DeAgostini 1:1 Studio Scale Millenium Falcon Support Group and Info

Unfortunately Jbot hasn't been taking orders for a LONG time. and probably won't be for a long time to come. I tried to order decals from him several years ago and got the same message about being overwhelmed. So I wouldn't put too much hope in getting decals from him.

i can not see DeAgostini not providing decals at some later date as they do on most models (almost to the end)

Last edited by a moderator:
I did my own markings but hear they are providing certain ones later in the build!!! I've found them quite helpful & they replied to any queries l had. I've stared a thread here on my personal build of it if anyone's interested (falcon 32" hunk of junk build) up for any Questions or help l can give. http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=240711

Last edited:
Yeah, but I know a few builders who are using the 5 footer for reference and want to try and make it look like that version.

Yep there are those who want to make a Falcon of their own,....a super-detailed model using references from whatever version of the filming model you can find,.....whatever source to make it look even cooler,.

....& there are others who want to continue the good work that DeAgostini are doing, they've produced a studio accurate replica (& added a cockpit & interior) of the filming model right down to the finest greeblie,.....by talking and worrying about where to get the best & most accurate decals for a Studio Scale replica that did not have any decals and making it seem that it is a 'must have' item, is being miss-informative.

I would wonder if owners of the MR Falcon would consider adding decals to their pride & joy

J

Yep there are those who want to make a Falcon of their own,....a super-detailed model using references from whatever version of the filming model you can find,.....whatever source to make it look even cooler,.

....& there are others who want to continue the good work that DeAgostini are doing, they've produced a studio accurate replica (& added a cockpit & interior) of the filming model right down to the finest greeblie,.....by talking and worrying about where to get the best & most accurate decals for a Studio Scale replica that did not have any decals and making it seem that it is a 'must have' item, is being miss-informative.

I would wonder if owners of the MR Falcon would consider adding decals to their pride & joy

J

I know there was talk awhile back about making signature decals... I don't know what happened to that discussion!

Signatures & hand drawn lines & squares on a decal sheet would be in keeping of the Studio Scale 32" look......

J

Signatures & hand drawn lines & squares on a decal sheet would be in keeping of the Studio Scale 32" look......

Exactly... and can be done with decals. Whereas all the Champion logos and the like woube much more suited for the 5' footer. Make sense now?

I have a perfect understanding at the beginning of the conversation with suggestions of using JBOT's decals which are 5 footer decals

I'm just trying to make people aware that theres no need to go crazy on an item that they feel or get the impression that is a necessity to purchase

Some guys are going crazy on this build,....(& getting fantastic results BTW)......but you know how things can go spiralling out of control

....next thing everyone will be wanting PE grilles!!!;)

J

Last edited:
I've already been working on the PE grills my friend... you can gaurentee that! :)
Hey LrdSatyr8, who are you looking at for your PE? I'm working on commissioning a set of interior main hold and hallways floors from Eliot Brown. Just wondering if our efforts are directed at the same source.

Hey LrdSatyr8, who are you looking at for your PE? I'm working on commissioning a set of interior main hold and hallways floors from Eliot Brown. Just wondering if our efforts are directed at the same source.

I was actually thinking of doing it myself. Micromark has an awesome set for PE work. Was thinking of getting it and trying my hand at doing a little bit of PE myself. It's not that difficult, but from what I understand can be time consuming. I've never done it before, but that kit looks like it provides all the tools I would need to get started. Then I could basically create any PE I needed for any model I wanted without having to depend on an external source. Because I wasn't just thinking about the engine grills, but I was also thinking of redoing the cockpit backwall and the console as well in PE (and possibly a few other odds and ends). Here's a link to their PE system. http://www.micromark.com/micro-mark-pro-etch-photo-etch-system,8346.html

Randy Cooper made PE grills for the Hasbro Falcon.I have them. I wonder if they will fit the DeAg.THey have to pretty similar in size.I guess we will have to wait until the DeAg engine exhausts show up.

I've got the PE set from FalconKits for the AMT Falcon a long time ago that I haven't touched yet. I think the Cooper grills will probably be too small but he did put a good size rim around it so it may fit with some canoodling. I dunno... guess we'll see when the time comes!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back