Darth Maul Costume Templates/Patterns

hey guys, just saw this thread.

wow.

and good work :)

about things being "screen accurate" ... no one really knows what they have unless they saw it first hand on Ray Park's body while it was being filmed, and then took it off him, other wise you are just going on hearsay.

I was at Disney's Hollywood Studios over the weekend, and during Star Wars Weekend, in the building for the end ofthe Backlot tour (they have changing displays through out the years of different movie "props" and "costumes" )

They had on display a Darth Maul. I have pics (not too good but some) and i will say this, I have met Ray Park in person (he isnt much taller than me) and the manniequin at Disney was taller than me. but..

no one knows what they have, and as long as YOU like it, who gives a crap about other people.

Ok, here is the ROUGH draft of the inner tunic front. Obviously this is one side of the front so you will have the double the fabric and cut two. It took me forever to make sure it scanned and printed 1:1 so you will have to test out the first page because I put a 4"x4" test square. As it says on the page, it is approximately 4x4. If it is a bit shorter or longer (1/32 to 1/8), you're good. I didn't draw it EXACTLY 4x4. Once again, this is the rough draft because I need to add in some details such as the sewing detail on the collar....which I should have done before scanning everything, oh well!

I printed them by selecting "tile all pages" under the page scaling. Make sure you don't select "center and rotate" or "fit to printable area". Just try it out with "tile all pages", and it should print 1:1 with the way I set it up. Someone let me know if it works!

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=fb20fe31bfa107f25a3d773badf21430dba46e6a8b30348a5621d66e282a0ee8

Thanks,
Kody

Anyone get a chance to see if it prints ok?? I need to know so I can finish it up and get it looking good!

Thanks,
Kody

Hopefully it will be done in the next couple weeks. Real life repeatedly hit me hard over the last couple months! Stay tuned...

Hopefully it will be done in the next couple weeks. Real life repeatedly hit me hard over the last couple months! Stay tuned...

Like others - I applaud you guys for actually sharing your hard work not for profit! Keep it up and I look forward to your postings...

Kwally I couldn't agree more....I remember asking about the material used in the movie and all I ever heard was "good luck in your search". I finally said screw it and used raw silk for mine. It's been ten yrs. since the movie and I have never heard anyone announce the exact material....I guess that secret died along with maul himself.

Mostly I just read through the threads here. Read all the threads leading to this one. But I had to finally say something. All I can say is keep up the good work. Every seamstress knows there will be things they will have to adjust in a pattern to get exactly what they want. I don't think I have ever used a pattern exactly as printed. I used it as a roadmap to the destination I was heading. Any of us who plan on doing an accurate Maul greatly appreciate how much closer you have gotten us to this goal. With the traveling displays and vast media that has covered SW costumes, we get closer to replicating them. The work you have done has been a great stepping stone in the right direction. Don't let anyone bully you into thinking that what you have done here is not helpful or valuable. All costumers who strive for accuracy do tons of research and pan over thousands of pictures before we do our attempts. As to the arguement over symantics....don't worry about it. Just keep tweeking and working towards your best effort.

Last edited:
Mostly I just read through the threads here. Read all the threads leading to this one. But I had to finally say something. All I can say is keep up the good work. Every seamstress knows there will be things they will have to adjust in a pattern to get exactly what they want. I don't think I have ever used a pattern exactly as printed. I used it as a roadmap to the destination I was heading. Any of us who plan on doing an accurate Maul greatly appreciate how much closer you have gotten us to this goal. With the traveling displays and vast media that has covered SW costumes, we get closer to replicating them. The work you have done has been a great stepping stone in the right direction. Don't let anyone bully you into thinking that what you have done here is not helpful or valuable. All costumers who strive for accuracy do tons of research and pan over thousands of pictures before we do our attempts. As to the arguement over symantics....don't worry about it. Just keep tweeking and working towards your best effort.

Amen, sister....(y)cool
Rob

Saw posts on the other pattern thread.
Still seems to be a bit of interest, espescially amongst newcomers so is there anybody out there that could help achieve the goal of these two threads??

Hi, I'm Miguel from Portugal, great fan of star wars. Found this place as I was searching for info on how to make my own Darth Maul costume. I already made a Darth Vader costume, I got most info from vader maker australia, and now I'm looking forward to star making Darth Maul's costume. I noticed it's not easy to find any templates for the clothes, I hope I can find good people here that can help me out.

Kind Regards to all

Looking forward to some movement on this one. This is within my top 5 all time costumes to do and I would like ot to do it right.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back