Delete thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates- *Video Tutorial Link in first Post*

why did you post that twice?

just use JFcustom's spine files, search him.

Re: IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates- *Video Tutorial Link in first Post*

Hey Stealth do I put the brace under the the chest and back peice
?

That's been answered many times in this thread with pics. Look back a few pages should be there

Both of my finished suits
brothersinarms.png

Thank you Stealth and everyone else involved for the files.

Hello guys and ladies!

First of all, i like to thank Robo for making those amazing files and Stelath, for the amazing work and tips/tutorials and apologize if my English is rubbish.:facepalm

After seeing Stelath videos of his builds, and other people amazing work i decided to make my IronMan Armor, not for wearing (i`m kinda short:unsure) but to put in my house - 1:1 "replica".

Anyways, i read allmost all topics and afther working whit paper and sanding, i decited to try my luck whit foam. I dont have a house whit garage and it`s kinda hard to sand/etc in building. Afther some time searching i found some and give a shot.

First one is made form very cheap 5mm Yogamat/floormat i got in some sports store, it`s kinda soft, and even whit sharp blades it`s hard to cut it clean, especialy those 45 degres elements...
Then again its allways better to praktice on cheaper material, here is the result

im_helemet_mark_2.jpg

im_helemet_mark_2_b.jpg

im_helemet_mark_2_c.jpg

Yep, those II "marks" are from IronMan 2.0 comic book :wacko

Then i got some 5mm LD45 foam, straight from the source - found a manufacturer who`s office is in my city:)
it was waaaay better to cut, but i think i messed up in some areas. Had problem whit ear piece, and i think i dint cut cheeks in right angle - left them 90, instead of 45. Even whit software running in background and lots, and i mean loooots of reference materials it`s kinda hard to figure some parts - or maybe i`m stupid or don`t have experience.

im_helemet_mark_3b.jpg

im_helemet_mark_3c.jpg

im_helemet_mark_3d.jpg

im_helemet_mark_3e.jpg

im_helemet_mark_3f.jpg

im_helemet_mark_3g.jpg

im_helemet_mark_3h.jpg

im_helemet_mark_3i.jpg

im_helemet_mark_3j.jpg

im_helemet_mark_3k.jpg

Anyways, long story short i like You guys to check the photos and tell me is it salvageable whit painting/platic dip/rodno/bondo? I seen amazing work done from lot`s of people here and i`m wondering what to do next. New helmet until it looks perfect or to "touch it up" latter?

hiii guysss!!!!!!! Im new to this forum... any ways i just finished making the iron man mark 6 chest and back pieces out of resin, fiberglass and Filler,,,, am i supose to connect those pieces the way STEALTH did in his foam armor????

Re: IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates Thread -Easy to Build and "Green" Vers

hiii!!!! i just joined this forum, basically im really new.... first of all..thank youu Stealth for showing me how to creat my own iron man....
well i made the chest and back of the iron man mark 6 out of resin, fiberglass and bondo...my question is.. am i supose to connect those two pieces the same way Stealth did with the foam armor???? Using Velcro and straps???

started my mark VI about 6 hours ago completed mask neck and chest so far and i can't believe how well it comes out :O thanks so much stealth

Thanks for prepping all these files, stealth :thumbsup

Hello everyone

this is my foam build

bicep, forearm, and chest mk.6, but im using Mk.7 darkside files for Back
20130102_193054_zpsbdb1d270.jpg

now im continuing to shoulder
20130102_213051_zps7474c9ad.jpg

im using 8mm thick eva foam.

thanks everyone for sharing the experience and also stealth for tutorial at Youtube & Facebook page and make this suit easy to build.

Cheers
Happy New Year

Noob question incoming.

First, thanks to STEALTH et al. for the wonderful files. This project was perfect for a usually boredom-filled stay at my parents for Christmas break (I love em, but with spotty internet the house is lacking a bit in the entertainment department :lol)

Now to my question: where can I find good, high-def reference images for movie Iron Man suits (in my case, Mark 6)? Attempting to find them in google basically turns up the same two images over and over (people who've done the search know exactly which two I'm talking about), in addition to scads of ad- and pop-up- filled wallpaper sites. I've also searched the forums for some and couldn't find any. This would be a huge help to me.

Thanks!

::edit:: ... and less than 2 minutes after posting this, I found a really excellent set. Posting here for posterity: http://dl.gamesradar.com/photos/ironman2_renders/IronManMK6.JPG

Last edited:

More work done.... What do you think abou the red? :)

IMG-20130105-00225_zpsd0ed93ef.jpg

IMG-20130105-00226_zps09128c21.jpg

3illa that red looks great, your build looks clean as hell too. Good job. What color is it?

nicely done Stealth I've seen the videos very entertaining now I just need to spend the time to build the suit once again well done

3illa that red looks great, your build looks clean as hell too. Good job. What color is it?

Its automotive paint metallic and the code is:: RGU-274 (08-09-035)

hey I'm 14 and new to this foam technique but I've got to say it' pretty easy went out and spent $100 so far on materials I've been running around all day looking for Eva foam but found some plastic primer and plasti dip i do have a concern though i have 12mm 2x2 eva foam linking mats and i have some other thin 6mm foamies but not enough for the suit just the helmet do you guys think i can do the whole suit with 12 mm or should it be thinner i know i should of probably just got 6mm foamies but was looking for more Eva foam so should i continue with 12 mm or go get more 6mm Eva foam?

Last edited:

I built my whole suit out of the exact materials you mentioned. 12mm floor mats for most of it, 6mm craft foam for the helmet. I think it turned out very well. (check my build thread I my sig). 12mm has a lot more strength than the thin stuff. Good luck!

I built my whole suit out of the exact materials you mentioned. 12mm floor mats for most of it, 6mm craft foam for the helmet. I think it turned out very well. (check my build thread I my sig). 12mm has a lot more strength than the thin stuff. Good luck!

wow thanks any ideas to keep the foam in place from moving?

Re: Robo3687 - IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates -Easy to Build "Green" Versi

This may be a stupid question but can you guys fully suit up yourself without any help?

i always suit up alone with my 3 suits. . .no problems at all, but i always wear the cod piece/ab plates first before the chest/back. . .then the legs arms etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back