Delete thread

Re: JUICE's WAR MACHINE - Pepakura FOAM Template Files Thread

Wow! Detour! Looks awesome, would love to see some build pics!! Very inspirational!
M

Question for sSealth are the files on a default size. .. I havent had to adjust any of the sizing and ive completed the chest,back, elbows, shoulders, biceps, forarms, and plate arms and everything fits perfect.... I finished my abs/cod today and I can barely fit it on my head..... I realized it was too small HOURS ago... But I want to finish anyways.... Any one need a baby WM Cod/Chest piecce?

are you trying to put the whole piece on? You have to create a way to attach it like a girdle. It doesn't just go on like a shirt.

were the abs/cod the same scale as the torso you built?

some parts will fit at the same scale. Others will not. Everyone's proportions are different.
files aren't modelled on a human form to begin with.

hope you get it right the sizing right the next time.
Good luck man

Last edited:

:thumbsup
A big thanks to Juice, Stealth, and Shades for their posts and videos! I followed their threads for many months!

This was my first pep build and I decided to go with the EVA foam and hot glue (seemed easy enough). Overall I am extremely pleased with the product.

Though you can't tell from the pictures (outdoor shots), the eyes and arc reactor light up, mini gun spins, and both arm guns have flashing lights controlled by triggers hidden in the forearms. Each gun can fire individually or in any combination thanks to a custom circuit board and sound effects. And for icing on the cake it plays "Back in Black" and "Shoot to Thrill". I will try to get some videos on YouTube up of it all working.

The photos below was taken at the Marvel shoot at this year's Dragon*Con in Atlanta.

war-machine-bill.jpg

detail.jpg
Dude freaking awesome, def going to make a war machine for next year, man that's awesome great job on it.

Ive tried using the basic scale for this file thinking it wa my size like my ironman helmet whuch is 280. This file was 281 but it came out a tad too snug on my head so ima scale up by 10% and try again. Should come out even better next time now that i know jow the pieces are placed plys ima mix 4mm foam with 6 or 8 mm foam to do certian areas for depth. But in all i think the files are awesome cant wait to start my enyire wm suit. Thank u stealth juice and jowe for the awrsome work. Keep bringing more and more

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

Stealth - Thanks for the tutorials. After watching your Iron Man build on YouTube I had to try the foam route. It's my first foam build and I have a lot of work but here's my first full test fit. I haven't attached the arc so it was pretty much falling out of my chest...which is your travel mug lid. Oh, and the auto on for the eyes, and the LED eyes....pretty much all of it. Thank you sir!

Is there anyone here that would be willing to sell me their templates for this War Machine build or even print a set of these files and mail 'em? I'm willing to provide the supplies (110# cardstock and ink) plus some coin for your time. Pm me if you can help. (my PC laptop crapped out on me last month and all i have is this MAC). ANY help is appreciated.

ty to the creators of these files... just downloaded and printed them all. early start for next year....

if anyones interested i tried cleaning this awesome pep file for Foam building
im going to make the "bottom" gun in freehand but i kept some of it so i dont have to scale it myself,
credits to where i found it(no author) WAR MACHINE HIGH-DEF Pepakura files TEAM-UP second try

the place to download it = wm forearm FOAM edit by hammer.pdo - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download - mads hougaard

what it looks like
derpz.png

file gone?

Stealth - Thanks for the tutorials. After watching your Iron Man build on YouTube I had to try the foam route. It's my first foam build and I have a lot of work but here's my first full test fit. I haven't attached the arc so it was pretty much falling out of my chest...which is your travel mug lid. Oh, and the auto on for the eyes, and the LED eyes....pretty much all of it. Thank you sir!

dude love the classic warmachine colours!!

Thanks Ciano930! It's the special edition War Machine that Hot Toys had out. Can't wait to get Stealth's helmet cast and bring it together.

This is very cool man ...

I subscribe your channel on youtube ..
I'm very impressed ..^^..

I have spent many a time watching the Hero Tutorials and watching these posts. Thanks for all the info. This is what I have so far.

I have the neck built and the Helmet is basicaly completed.

My question is whats the best way to :smooth" out my lines and glue? Ihave the plastidip... But do I need to seal first before sanding... Before painting.. Whats my next step?

Thanks guys.

