Delete thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Robo3687's IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates -Easy to Build "Green" Versi

my chest and back(hundred years in the making lol)...

6250033967_16708e4f87.jpg

6250563960_3730c3f804.jpg

keep on updating guys... :)

Last edited:
Re: Robo3687's IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates -Easy to Build "Green" Versi

******** that is clean Roy!

I want to say thanks to Stealth and all the others attempting this build. It has so motivated me to do this suit again and now. So I have done a foam WM from the original files, wish I had the new ones... it still needs to be painted but the body is done. I have done the Iron Man Mk6. This time I am going to try the Mark 4 complete with these templates. Now my methods are a little different. I am not a painter at all that is why WM isnt done. But What I have done is used Heat and Bond with fabric to make my suits colorful. I have attached Metallic fabric to my foam this time. And this is what I accomplished in Day 1...
310330_803528710184_32304844_37189655_1448504523_n.jpg

321504_803527936734_32304844_37189645_1910053382_n.jpg

305259_803528770064_32304844_37189657_2048792236_n.jpg

you and your fabric. I still have no idea how to do this. This can be so useful. I'd love to know this process for things like Power Ranger Shields (green/white ranger)

very awesome stuff Robin.

ah, little caesars... it has helped me a lot also when i'm pulling all nighters

After a hard night's work, I just realized that we are all working to pdofiles for a holiday that involves a lot of children... that is all :behave

yeah, but They make more money off adult costumes now a days.
Halloween is a booming holiday now due to the Adult take over of it.

Hardly any kids come to my door any more but the streets of downtown are filled with people partying it up all weekend.
It's nice to feel like a kid again for one day. :)

Funny thing is I celebrate the entire last week with a different suit... guess call me a big kid. As far as my method I will make a video of how I do this incase some people cant paint right now as to weather change, or if someone just wants to try it. I find it sufficient for what i am doing until its time for me to try to paint. I have one iron man suit, spartan helmet, cap shield and done other suits with foam and fabric. So it does work and the time needed is a lot less than painting.

Oh and I tried to crop out the pizza box... :)... suppposed to be dieting for the Spartan theme we are doing.

New member here, must say I am stoked i found this thread. Been wanting to do this but didnt want to do the pep paper build. Love the foam. I don't see gauntlet files here though. Do you have them/plan to add them?

ah, little caesars... it has helped me a lot also when i'm pulling all nighters

Just had an interesting idea!, Looking to buy a Craft Robo cuter and why not use it to CUT FOAM? Correct blade should do it?

Has anyone tried to use it to cut foam? with the CC330L model?
On some forums guys say's it does the initial cut and you can just "tear" the rest of it off.

Thanks.

It's really easy to cut out the paper templates since there are no tabs.

The thing is, you still need to tape some paper pieces together to get an idea of scaling before you go full out with the foam.

Cutting directly with that machine could waste a lot of foam and is still only theoretic at the moment.

@Stealth
Are you going to be posting a foam gauntlet/glove file?

@Stealth
Are you going to be posting a foam gauntlet/glove file?

i'm working on the hand files right now. have built them twice but haven't liked them yet. Yet. ;)

Newguy has a question but first let me say how awesome all of this work is. Truly is amazing stuff. All of you.

Now, can someone give me an idea, on the average, of the rough quantity of foam used in a whole suit?

Newguy has a question but first let me say how awesome all of this work is. Truly is amazing stuff. All of you.

Now, can someone give me an idea, on the average, of the rough quantity of foam used in a whole suit?

My rolls are 1800mm x 500mm 8mm thick and i used about 6 rolls they only cost me £1 each so including about £3 for glue stick total build cost so far is about £9 bargin :D

This thread is starting to remind me of why I had to take a two year RPF hiatus for school; everything looks so awesome I want to try it all! I remember trying to make a (failed, haha) clone suit conversion for pep when it first came out and I'm glad to see it has finally come into it's own.

Now while I'm busy talking myself out of this thing for Halloween, is there any consensus on thickness? The clone trooper in me says 1/2" for chest and thighs and maybe 1/4" for the more flexible parts. Thoughts Stealth/Roy/xtracrispy?

As Roy proved, you can get away with thicker for the torso but I'd suggest going thinner for the rest. I personally have used 1/4" for the whole suit with no problems. Looks sharp.

Okay note to self, the helm in foam is a pain in the butt. This should not have been the first thing i made. Its just sooo bad.

@Stealth
When are you posting the vid for sealing the foam?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back