Delete thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates- *Video Tutorial Link in first Post*

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.560846583933730.129913.100000251801347&type=1

half body.. already done.. now lets start the lower part hehe.. :lol

We can't see your picture:

This content is currently unavailable
The page you requested cannot be displayed right now. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page.

Re: IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates- *Video Tutorial Link in first Post*

i love your suits stealth, i want to make a bulky suit abit like the hulkbuster but of my own design

Stealth, I once again can't thank you enough for these files.

It's been a year since I started work on my old suit now. And for what it was, it was acceptible to me. In the past year I've learned quite a bit of tips and tricks and am starting to revist the costume. Now in better scale, and with a better builder at the helm, I'm starting over again.

Also to everyone, build the brace. I've seen now that it gives the proper neck seal look, as well as forces the back and the chest into the right distance apart.

I would like to know where I can get foam that you use in a greeting Spain.

A new build, a new set of problems. Or rather one I didn't really address the first time.

I've upscalled everything evenly, the chest and the back fit well together, and I will be making the collar plates tonight.

Sadly however, the chest/back does not want to fit on the current, smaller, crappy abs. I fear what will happen with the bigger ones.

Has anyone else run into the problem, any suggestions? I'm thinking I might be able to just dremel the inside of the chest/back for more room at the edge.

Pics are added, you can see in the first one that the fit is so tight it can stand up on its own, and second you can see the non existent clearance.

Stealth,
I've gathered all the materials to make my own arc reactor like in your video but I can't find the Copper wire in the black container you described. They didn't even have any at Home Depot near me. I did find some copper wire at their competitor Lowes but not the same casing.

I attached a screenshot of yours and the case I found. Will it work?

What was the brand you used for the video tutorial? Perhaps I can find it that way..

Thanks

Tallpirate Val

EDIT: Is this the one? It says sold Online Only
http://www.homedepot.com/p/t/100294...talogId=10053&productId=100294013&R=100294013

Last edited:

whatever works man. Doesn't have to be the exact one. I wasn't looking specifically for the one I bought. I just found use for the case that way.

be creative.

OK cool..thanks for writing back. I'll use the plastic ring in the photo above..looks like the same measurement..about 3.5" in diameter.

Thanks for your Iron Man tutorials..looking forward to more :)

Hi there, a few pics from my first pepekura foam costume, a work in progress.
The only one in Portugal that i know of.

IMG_0829_zpsc839e624.jpg

IMG_0828_zps44d1b2df.jpg

IMG_0830_zps6e77079f.jpg

What are you guys using for the helmet colours? Is there a right code for the red and gold?

I've been quietly reading this thread and watching your videos stealth for the past 5-6 months and now I have finally finished my mark 4... If I hadn't seen you break dancing in an iron man suit I never would have thought it possible... I'm going to perth Australia comic con this weekend as iron man and its all thank to you... Oh and my wife cause she looked after the kids and made my meals while I slaved away at the costume. Thanks again and keep inspiring... I'm enjoying your robocop progress at the moment.
Cheers brutha

well I went to comic con and it was so much better than I thought... iron man stole the show, made it to network news and was interviewed the following day by radio stations.
it was so much fun.
all though I put the suit together It would never had happened if it wasn't for those who came before me... Stealth and those who made the templates then changed them for foam... those who made their costumes and inspired others... those who asked questions that I didn't know I would need to know the answers to... and to those who answered them and helped me and others accomplish what couldn't be done on their own.

I wish I new how to insert pics lol, if any are interested there are some from comic con on my page :)

I've been trying to avoid posting things on this forum during my build, but I'm having some concerns about things now I've got a fair bit done and I could do with some advice from the experts!

As you can see in the picture, I've got most of the upper body done now, so I've tried to connect it all together to test the fit and everything. I'm using webbing and buckles like in the tutorial videos, but I'm not sure I'm doing it right!

• I've tried attached the bit the buckles clip into directly to the foam, and it worked ok for a while but after a few goes one of them has fallen off. Any tips on gluing them to the foam?

• Is it normal to need someone else to help you into the suit?!? I find it very difficult to clip the arms to the shoulders once I have the chest and back on - not sure if this is because the parts are the wrong size or just not fitted/shaped properly

• The parts seem loose when I connect them together, as in they don't really hold their position relative to each other very well. I've watched the tutorials on connecting pieces together, but I'm still not very confident in attaching straps and getting it to hold :unsure

I have a long time before it all needs to be finished, and I think I'm going to re-do the chest piece (it was the 2nd piece I made so it's a bit rough), but I'm having so much fun doing it I might move on to another suit once this is finished! Thanks for everything so far, and any help/critique is much appreciated!

myk83...

ok I had the same problem with buckles etc not staying stuck... I found that the inside of the suit/the shiny side of the foam has a thin film of something on it, maybe its so you can clean dirt/grime off? anyway before I would glue the strapping to it I would either slice of a thin layer of foam off or using a soldering iron burn off a thin layer. since then the glue holds great. they will pull off with to much pressure but that normally takes a while.

my wife helps me suit up, I cant attach the arms to the shoulders myself.

if you don't like the fit you may just have to trial and error strap placement.

:)

myk83...

ok I had the same problem with buckles etc not staying stuck... I found that the inside of the suit/the shiny side of the foam has a thin film of something on it, maybe its so you can clean dirt/grime off? anyway before I would glue the strapping to it I would either slice of a thin layer of foam off or using a soldering iron burn off a thin layer. since then the glue holds great. they will pull off with to much pressure but that normally takes a while.

my wife helps me suit up, I cant attach the arms to the shoulders myself.

if you don't like the fit you may just have to trial and error strap placement.

:)

Fantastic! The chest piece was made with the "wrong" side of the foam facing inwards, so that might explain why the buckles fell off that bit. The other ones seem to be ok, but I'll try roughing the surface up a bit on any new ones I add.

Any tips on removing straps that I might put in the wrong place?!? :confused

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back