Delete thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Robo3687's IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates -Easy to Build "Green" Versi

^ I'm not too stressed about the helmet. Taking my build slow. You could just wear sunglasses lol. For me the helmet will eventually be bought, I think the suit looks badass enough just wearing it without the helm - like Stefano's build

Plus Halloween isn't a big holiday here, so I'll have until the Avengers premiere!

Re: Robo3687's IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates -Easy to Build "Green" Versi

Race to halloween - Speed Build -Day 12/13 - Boots

Feelin' the burn right now.
SAM_2935.jpg

SAM_2942.jpg

^ I'm not too stressed about the helmet....

My only reason for the build is for Halloween, i might even use it this and the next year depending how successful.
Halloween is the best day to go out. It's national slutty girl day pretty much :lol

I'm buying the helmet from some German guy for over $350 USD, 2 day shipping "Not Cheap".

Now it's time to get on the Foaming, got the CraftROBO cutter ready.
this weekend will be a Recovery + Foam cutting day.

Ill post some party pictures after Halloween, you guys will love it.

So stealth is your build pretty much done? Besides painting of course.

I still have to do the boot flaps, neck and some quickie gloves. I would like to do some inserts for the inner elbows and rear knee area. Oh. The hip pods too. Paint the suit Then cast and paint my helmet :(

lots to do.

Hello!

I just joined RPF finally after lurking for the past year, so this is my first post.

I am nearly finished with my, first ever, pep build. I used these foam templates, with few modifications, for almost the entire build (Thanks Stealth!)

Anyway, what would you guys recommend for the joints? I have a rivet gun but I don't know how that will work with the foam. I need to connect the elbows and the knees because it hold everything together much nicer... I just don't know what :confused

Let me know!

That would take the average of a week for us "normies" and 2 days for you stealth :p. Also I didn't see a hip pod file are you sratch building that? Also thanks j0we for the file I am checking them out as I post.

Hot legs

Hello!

I just joined RPF finally after lurking for the past year, so this is my first post.

I am nearly finished with my, first ever, pep build. I used these foam templates, with few modifications, for almost the entire build (Thanks Stealth!)

Anyway, what would you guys recommend for the joints? I have a rivet gun but I don't know how that will work with the foam. I need to connect the elbows and the knees because it hold everything together much nicer... I just don't know what :confused

Let me know!

I use these which are used for holding kitchen cupboards together
686a088d.jpg

I will be using double side tape than to cut it out instead of tracing than cutting. Also using 110lb paper. Ill be cutting with just the hobby blade's. it shouldn't be too much of a hassle. worst case scenario ill go by Michael's for some better tools.

I also forgot to mention, the card stock serves another purpose when using a hot knife: It keeps the wider barrel of the knife away from the foam so if you accidentally angle it too sharply down on long cuts, it does not burn half circles into the surface because it hits the paper first and stops.

You go through a lot of double sided tape too. I just picked up another 3000" this morning from Sam's Club.

Thanks Demolition!

Ill give it a try

Hello!

Let me know!

Demolitions suggestion is the best for holding pieces together. Here's where to find them...

Check out Home Depot or Lowe's and go to the Hardware section. You should find some drawers with nuts, bolts, and screws inside. Look for the specialty draw. Those types of screws are called "screw posts" or "chicago screws" They have all different lengths and sizes and hold even better than rivets.

This is my first post also and i was wondering about the foam thickness. I have already put together the chest and the back pieces. But i used 1/4 inch thick eva foam rather than the 1/2 inch it looks fine but is there a particular reason for the 1/2 inch foam?

This is my first post also and i was wondering about the foam thickness. I have already put together the chest and the back pieces. But i used 1/4 inch thick eva foam rather than the 1/2 inch it looks fine but is there a particular reason for the 1/2 inch foam?

It's just personal preference or whatever they have on hand at the moment.

I used 1/4" for the whole suit and it worked fine.
If it works out why worry about it? :p

Don't sweat the details. Not everything has to be exactly like everyone elses.

just keep going. I'm sure it looks great.:thumbsup

^^beat me to it haha

Actually most people use the 1/4 inch or thinner foam for these builds. I know a few have used the 1/2 inch as well though. Your fine with either one. Personally the 1/4 is fine for me. Some areas are best made with thinner foam for more flexibility such as the neck. I used 2mm foamies for my neck seal.

It's just personal preference or whatever they have on hand at the moment.

I used 1/4" for the whole suit and it worked fine.
If it works out why worry about it? :p

Don't sweat the details. Not everything has to be exactly like everyone elses.

just keep going. I'm sure it looks great.:thumbsup

Alright cuz it works fine but i just ran into another problem the foam is some what textured do y'all know how to fix that so the paint don't look crapy?

^^beat me to it haha

Actually most people use the 1/4 inch or thinner foam for these builds. I know a few have used the 1/2 inch as well though. Your fine with either one. Personally the 1/4 is fine for me. Some areas are best made with thinner foam for more flexibility such as the neck. I used 2mm foamies for my neck seal.

lol thx

Alright cuz it works fine but i just ran into another problem the foam is some what textured do y'all know how to fix that so the paint don't look crapy?
Well I guess that depends on how and where the foam is textured. Stealth and I use the same foam which has texture on one side. So when we use it we make sure to have texture side in and smooth side out. But if you have texture on both sides it may be hard to get that smooth surface. Hard to say without see what the foam your using looks like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back