Delete thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Robo3687 - IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates -Easy to Build "Green" Versi

thanks for reply. ill try that.. hmm.. i have another questtion. sorry for being too noob. im been working for the helmet for almost 10 hrs now. my problem is each piece wont fit perfectly? is there a guide on how to cut rubbers sheet properly? thanks. and also how to join each piece to make it fit perpectly. thanks.

No problem. Usually it's a bad idea to start working on the helmet first, but to each their own. As for the pieces fitting correctly, you can use this thread for reference to making the right cuts and other things of the sort, just scroll down a bit: http://www.therpf.com/f24/foam-speed-building-adding-spacemarine-armor-148889/

how do you flip this file to do the other side? or do ya just print pages 3-6 out again?

You don't have to print out anything more than just one side of the armor. Just flip the piece you are using to the other side and use that as a the left or right side.

Re: Robo3687 - IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates -Easy to Build "Green" Versi

You don't have to print out anything more than just one side of the armor. Just flip the piece you are using to the other side and use that as a the left or right side.

... That made no sense to me. I'm sorry. :facepalm

The first post says to flip it meaning I either have to do something in the program to flip these pieces and print extra stuff OR I need to just print these parts again...

Because printed out right now I have one side of the helmet best I can tell. Helmets sort of require two sides...

... That made no sense to me. I'm sorry. :facepalm

The first post says to flip it meaning I either have to do something in the program to flip these pieces and print extra stuff OR I need to just print these parts again...

Because printed out right now I have one side of the helmet best I can tell. Helmets sort of require two sides...

take the printed templates that you used to draw on the foam for the one side now flip the template over and draw on the foam again and you will now have the other side - symmetrical parts have been removed to save paper and ink

guys... i cant find any topics about tip on cutting the rubber sheet. to cut curves line. somethng like that. i read the topic that u gave me sir money.. but its only about how to join each part. big help though. but i thnk my problem why they dont fit is how i cut the sheet and making the other side. ( left and right side) most of the time they have different size and edge. so when i tried to glue them together they wont fit well. i hope you can understand what i mean. sorry for bad engish

take the printed templates that you used to draw on the foam for the one side now flip the template over and draw on the foam again and you will now have the other side - symmetrical parts have been removed to save paper and ink

Oh... I was going to use card stock... guess this template won't work then huh?

guys... i cant find any topics about tip on cutting the rubber sheet. to cut curves line. somethng like that. i read the topic that u gave me sir money.. but its only about how to join each part. big help though. but i thnk my problem why they dont fit is how i cut the sheet and making the other side. ( left and right side) most of the time they have different size and edge. so when i tried to glue them together they wont fit well. i hope you can understand what i mean. sorry for bad engish

there is a link to the tutorial on the very first page of this thread on how to build foam costumes at the beginning of the very first post. If you watch the whole tutorial, you'll see what to do and how to flip the piece. Which is part 3 of the series.

good luck

Oh... I was going to use card stock... guess this template won't work then huh?

These templates are for foam or can be used for corrugated cardboard etc. The files for building out of cardstock are on Robo3687's actual thread. otherwise if you insist on using these files you will have to invert the pattern under the 2d menu in pepakura and then print the pieces you are missing

If you recalculate the scale to the exact same number and press OK, all the parts will come back to the screen. The parts that will come back, will be the ones that were moved off to the side to create the foam template. All you have to do is go to the menu and add tabs and numbers once again.

If you're not sure what I'm talking about, I suggest you watch part two of how to mod the files for Foam and just go backwards in the process.

Last edited:

HI all,

looking a bit for a helmet/helmet kit to buy...any suggestions??

Thaks a lot

Hi, this will be my first build and I was wondering if any of you have some tips that would come in handy. I was also wondering: after the piece is coated in the white/wood glue can you sand it so that the rounded parts don't have the seams in them?

Hi, this will be my first build and I was wondering if any of you have some tips that would come in handy. I was also wondering: after the piece is coated in the white/wood glue can you sand it so that the rounded parts don't have the seams in them?

The glue isn't resin. I wouldn't be sanding that. It's to seal the foam so you can paint it.
Please play close attention as to what you're using and why.

That way, you know what it does and what you're doing.

you don't need the brace. all you needed was the top of the spine on the back of the brace to finish the back of the torso. For detail purposes.
agreed, i did not make the brace either just made a piece to fill gap at top middle of the back and i also used thicker foam to make it a wee bit stronger.http://www.therpf.com/attachments/f...-img00359-20121118-2054.jpg-128429d1353702955

The glue isn't resin. I wouldn't be sanding that. It's to seal the foam so you can paint it.
Please play close attention as to what you're using and why.

That way, you know what it does and what you're doing.

Thanks for your help. All I need now to get started is the foam, glue, paint, and a new X-Acto knife. All of which I could get at Home Depot. I was thinking of building two suits, one foam one for conventions and such and a fibreglass (or strong plastic) one that I would modify to be compatible with (also modified) Airsoft weapons.

Re: IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates- *Video Tutorial Link in first Post*

Do you guys also put resin on the foam may take a stab at this before iron man 3 is released I just did a pep dredd helmet in 6 hours so hopefully I could do this over a few months :)

Re: IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates- *Video Tutorial Link in first Post*

Hello guys. I have a question, which I hope will help me.

Today I finished assembling the helmet of Iron Man (the Sharkman MK6 Foam with the measure H62 - W188 - D303). It was not perfect for my first time but I like it, but the question is simple:

After mounting the helmet how I do to be able to put on my head, it was small I believe that at least 10mm lower. And after much sacrifice to place, he is taking on my nose and I can not use my glasses.

So take this opportunity and ask for help. What size I leave the helmet or how percent I increase the helmet to make it easier to put on and wear my glasses. And so once again print the file of the helmet, for try again, but if possible without any mistake.

I have this doubt , because I have not seen any video showing someone putting the helmet.

Hugs from Brazil.

hello , does any one have the pdo for something that looks like a spine goes from the back down to the butt ? , thnx

hello , does any one of u guys have the spine in a pdo file ? thnx a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back