Death Star plans data card - zenix's build thread

That looks awesome!

But I see what folks are saying, in the photos of the real prop, it almost looks like the front is bare aluminum, and the traces just a slightly different color.

Still, the reference we have isn't the greatest, and tricks of light and all that can come into play, I reckon.

Maybe it's white epoxy with aluminum or silver traces.

I'm also seeing some slight differences in your traces and the real prop's. For one, the three dots or squares at the top are in the wrong position, the trace at the top left corner that yours is missing, etc.

I'm also seeing a third line at the bottom right that follows the other two that step down and run almost the width of the card to the left cluster of traces, and it almost looks like the gold circle needs to move up, the top of the circle in line with where the card changes to the curve.

It's so hard to describe, I wish I could draw it.
Draw what you're taking about. It doesnt have to be a good drawing, just a sketch showing what you mean

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Draw what you're taking about. It doesnt have to be a good drawing, just a sketch showing what you mean

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Alright, I'll give it a shot, stand by

Something like this... I know my proportions are a little off, the drawing has the whole thing a little too long, not to mention the circle is way too small and weird, but I hope you get the idea. I tried to show all the traces I see, but I have no idea what's under dude's thumb.

3ca5aedeaaa5538d2ced3c53b53eebca.jpg

d72d9568cbd32288cea0d73a00bb1bbd.jpg

Last edited:
Tried plugging that URL into Google and it didn't work

Aha! You simply forgot to put the "R" in "backerkit"

Have you got any updates as to how this will look with the changes you've made? I'm excited to see the final product!

Last edited:
I think you've done admirable work on this, given what information we have thus far.

However, wouldn't it be prudent to wait until the Blu-ray comes out, which would allow us better images of the prop?

Okay, now I'm excited!! :D Thanks for posting this halliwax (I wonder how they were able to get such a high-res screenshot when the movie isn't even out yet?)

And as if by magic, here's that screenshot cropped and enlarged slightly to make out some more of the details:
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170318/af9e5ee625d72f40f7c91f30625e928b.jpg

The movie is released to digital is six days away and 11 days from disc release. That means that at this time copies of the movies exist and most likely in store rooms and distribution centers. That being the case, copies have a way of getting out there especially to the hands of non-official streaming sources. You can stream Rogue One 720 HD online right now if you know where to look.

i asked my connection last night where he got it, and he said he cant mention it right now... i think MJF is on the right case. so this is a OFFICAL imagine.

Dunno if these are any better or not, but I'll leave them here...

6ebbff51cc6b79e5fc23d07922c28d03.jpg

864b15b7c65d71fe196edd101319fb12.jpg

3d499ee17a270f479246aff85b5b88ea.jpg

a8f7fcf45d463f6e5375bfecbd58ef52.jpg

0e3973faa924e7fa20652a8a97349e27.jpg

f27f0bab3432105cd2143ba5f29c3edb.jpg

On a totally unrelated note, has anyone discussed this little blaster that Cassian uses to blast Krennic?
295453b4c498548471c62fada6c59b85.jpg

10ed061f3f136c76f73818cf6ac1608f.jpg

17790820fe9f1712b412386ce7673136.jpg

I kinda like it!

The grip on this last pic almost looks like it could be an HK or a Five Seven. I'm just not sure.

EDIT: After looking at some Five-Seven images, I'm pretty convinced that's what was used as the base for this blaster. I'm gonna post this in a more appropriate thread.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back