Darkside501st's Iron Man Mk VII pepakura files - Password in First Post

Re: Re: Darkside501st's Iron Man Mk VII pepakura files **Update Jan 3, 2013**

in your guys' opinion which helmet version looks better? the tradition pep or foam?

Pep is more detailed but harder to do. Foam is easier but you won't get some detail like the grooves. It's really up to you but I like the pep ones because I like detail.

Sent from Andriod

Re: Darkside501st's Iron Man Mk VII pepakura files **Update Jan 3, 2013**

I would go with a different unit. Look for a Li-ion battery for a CCTV unit.

Thanks, it's a great idea, they are smaller, better and cheaper :O Where would you buy them? In my country they aren't available, but I've found some on Ebay and DX.com too.

Thanks, it's a great idea, they are smaller, better and cheaper :O Where would you buy them? In my country they aren't available, but I've found some on Ebay and DX.com too.

Yeah, you can get them off ebay. I have done so before.

it's far to complete T_T

Nice!

Yeah, you can get them off ebay. I have done so before.

I've made some research of these cheap Ebay Li-ion batteries, and mos feedbacks said they are fake. You buy a 9800 mAh one for 44$ and you get only a 1000 mAh battery.

I've made some research of these cheap Ebay Li-ion batteries, and mos feedbacks said they are fake. You buy a 9800 mAh one for 44$ and you get only a 1000 mAh battery.

I would be weary of getting one that claimed that much mAh... but I have taken apart the ones that I have ordered and looked at the guts and while these things are probably assembled is a sweat shop judging by the soldering skills... the battery packs are legit, at least for the ones that I have ordered.

I would be weary of getting one that claimed that much mAh... but I have taken apart the ones that I have ordered and looked at the guts and while these things are probably assembled is a sweat shop judging by the soldering skills... the battery packs are legit, at least for the ones that I have ordered.

Can you give me a link of a good battery? I couldn't find any.

Can you give me a link of a good battery? I couldn't find any.

What exactly are you going to be powering with it? Have you checked to see what the amp draw is on the various components you want to power? You need to first make sure that the battery will be able to put out enough amps to power everything at the same time and then we need to see how long the battery will last with the total amp draw per hour. Let me know.

What exactly are you going to be powering with it? Have you checked to see what the amp draw is on the various components you want to power? You need to first make sure that the battery will be able to put out enough amps to power everything at the same time and then we need to see how long the battery will last with the total amp draw per hour. Let me know.

I'll put about 50 LEDs, 6 stronger servos and 6 weaker servos in the suit. I'll also have a sound system, with a TDA2030A amplifier, two 15W speakers and a SD card voice module. The faceplate's servos will work separately, from an individual battery. I think that the sound system must use a third battery, because it needs more amps to be powered. What do you think about it?

I'll put about 50 LEDs, 6 stronger servos and 6 weaker servos in the suit. I'll also have a sound system, with a TDA2030A amplifier, two 15W speakers and a SD card voice module. The faceplate's servos will work separately, from an individual battery. I think that the sound system must use a third battery, because it needs more amps to be powered. What do you think about it?

You need to figure out how many amps each component will use. For example, most LEDs are the same and I am guessing that you will be using pure white for the color so they use about 20mA per LED unless you are using the trichip 5050 LEDs which use about 60mA so you are looking at 1 Amp just for 50 regular LEDs and 3 Amps if you are using the 5050s. Take a look at the other components and at the datasheets/manuals to figure out how many amps of power they use.

It sounds like you will be using a lot of power and you may have to wire up a couple of these types of batteries in parallel. Also, certain spikes in the power consumption can cause problems with audio equipment being powered by the same source. So you may find out that you will have to wire the sound on a separate system.

How are you! im new to this pepakura art im trying to make your ironman armor can i get the pass word from you? THANKS and keep up the Great work!:thumbsup

Re: Re: Darkside501st's Iron Man Mk VII pepakura files **Update Jan 3, 2013**

How are you! im new to this pepakura art im trying to make your ironman armor can i get the pass word from you? THANKS and keep up the Great work!:thumbsup

PM him requesting the password.

Sent from Andriod

Read the first post. Every information is in that post...

hey guys, when you construct the paper model and resin it and everything. how do you guys go about getting your head in?
Ive seen different ways. But what do you guys think is the best way?

hey guys, when you construct the paper model and resin it and everything. how do you guys go about getting your head in?
Ive seen different ways. But what do you guys think is the best way?

I think the best way is to cut the bottom back half off (like ProjectEarth's build). Even in the actual movie props, that's how they do it.

You need to figure out how many amps each component will use. For example, most LEDs are the same and I am guessing that you will be using pure white for the color so they use about 20mA per LED unless you are using the trichip 5050 LEDs which use about 60mA so you are looking at 1 Amp just for 50 regular LEDs and 3 Amps if you are using the 5050s. Take a look at the other components and at the datasheets/manuals to figure out how many amps of power they use.

It sounds like you will be using a lot of power and you may have to wire up a couple of these types of batteries in parallel. Also, certain spikes in the power consumption can cause problems with audio equipment being powered by the same source. So you may find out that you will have to wire the sound on a separate system.

I've made some research, and now I think that I'll need a separate 9800 mAh battery for the amplifier (enough for 3 hours of work),and 2 9800 mAh battery for other parts (LEDs, servos). Can you show me a good battery (that has the advertised currency, and not lower)?

First, thank you darkside and everyone else who has helped with this project.

This is my first time doing a pepakura and I have a quick question.
I know what the dashed and the dot-dash line mean, but how should the thick blue lines be folded?

I've made some research, and now I think that I'll need a separate 9800 mAh battery for the amplifier (enough for 3 hours of work),and 2 9800 mAh battery for other parts (LEDs, servos). Can you show me a good battery (that has the advertised currency, and not lower)?

At what voltage do these parts work off of?

Hey Darkside501st, im am a new member and i would like to ask if you can share your password for the mark 7 pep files. Your work looks great, hope to hear form you. :)
fox1_killark@yahoo.com

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back