Dexter costume

I still haven't gotten my OD green ones yet to verify (just because I need to see them in person to KNOW) that they're wrong before ordering the tundra ones and returning them. I've got 9 days until I was planning on wearing the costume, it's not looking too likely now since I ordered the OD's 8 days ago and they're still not in. FedEx 3 day my ***.

Oh, and the laces are in, a little darker and slightly bluer than the S1 laces, but I'm hoping they'll be closer after some wear. On the bright side, the extra 8 inches of lace make it WAY easier to tie the boots correctly and not have a dorky tiny bow.

Hey Risu, here is a pic of me in the Army Henley and the OD 511 pants. You can see how wrong they are.
243f4afe.jpg

If you order a pair of the Tundra's off the copsplus store I linked, they should be there within 9 days.

That picture actually makes me side a bit more with the OD green actually. I just have to see them in person, monitors and whatnot lie 9 out of 10 times. Your shirt is definitely the new AA henley, and from that picture I'd say there's no way they're using the new ones on the show. Again, that could be the monitor. Does it look greener in person, or just plain brown?

That picture actually makes me side a bit more with the OD green actually. I just have to see them in person, monitors and whatnot lie 9 out of 10 times. Your shirt is definitely the new AA henley, and from that picture I'd say there's no way they're using the new ones on the show. Again, that could be the monitor. Does it look greener in person, or just plain brown?

You're right about the picture messing it up. The iPhone 4 tends to fade or strengthen the color in HDR mode. The Henley looks more brown I guess? "Army" is not too green.

It used to be very green. I was really surprised when I went in to the local AA store a few months ago and saw the thing on the rack. Totally unappealing color IMO, much like the mocha bisque actually, haha. Dexter's kill suit used to be green, but it's basically yellowy-brown now.

I still have a strong feeling that it is the Tundra pants. I think in Episode 11 after Dexter leaves the van in the daylight you can see it is not OD green pretty clearly.

IMO the screen grab I took of that scene compares pretty closely with this shot of the OD pants you took. I'll be able to say for sure once the pants show up, hopefully early on Monday before I leave town to visit family for the week.

I stopped in the AA store in Chicago yesterday while I was exchanging my Diesel boots... the Army didn't look any browner than my shirt that I bought in 2009. Maybe they have old stock, or my eyes where seeing what I wanted to see. I should've worn mine to compare, but I didn't even realize there was an AA store there until I saw it across the street from Diesel.

This confusion is making me hold off on ordering Tundra colored pants. The built in belt on the back pocket is the same color as the pants. When Dexter grabs Dan Mandel out the grate, he bends down to tie him up. It looks like the built in belt is more brown in that shot than OD Green. Can you get a screen shot of that? (Everything is Illuminated, episode 6).

I already posted another shot from the same scene, but why not? All I've got is time.

DexterGreen3.jpg

Looks to me like same color, different texture. The light is hitting it. Also if they've been washed and weathered there's a chance the belt faded differently than the fabric. Remember to refer to the previously posted picture before making up your mind.

Comparing Risu's screengrab to Tom's pic, I'd say the shirt looks almost identical even though they are under much different lighting. Obviously the shirt is not in question, but just a base for color comparison with the pants. Tom's pants have more of a blueish hue, while Dex's have more of a brown hue... to my eyes. Trick of the lighting and filters, or different color all together?

The hue is what I never trust in photos. I usually try to stick to judging the lightness of what I'm looking at. To me, the SU and OD pants (from the pics I've seen) look to be the same lightness. The OD pic posted could look a little blue because of natural sunlight or whatever else. But I agree, it's a real pain to tell which it is.

Man, the color swatch for the tundra on that site looks SO wrong, but I've seen the actual photos of the pants, so I know it's inaccurate. Alright, I'll bite and order them.

Big thanks to pinder91, I received my G-Star Raff Elwood pants in army on Friday.

I'll take some photos once I receive my correct gloves from Stompers, they sent me the wrong gloves in the wrong size so I had to send them back and am waiting for replacements now.

I know it's a little Brian Moser/Ice Truck Killerish, but I couldn't resist. Carry on!

Awesome! Biney is the 2nd best Serial Killer next to Dexter :cool

Man, the color swatch for the tundra on that site looks SO wrong, but I've seen the actual photos of the pants, so I know it's inaccurate. Alright, I'll bite and order them.

It is way wrong, so is the Olive color swatch from the site. I'm still leaning Tundra! Let us know when you get them.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back