Doc's foam/fiberglass work + Mark 42 painted pieces

Re: Doc's foam work + repulsar installed in Mark 42 glove vid

Mark 42 handplate that moves!! Tried to get it as close to the hot toys statue as I could :D . It removable and being held in place by magnets...its jackies cool file

Re: Doc's foam work + repulsar installed in Mark 42 glove vid

Mark 42 handplate that moves!! Tried to get it as close to the hot toys statue as I could :D . It removable and being held in place by magnets...its jackies cool file

That is so mint man. These videos you post are a lot of help. I appreciate you posting them.

Doc's foam work + repulsar installed in Mark 42 glove and hinged joint handplat

I also found it at Harbor Freight Tools... it was a little cheaper there too. Every once and a while they put out a 20% off coupon as well but I think it is only for one item not the whole purchase but every little bit helps.

Struck out at my local harbor freight, they only had the Plastidip brand LET... I'll try Home Depot this week.

Re: Doc's foam work + repulsar installed in Mark 42 glove and hinged joint handplate

Handplate looks great! The hinge looks really nice! One of the best hinges ive seen! Any tutorial for that also? :lol

Re: Doc's foam work + repulsar installed in Mark 42 glove and hinged joint handplate

This is an extreme test of flexibility. I wont try this on anyones stuff. I put wrong shade and didnt notice till I was done So going to redo it..hey I'm not perfect lol so wanted to show if done right it will have this flexibility this has been almost 48 hrs after paintin it and you'll see that it will return back to original form.
Disclaimer
Do not try this test on your armor if you want to test it try it on garbage piece. I created this method to find a way to have a more protected piece that can withstand natural movement. I am not responsible if you decide to put suit on and throw yourself down a hill in it, wrestling in it, running cross country in it, drive to work in it, sleeping in it , taking shower in it or gettin freaky in it and end up getting creases or cracks :lol:lol

Last edited:
Re: Doc's foam work + extreme paint job flexibility test vid

Hey Doc that's paint over foam? Now i have to reread this thread ,because i missed this. how is the durability(rubbing)? Anyway i love what you've been doing. Ground breaking stuff< truly amazing...GM

Great stuff as usual Doc but please test the inward flex.
That's something that's hard to avoid with painting foam.

Hey Doc that's paint over foam? Now i have to reread this thread ,because i missed this. how is the durability(rubbing)? Anyway i love what you've been doing. Ground breaking stuff< truly amazing...GM

Thanks murdoch, Yup paint over foam. Rubbing no problem. Yea thats my new method with Garden benders Liquid electrical tape. I put step on one of previous pages. I just wanted somthin easy and effective and less time consuming. But after finished do not handle atleast for 24hrs

Thanks murdoch, Yup paint over foam. Rubbing no problem. Yea thats my new method with Garden benders Liquid electrical tape. I put step on one of previous pages. I just wanted somthin easy and effective and less time consuming. But after finished do not handle atleast for 24hrs

You don't recall which page do ya. Lol...GM

Hey Doc. Most folks say they dilute the first couple of coats of glue. Did you thin the Modge Podge too when you coated your foam?

This is an extreme test of flexibility. I wont try this on anyones stuff. I put wrong shade and didnt notice till I was done So going to redo it..hey I'm not perfect lol so wanted to show if done right it will have this flexibility this has been almost 48 hrs after paintin it and you'll see that it will return back to original form.
Disclaimer
Do not try this test on your armor if you want to test it try it on garbage piece. I created this method to find a way to have a more protected piece that can withstand natural movement. I am not responsible if you decide to put suit on and throw yourself down a hill in it, wrestling in it, running cross country in it, drive to work in it, sleeping in it , taking shower in it or gettin freaky in it and end up getting creases or cracks :lol:lol

Holy flex test!! Nice man.

Re: Doc's foam work

Sorry for the question, but has somebody else problems trying to see the video?
I don´t know why I can´t see it.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back