Delete thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates- *Video Tutorial Link in first Post*

I used a hot soldering iron to heat the glue and pull the straps off, if you don't have one I also heated up the glue gun and pressed the tip into the glue to soften it and take off the straps.

Re: IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates- *Video Tutorial Link in first Post*

those are amazing but i cant down load them my computer hates 4shared.com
somebody help please !!

So this is my first attempt at this.. I think the foam I used was too thin, 2mm.. and maybe my cutting and/or gluing was a bit off, but the result is a helmet that looks kinda good, but it is...well...too long :p I'm gonna use a thicker foam next time, hopefully it will turn out better.

I can't get the image uploaded to work, but here is a link to the image on Facebook.
Facebook

Re: Robo3687 - IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates -Easy to Build "Green" Versi

I think you're overly excited and are not listening closely to the tutorials. I literally showed you step by step how to do even that part.

I mentioned to get designer as you can do a lot more.

You really need to listen and follow closely. It's not that complicated.

To say that these programs aren't doing anything, is pretty odd as I did explain right here
at the beginning of this video on what to do with the files.

Using PEPAKURA for FOAM Costume Building - Part 2 -

if you install the program, all you need to do is double click one of the files and it will open the software.

So, I really don't know what you're doing wrong.
donde compraste el foami?

i'm new to building the iron man armors, but do you still have to put resin and bondo on the eva foam to paint it?

i'm currently building the right arm for a quick cosplay for next month using darkside501's pepakura card stock files. was wondering if foam is a better option if i decide to go full armor.

If you need a quick cosplay, just follow the method of the tutorial. No need to over complicate it with all that stuff.

If you need a quick cosplay, just follow the method of the tutorial. No need to over complicate it with all that stuff.

well, i plan to at least display the arm when im done, i'm kind of doing a cosplay of tony while he was tweaking his gauntlet during IM1 before he goes to Afghanistan to blow up his weapons. chillin on his couch with the gauntlet on wired to the chest piece. making it my own my using the entire mk7 armor from forearm down just because i like it a bit better.

progress...

531508_704289341770_1428257814_n.jpg

482728_705530564350_322409792_n.jpg

393716_705530549380_961050320_n.jpg

i was just wondering if using eva foam is better than card stock when it comes to building and painting.

Foam is quicker and easier to work with, but you typically get "better" results with card/bondo, given skill level of course

yeah there are few parts that i had trouble with so i filled it in with glue and hoping to correct during bondo phase.

Last night I put together the Iron Man helmet using a 5mm foam from Hobby Lobby. It was my first attempt and looks ok. I was wondering what te best method to seal the foam for painting was. I'm not going to be wearing it if that matters. Just a display piece. Also, any tips for smoothing down the edges of the foam? Sand paper maybe? Wasnt sure the type of result I'd get though. Thanks guys.

Last night I put together the Iron Man helmet using a 5mm foam from Hobby Lobby. It was my first attempt and looks ok. I was wondering what te best method to seal the foam for painting was. I'm not going to be wearing it if that matters. Just a display piece. Also, any tips for smoothing down the edges of the foam? Sand paper maybe? Wasnt sure the type of result I'd get though. Thanks guys.

With foam I'd go for a slightly battle damaged look... It really helps to hide imperfections and adds a little character I think

Sorry if I missed this but I'm about to start a MK IV build and by default, would Stealth's foam MKIV templates fit me? I'm about 5'7 and medium build.

Sorry if I missed this but I'm about to start a MK IV build and by default, would Stealth's foam MKIV templates fit me? I'm about 5'7 and medium build.

I am 5'11" and slim build... I used the templates exactly as they are and they were perfect for me... You may have to scale it down a little for 5'7"

[Deleted] sorry wrong thread

Alright guys, BEST WAY TO JOIN THE JOINTS? haha!

I have been using the book binding screws from Hobby Lobby but they always seem to unscrew and my thighs end up resting in my calfs!

Alright guys, BEST WAY TO JOIN THE JOINTS? haha!

I have been using the book binding screws from Hobby Lobby but they always seem to unscrew and my thighs end up resting in my calfs!

why don't you hot glue them, then screw them in quickly, then hot glue the outside? That's what I do. They never unscrew.

better yet, superglue?

Just make sure to not get any on the armor itself and it ends up gluing the screw to the joint hole.

hi guys, sorry im new to this and some parts i just got confuse about it. for those valley fold, do you guys just cut it 45 degree and glue it together? and some parts seems lik its more inwards so u glue it slightly inwards?

ok, after i post this n rewatch the tutorial, i realize i have to cut all those lines

Last edited:

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone could speculate on how close these files will be to the suit Pepper dons in IM3? I realize i'm asking before the movie is released but I have been bitten by the costume bug and am itching to work on my next big costume.
I was also wondering if anyone could be nice and help a lady out. I currently only have a mac and pepakura doesn't support mac. I was hoping someone could scale the files down to a 5'2" height and send me pdfs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back