information, so that I may forward it to the donator of your prize, so that they can mail it to you.

We will continue in this fashion, until we run out of prizes.

Without further delay, here is your prize list (in no particular order), and once again, thank you so much to all that donated prizes.

1. Two $50 best buy gift cards donated by FusedNova (claimed by Steveng.Mailing info sent to FusedNova)

2. Iron Man paper prop Set donated by Jedifyfe. Includes: (claimed by Knightjar, mailing info sent to jedifyfe.)

Newspaper
Rollingstone cover
Forbes cover
Wired cover
Newsweek cover

3. Two Dalek 'To Victory' Poster replicas donated by MacMantis (Claimed by Shylaah, Mailing info exchanged )

4. Two Indiana Jones Raiders Bible Pages (one aged, one new) donated by Orange-Blend (Claimed by SFNox, and OB has your mailig info)

5. A set of the Iron Man 2 video game film cell pre-order bonus donated by Kenobius

6. An Iron Man canvas bag, promoting the release of IM2 on DVD donated by micdavis

7. Two Dram tree mugs, a Yoda and a Boba Fett. One is numbered 002 and the other is a pre-production. Donated by fuelish. (claimed by FOTOKID, mailing info sent to Fuelish.)

8. Iron Man Fun Pack. Donated by Shylaah (claimed by Jedifyfe, mailing info exchanged. :))

a mini microlight kite
a pack of 3 mini frisbee disk
on the go Adventure set--note pad, crayons stickers
a pack of temp tatoos
a mini poster with stickers
a digital watch

9. Orange-Blind has been nice enough to donate another Iniana Jones Bible page. (the person who picks this prize, can choose from new, or aged) (aged bible page, claimed by jwm96, and OB has your mailing info.)

(I know, it may seen like some of the individual prizes should have been "split up", but this is how they were offered, and how it has been posted to date, and I feel it would be unfair to split them up at this point. I think if the winners have had their hart set on a prizes as it was listed, it would be unfair to ask them to settle for less then all of that prize.)

Last edited:
This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back