Dexter costume

I think I've got 30 days to return the other ones from the order date, which is I guess another 20 now. If I get the tundra pants in time I'll take side by side comparisons with the OD pants and my AA shirt. I just hope I'm not tempting fate. Odds are if they sit around for a few days something's going to get spilled on them or make them unreturnable in some way.

I think I've got 30 days to return the other ones from the order date, which is I guess another 20 now. If I get the tundra pants in time I'll take side by side comparisons with the OD pants and my AA shirt. I just hope I'm not tempting fate. Odds are if they sit around for a few days something's going to get spilled on them or make them unreturnable in some way.

I'll be ordering both also. The pants are very comfortable, I was thinking about using the pair I don't need for Dex for work.

Anyone else ever wonder what some of these vendors must be thinking? "Y'know Jim, we haven't sold one pair of these pants in the last year, and I've had 20 orders in the last week. What gives?" :lol

DSC01946-1.jpg

Tundra.

PS - These pants are really comfortable.

^ Comparing that photo to the photo you posted in post #150, I agree tundra is a better match. I might just have to get a pair myself. :D

Well, it's been a year and a half of mostly waiting for stuff to be identified, but it's kind of hard to believe I've finally got the whole costume. Here are a few pictures around my apartment complex. (the first one is a very humble attempt to copy the S1 publicity still. I did a terrible job. Also, please excuse the beard, it takes me a couple months to grow it out for Jack Sparrow.)

Dexter01.jpg

Dexter02.jpg

Dexter03.jpg

Dexter04-1.jpg

Dexter05.jpg

Dexter06.jpg

Risu,

I'm assuming those are the Tundra colored pants? Those Mocha Bisques look perfect with your dye job... the laces? Those the charcoal ones you mentioned?

Yea, tundra colored pants, charcoal laces. Most of what I put on my boots got washed off by the rain before I had a chance to properly seal them. Right now they're slightly darker than they were originally, but not really turned brown at all. You can see their real color in the second picture, I tweaked the first one to look more like the seal brown boots.

Not really. The laces in the intro, I think, are the stock laces on the seal brown boots, but dirtied up. You've got a pair of the Diesel boots, so you've seen that kind of waxed look they've got? I think that contributes to the color shift. Those laces are flat tubular where these ones are just flat. Because of the difference, those are softer and the weave is finer, these ones are obviously cheaper. It'll probably take a long time to get them dirty, they seem to repel most dirt.

Holy Christmas!!!

I just received my Olive G-Stars (THEY FIT!!!), my global spatula, and my Buck 120 (even though that has nothing to do with Dexter). Pics shortly in their respective areas.

Last edited:
Another reason I feel the boots were Mocha Bisques except for the Season 1 promo pics, seen here.
dexter.jpg

Although this pic leads me to believe the laces were borrowed from the Military Green Cassidys.

There are real pics of the now discontinued Seal Brown.
cassidy_br_1.jpg

cassidy_br_2.jpg

cassidy_br_3.jpg

cassidy_bro_1.jpg

cassidy_bro_2.jpg

I have a couple of good studio shots that show Dexter's boots from season 1 and season 5 that I shrunk down and to be honest, neither look like seal brown to me.

dexters1003.jpg
dexters5michaelchall004.jpg

Wow, those don't look seal brown at all. Well, maybe if I try hard enough the ugly yellow color can grow on me.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back