Delete thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Robo3687 - IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates -Easy to Build "Green" Versi

hi! im 5'5 and the suit given here will not fit me for sure...can you give me templates? obviously, its for 5,7 onwards. i want to do this project. please email templates for me to reduce the size or email exact size at richard01_manuel@yahoo.com.ph

i will appreciate your response. thanks...

Last edited:
Re: Robo3687 - IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates -Easy to Build "Green" Versi

hat stealth im new to the pepakura world and want to make a iron man suite for my kids.how do i find an download a full suite??i found a few but there not complete.some are missing hands and feet.do you have a full suite file?? and how do i find the arch reactors? are there files for the triangle builds and the other circle ones.any help would be great.ho? and are there any softwear i will need to buy or download?? i have pepakura 3..pery muchlease help????? thank you v

Wow the suites here look awsome! I'm currently building mine and I've ran into a bit of a conumdrum. I rescaled the cod to fit but the problem is when I put it on its too tight to just slide past my thighs otherwise it fits perfectly. Is there a prefered way to mod the cod with velco without compromising its appearance and accuracy?

I can't believe how easy this was. It only took me 6 hours to complete the raw building of the helmet versus the 15 plus it took just to make a paper helmet, not including fiberglass, bondo, resin sanding etc.

I had to add a few little nubs here and there to get some of the layered pieces to stay put securely like the bridge of the "nose" and stuff.

I have a few questions.

Should I scale every piece individually, or should the stock files work out okay? I am 5' 11" and 200 lbs. I am relatively scrawny.

Does the plastic coating method (seen here: http://www.therpf.com/f24/how-plastic-coat-foam-costume-pieces-146539/) help smooth out the places where slits were made to create curvature, or will the plasti-dip take care of that?

Are the pep files for pieces like the neck which have a lot of layered sections set up to give leeway for gluing, or should I make small braces as I go to keep them layered correctly while still maintaining the proper proportions?

I will clarify if need be, but I am short on time at the moment.

@defektedtoy: That looks great!! I assume that's the Sharkman/j0we helmet?

I made a mockup of that one using cardboard, and upon looking at yours, it makes a few mysteries clear to me now (such as, I was trying my HARDEST to get the bridge of the "nose" to meet up with the "eyebrow" portion, and it just wouldn't happen. Now I see it isn't supposed to! :facepalm)

Let me ask you... I notice that your ear sections are mounted to some sort of base, is that right? In the file itself, there is no such piece, so did you just improvise that part, or am I missing something?

Again, really well done! Can't wait to see it painted!

Thanks for the compliments! :D

I did improvise a bit on the ears. Because of how exact the pep files are, (no tabs) it leaves little room for a place to glue. So instead of trying to make the circle parts fit somehow, I just cut a small square just larger than the opening and glued it on the inside of the helmet, then added the ear discs afterwards on top.

The pep files leave out a bit of detail, but I think it's for good reason. Its best to make the parts with the pep open to see just how stuff should fit. You can do whatever on the interior because nobody will see it anyways, as long as the outside looks good! Haha

Wow ... They look awesome .. I want make it too :)

looks good, the scale looks great if thats default.

btw anyone else tired of the hot glue spider webs?? no just me

looks good, the scale looks great if thats default.

btw anyone else tired of the hot glue spider webs?? no just me
once youre finished with the pic, go over it with a hair dryer. that should get rid of all the spiderwebs, but wont melt the bigger glue spots

Hi. Thank you very much for the templates. Where are the files for the rest of Mark IV body?

the mk4 and mk6 are the same, excet for the chest and paintjob. Just use the mk6 files that you're missing.

Tnanks a lot. Does anyone know where I can find Mark V pep files?

The only Mk v (suitcase armour) I've seen is the one master Le built. It was built by hand. I don't think mk v pep files exist. Maybe someone could correct me.

here's the robo file i converted and used hope it helps

hippod.jpg

foam hip pod.pdo - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

and heres mine done

3e06797a.jpg

Finally! i was looking for this all morning i forgot to eat breakfast! thank you so much!:facepalm

Here's my build, i used stealth and Robo3687 Foam template, hope you guys like it... :$
dsc00001se.jpg
dsc00003tt.jpg
dsc00004ja.jpg
awd
dsc00005pnd.jpg

FettsSobriquet did a set of MKV templates a while ago, however the link has been dead for some time. I have contacted him asking for permission to rehost the files to make them available again, however I have not had any response.

a question about scaling.

how do you measure the chest, back and abs?
and if you scale one of those parts should i make it the same for the others?

I recently finished mine and it came out too big. I'm 5'5" 110lbs and i set the scale at 25

Does anyone have a good template for foam version of the hand plate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back