Darth Maul display -updated 3-14-12 new pics w/outer robe see post #121

Re: Darth Maul display -updated 5-31-09 new pics post #35

Thanks guys.
Right now all the displays are stored in a pretty small bedroom devoted solely to them. However they just don't have that museum feel because there is not enough space between displays.
I have 11 full size displays (although some are not finished enough for pics) and basically stand elbow to elbow. Sadly, until I move into a house with a larger room, that is their fate.
All of the really great display rooms that I've ever seen have big rooms and big space between objects which gives them so much gravitas.

Re: Darth Maul display -updated 6-1-09 new pics post #44

DUDE! That is sick! Seriously GINO, you have an amazing 1:1 collection. I have serious Vader/Maul envy. :eek :eek :eek

Can you post a picture of all your museum room? A pic where all the life size can be seen. That would be awesome :)

That is so Awesome! Its like hes looking at me. You have out done yourself my man.(y)thumbsup

Damn that is pretty impressive in every little detail. Excellent job on the outer structure, as well as the inner, giving it that super lifelike amazing stance.

I would love to find out more on the construction of the mannequin if you're willing to divulge? Top notch work.

Thanks guys.
When I go to take my 100% complete Vader pics (which will be very soon), I'll take some of the room all the stuff is displayed in. As I said before, the room itself in unimpressive. All the mannequins stand elbow to elbow which makes everything look too cramped.
And some in progress character displays aren't ready for public showing just yet so I'd have to block them out. :love

As far as the mannequin goes, it is a wire frame mannequin that I re-sculpted soft urethane foam onto. Because it is wire, his arms legs and hands are fully posable. I just can't twist him at the waist because of the way the wire is laid in, or turn his head because the resin bust is fixed looking straight (like a batman cowl).

WOW....love your stuff....this is really the best full sized ever!!!!

That is incredible, Gino! It looks like he could blink any second! :)

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back