D.C.'s The Flash (tv series)

Eddie's body got sucked into that vortex so I'm sure we will see him return as the Reverse Flash from an alternate timeline or something. I like the reference to Rip Hunter to connect Legends of Tomorrow

Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey...The Paradoxes sort themselves out. Thank you Dr. Who for a good Patent Explanation for this sort of thing.
As for Eobard fearing Jay Garrick arriving...2 on one baby, 2 on one.

Eddie's body got sucked into that vortex so I'm sure we will see him return as the Reverse Flash from an alternate timeline or something. I like the reference to Rip Hunter to connect Legends of Tomorrow

Well that and the cameo by Hawkgirl at the end... (she was the girl they did a closeup on after they did the closeup on Snart)

tumblr_nodlq7RqH81rni9oto1_250.gif

Could we be getting Cobolt Blue, since Thawne went through the singularity with Eobards titanium/cobolt resin? ;)

Personally I think it's not a black hole but it's a time paradox repairing itself. I wouldn't doubt that everything resets and now Barry doesn't have powers due to the fact that Eddie has killed himself. So now that means that Eobard never existed, his mother never died, the lab exposion never took place and Barry never got his powers. I think one of my favorite lines was Cisco's quote from Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. "Goodbye and Thanks for all the Fish!"

So, my thoughts:

1. Loved the finale, although Barry's agonizing over whether to go back dragged on a bit. Eddie's death was solid, and made sense, because the character had basically outlived his usefulness.

2. Re: the timeline differences. Meta humans could develop through any number of other ways. Like, in their comic book counterparts with freak accidents, mystical objects, and alien tech. The particle accelerator doesn't necessarily have to exist for any of those kinds of things to happen. That said, time travel (which plays a big part in the Flash comics) is...complicated and never really is dealt with effectively. Doesn't matter much, though. I think next season will be fun.

3. I suspect that the appearance of Jay's helmet could herald the "Flash of Two Worlds" storyline, which introduced the multiverse. The show runners have said they'll be using the multiverse this year, which I think opens up a ton of possibilities for where characters can go. And it's entirely possible that Barry will have a "Quantum Leap" style season (or part of season) as he fixes something then tries to get "home" to "his" timeline, similar to what Wells did.

Just because Thawne doesn't exist anymore doesn't mean Wells still doesn't make the particle accelerator. He was working on STAR labs before he was overtaken, so it's very much still in play. Thawne just accelerated (talk about a multi-use pun) the process with his advanced knowledge.

Just because Thawne doesn't exist anymore doesn't mean Wells still doesn't make the particle accelerator. He was working on STAR labs before he was overtaken, so it's very much still in play. Thawne just accelerated (talk about a multi-use pun) the process with his advanced knowledge.

I thought he gave that as part of the reason for overtaking wells. Star labs was important to barry becoming the flash but he didn't want to wait on wells to get it there, he wanted to speed things up to get home faster.

This is true, however, it's quite possible that he may not create the same "accident" that caused the explosion and the only one who will remember the whole thing will be Cisco! :)

Barry's mom would still be dead, because she died 15 years ago. Eddie's suicide is a PRESENT event. Present events can't affect past events, only future.

Except that from the timeline of the Thawne family, Barry's mom dying is in the future. No Eddie means no Eobard, so if Eobard never existed who killed Barry's mom?

Wibbly wobbly, timey wimey.

But Eddie existed when Barry was 10 (or how ever old he was when his mom was killed) so that for all intents and purposes Eobard still would exist in the future. Now, if Eddie had somehow been killed BEFORE Barry's mom was murdered then she would still be alive.

Present events can't affect past events UNLESS you actually GO into the past. Then, the past becomes the present and anything you do in the present affects the future.

It makes sense in my head anyway. =)

What does Eddie being alive in 2000 have to do with anything? He died childless, which erased Eobard from existence. Eddie being alive 15 years before he died doesn't make him a father after he dies.

Let me try to break this down.

Eddie dies and Eobard is erased from existence. So what would happen if our current Flash decided after all this has happened to go back in time to the previous day. Eobard/Wells would still be there, wouldn't he? Eddie is still alive because he has no reason YET to kill himself because Barry hasn't gone back yet.

Eobard is basically an anomoly which eventually rights itself once Eddie kills himself.

I see where you're coming from better now, that helps. We're arguing different facets of the same paradox; you're saying that the timeline stabilizes itself, and I'm arguing the paradox that is being ignored by the timeline stabilizing somehow.

Technically if they were doing it right, the second Eddie died, the universe would have changed drastically and none of them would be there. They'd all be at home or wherever else and might not even know each other. And Barry wouldn't be the Flash.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back