The tip that I used, was use the tip of the hot glue gun to melt all the glue down smooth.

Not sure what you mean by sanding though. You seal foam before painting. That's pretty much it with this route you're going.

Hello all im new to the boards , read this thread many times and
I can't seem to find pics of these files built at default scale much help
Appreciated :) I just want to know how these parts go together at default scale
As I'm 5"8 and 155 lbs and athletic build lol not a big guy at all .
I don't want to waste materials unnecessarily if I don't have to . Thanks again and props to all involved with these files just amazing and easy to understand .

Hello Everyone,

Note:
If you're new to Foam building in regards to creating Costumes such as IRON MAN, War Machine Etc. Please take some time and follow these tutorials I had created to help you understand the concept.
CLICK HERE:
TUTORIAL - Using PEPAKURA for FOAM Costume Building
FOAM12.jpg

Then come back over and download these files and get started!

First and foremost:
I Just want to thank JUICE for the Awesome WAR MACHINE Pepakura files he created a while back.

A lot of people asked me to release the Foam modifications to these files as well after modding Robo3687's MARK IV/VI files.

Now you and a friend can be the Famous Duo from IRON MAN 2

I've merged all the little detail pieces and created smooth surfaces as the way the part look on the actual armor the best I could

Each part is only a few pages keeping it "green" and cost effective and all you need to do is Flip the part to create to other side of the section (Chest or back for example) or flip the pieces on the template to create the entire counterpart (shoulder/Bicep for example)

NOTE - FILES HAVE BEEN LEFT IN DEFAULT SCALE

===J0wE Foam Helmet Mod===
WM_HD_HELM_FOAM.pdo - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

WM_HD_HELM_FOAM_SCREENCAP.jpg

WAR MACHINE - CHEST - JUICE -FOAM - LETTER Version

WAR MACHINE - CHEST - JUICE -FOAM - A4 Version

chestfinalWM.jpg

SAM_1114.jpg

The back I found somewhat complicated to build.
This was the easiest I could get everything to go together.
WAR MACHINE - BACK - JUICE -FOAM - LETTER Version

WAR MACHINE - BACK - JUICE -FOAM - A4 Version

BackfinalWm.jpg

WAR MACHINE - SHOULDER - JUICE -FOAM - LETTER Version

WAR MACHINE - SHOULDER - JUICE -FOAM - A4 Version

shoulderWM.jpg

WAR MACHINE - BICEP - JUICE -FOAM - LETTER Version

WAR MACHINE - BICEP - JUICE -FOAM - A4 Version

bicepWM.jpg
Thank you so much for your Amazing Tuts
and also for sharing these easy fantastic file
Great job STEALTH

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: WAR MACHINE - Pepakura FOAM Template Files *Video Tutorial Link in first Post*

Hello to all,

I have I had always wondered how people make these costumes. I am going to Pax East next year and wanted to go as War Machine. I have been following a ton of tutorials from Stealth and Xrobots.co.uk.

I have all the templates that i need to create this costume but i had a hard time finding pepakura files for the minugun and ammo belt. I finally found pepakura files for both. I did some measuring and found out that the ammo belt files i found would not match the minugun files i have.

I took the mini gun files and measured the slot where the ammo belt would be attached in pepakura. then i make my own design in 3ds Max and imported it into pepakura and unwrapped it.

I have attached both files to here for anyone who is looking for the mini gun plans and the ammo belt. the ammo belt is just the one box in a long set of boxes. that way you can decide on how long you want to make it for your costume. i have also created a male and female openings on the ammo box itself so that it would be easier to put them together.

i did this because i wanted the ammo belt to move realistically. so when you put them together you can put pins or dowel rods on each side and create a pivoting movement for the ammo belt.

if anyone would like custom models made to bring into pepakura, just let me know and ill do my best to make them for you.

Ammo Belt:
Ammo Blet Block - Ladman - Download - 4shared - Thaddeus Ladzinski

You can find the link to the Mini Gun that Gimpee created on my complete Warmachine thread.

Last edited:
Re: WAR MACHINE - Pepakura FOAM Template Files *Video Tutorial Link in first Post*

That minigun block is appreciated! I think I will do one then cast them in 320 or 65D! You have a great Holiday Season!
M

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back