Doc's foam/fiberglass work + Mark 42 painted pieces

Re: Re: Doc's foam work

Do you have quicktime?

Yes, but the file doesn't download in my computer! I'll try again!
Thanks for the quick answer!

Sorry for the several post! Firts time I use the tablet to post and I pressed some buttons I shouldn't!

Guess what, I saw the video with the tablet!
Nice work! It looks great!

Enviado desde mi GT-P3100 usando Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Re: Doc's foam work + Mark 42 glove that when hand raises up triggers repulsar vid

Doc and everyone awesome work, I have a doubt, Il be trying it on the weekend that I have time to work but now after reading I have the doubt and now im impatient to try, what you think about using first bondo, sand it and instead of using another coat or spot putty, use next a coat of rondo, sand and the spot putty for little fixes, what do you think about this approach? bondo for base, then rondo for smoothing it, Thanks

Re: Doc's foam work + Mark 42 glove that when hand raises up triggers repulsar vid

looks pretty sweet! I can't wait to start my forearm/glove pieces!

GREAT, GREAT WORK!

Is this the LET you're using? Sears.com

Also, are you just using the Krylon or Duplicolor adhesion promoter?

Thanks in advance!

Looks awesome as always!

Thanks jackie, cant wait till I get some free time n build yor Mark 42 for myself. Already thinking of cool stuff that I can do:)

Doc and everyone awesome work, I have a doubt, Il be trying it on the weekend that I have time to work but now after reading I have the doubt and now im impatient to try, what you think about using first bondo, sand it and instead of using another coat or spot putty, use next a coat of rondo, sand and the spot putty for little fixes, what do you think about this approach? bondo for base, then rondo for smoothing it, Thanks

I dont see why...
not give it a try
Yep. Still awesome!! Great work as usual.

Thanks pinder

:eek

incredible work man!!!

Thanks ladman n cool IronPatriot

looks pretty sweet! I can't wait to start my forearm/glove pieces!

thanks dude

GREAT, GREAT WORK!

Is this the LET you're using? Sears.com

Also, are you just using the Krylon or Duplicolor adhesion promoter?

Thanks in advance!

Yup the exact same. And I didnt know krylon has a adhesion promoter but krylon and duplicor are the same company so either one. just follow the directions exactly.

Was so happy that I found the cans of LET at my Home Depot, I took all the cans they had (4 cans) but was surprised from how small they were

Last edited:
Doc's foam work + Mark 42 glove that when hand raises up triggers repulsar vid

Did you go at it with the heat gun a couple times?

Yeah I did but I put a few coats of mod podge on it and it started to crack I'm gonna buy that ludus electric tape doc was talking about to see how that works but I hope there's a way to fix the arms

Did you let it dry long enough in between coats and spray lightcoats? This is how it should look if done correctly. That can happen if you coated it before last coat was dry. That can happen with anything if ya coat before your supposed to you will get spiderweb like cracks. Just remeber what I put after dteps take yoir time and follow directions on label exactly. I take every precaution now. I try to not handle piece so much, always wear glove so I wont leave residue or anything. try to keep it clean the best you can just to not leave any chance of not adhering . Good luck with the rest

Did you let it dry long enough in between coats and spray lightcoats? This is how it should look if done correctly. That can happen if you coated it before last coat was dry. That can happen with anything if ya coat before your supposed to you will get spiderweb like cracks. Just remeber what I put after dteps take yoir time and follow directions on label exactly. I take every precaution now. I try to not handle piece so much, always wear glove so I wont leave residue or anything. try to keep it clean the best you can just to not leave any chance of not adhering . Good luck with the rest

Thanks doc I think ur right I kinda rushed in between coats so what brand liquid electric tape do you use?

click on darksides post above where it says sears.com. Thats why before I post steps I write "if ya dont get the results I get its cuz ya didnt follow directions." do that and you'll have awesome results:)...also modpodge is the easy part cuz if ya dont do exactly and I mean EXACTLY how the brand of adhesion promoter says to do it you will have problems later.

Last edited:

click on darksides post above where it says sears.com. Thats why before I post steps I write "if ya dont get the results I get its cuz ya didnt follow directions." do that and you'll have awesome results:)...also modpodge is the easy part cuz if ya dont do exactly and I mean EXACTLY how the brand of adhesion promoter says to do it you will have problems later.

Will do doc thanks for being so cool and helping out man

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back