Darkside501st's Iron Man Mk VII pepakura files - Password in First Post

Re: Darkside501st's Iron Man Mk VII pepakura files **Update Jan 3, 2013**

Hey Darkside501st, im am a new member and i would like to ask if you can share your password for the mark 7 pep files. Your work looks great, hope to hear form you. :)
fox1_killark@yahoo.com

Read the first post. You have to send him a PM to have the password.

No password will be given publicly or god kills a kitten!

ii think im about to begin buildinggg the mark 7...PS just finished the mark 6

Hey all,

Been lurking for awhile and finally decided to take the plunge on making a Mk VII using the v1 files. (Thanks to Stealth for the YouTube tutorials and confidence and Darkside501 for posting the v1 files!) Hoping I'm posting in the right place (inform me if not), but had a few questions for the veterans out there from a newb.

Here is a completed shoulder through handplate (any criticism is welcomed) in cardstock, and it seems to be coming along as expected: http://i.imgur.com/fIlZjLN.jpg (I'm going to be going the foam route.)

My question is that I'm 6'3" and more slender than the average bloke, so on my sizing attempt using card stock, I'm using a scale of 26.5, and I'm not "filling it in" properly:
http://i.imgur.com/4y9AmDz.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/x01Ztjl.jpg

My guess would be to take some of the "width" out by cutting and removing sections vertically, but I want to find out if others have run into this and what worked best for them.

Also, to make sure I have the correct scaling, is it best to assemble and attach all the arm pieces into one piece and try it on?

Thanks!

Hey darkside501st, insted of me making a helmet for myself i would like to make a helmet for my little cousin for his birthday. So can you create a mk vii helmet scale of .86, letter, and pepakura files, thanks.

...Just finished my helmet... lol

19886-welding-helmet.jpg

took a break over christmas as far as building. Can't help but brainstorm.

Anyone ever consider seeing through the faceplate like this:

Micro display on the inside:
Micro-OLED.jpg

and having a spycam like this in the groove between:
0.jpg

is it possible to connect the two to where they activate via the faceplate up/down? Be something epic to add to your helmet package Darkside

Hey darkside501st, insted of me making a helmet for myself i would like to make a helmet for my little cousin for his birthday. So can you create a mk vii helmet scale of .86, letter, and pepakura files, thanks.

I requested for a .86 helmet already, so that makes two of us. Only difference is that its for me:lol

However this made me wonder why everyone scales their helmets as .90+. Isn't a scale like that too big for the average person's head? I've got a head circumference of around 21.5 inches, and most people have a head circumference of about 22-23 inches. Yet I can fit snugly in a .86 helmet. Am I scaling it too small?

hey, so im working on the 1.0 scale helmet and it seems just a tab bit too tight. i've done the size tester helmet and everything.
How can i figure out what scale would fit me better?

My guess would be to take some of the "width" out by cutting and removing sections vertically, but I want to find out if others have run into this and what worked best for them.

Also, to make sure I have the correct scaling, is it best to assemble and attach all the arm pieces into one piece and try it on?

Thanks!

Your guess is correct. In fact, the forearms are not properly scaled. The missile pod normally goes up to the elbow so the usual way to correct this is to upscale the forearms and then remove vertical sections.

You can assemble the pieces without the supports, try them to check the scale, then add the supports before resining, resin outside (2-3 layers), cut off the supports and resin inside (resin -> resin + fiberglass -> resin).

That's the way I plan to do it but maybe others will have better tips.

By making more tester helmet and see which one fits you the best.

took a break over christmas as far as building. Can't help but brainstorm.

Anyone ever consider seeing through the faceplate like this:

Micro display on the inside:
and having a spycam like this in the groove between:

is it possible to connect the two to where they activate via the faceplate up/down? Be something epic to add to your helmet package Darkside

It wouldn't really matter but you could probably turn them off when the faceplate was open to conserve power.

I haven't seen that kind of display before... although is it meant to be in such close proximity to the eye? I have seen people using those video glasses and hacking them. That is basically the same thing but it is meant to be close to the eye. I think they use mirrors in the glasses to give the screen the proper distance for the eyes to focus on it.

I requested for a .86 helmet already, so that makes two of us. Only difference is that its for me:lol

However this made me wonder why everyone scales their helmets as .90+. Isn't a scale like that too big for the average person's head? I've got a head circumference of around 21.5 inches, and most people have a head circumference of about 22-23 inches. Yet I can fit snugly in a .86 helmet. Am I scaling it too small?

I will get it uploaded as soon as I can. I have just been really busy.

hey, so im working on the 1.0 scale helmet and it seems just a tab bit too tight. i've done the size tester helmet and everything.

As DevilFlash said, you should make another tester helmet in a couple different scales and see which scale fits you best.

Don't forget though that the back of the 'real' helmet is meant to be removable (kept in place with magnets) in order to slip in the helmet.

If you can slip you head in the real helmet without problem, the helmet's too big.

Hello RPF. Just discovered the foam forums! First time posting :) Last year I began a halo pep project with the intention of fiberglassing and all that. I got half way through the helm and couldn't bring my self to glue any more of those tabs...

I get online last night and I find this fantastic forum . As soon as I have the funds my build will start. Ive downloaded the Mark VII Foam Templates from Darkside501st's post and just wanted to ask a few questions about them before getting started.

I notice the patterns still have numbers and tabs and them, and they seem very detailed compared to other foam files Ive looked at. Did I grab the wrong ones, or do I not need to worry about the small tab and fold details?

***EDIT***

I was having an issue with the files....but I figured it out :facepalm

I'm working on the Chest piece at the moment and I must say that this peice is a thing of beauty....cant wait to post a pic :)

Last edited:

and is it the same Boot for both feet? sorry guys first time making a full armor!

i modified it little bit now it should fit with neck that i'm building right now :D

Do you know how to scale the boots?

You take those two parts:

You measure your shoes and use the "Measure distance between two points" tool to adjust the pep file so the two parts are a little bigger than your shoes.

The boot is symmetrical so yes, you do the same boot twice.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back