Could Disney finally give us the remastered, unedited Star Wars we want?

Re: Rumored unaltered Star Wars on Blu-ray

This would be great ... until then Harmy 2.5 is my gold standard. I watch it over and over washing out all memory of SE.

Disney really can't miss this opportunity

I'd love to have the original versions of the films,....to me they don't need any SE treatment
I doubt they will miss it. Disney loves re-releasing numerous versions of all their classics. Special/Limited/Platinum/Diamond and I'm pretty sure I missed a few other editions. Disney aims to please Star Wars fans or at least try to.

If this news is true, I wonder what kind of a deal Disney made with Fox in order for this to happen. Empire, Jedi and the prequels are going to be owned by Disney soon, but the original Star Wars is still Fox's. Wonder how much Fox would want for Disney to own the the first film.

Aaaand the unaltered versions will be declared official canon?! Pleaseohpleaseohplease! Hey, I can dream!

Can't wait for this to happen. I'll be the first one in line to get my copies.

Hopefully they do a 4K master and correct the colour timing on the previous BR releases (correct the blue shift and fix the crushed blacks).

I'm guessing if they are going back to the original negatives that the blue color shift wont happen in the first place,so there will be nothing to correct.

Ben

So... when will Disney release the two Ewok movies and the Holiday Special to Blu-Ray?

Here's an excellent article on the state of the original footage of Star Wars and what it takes to save it. I certainly hope the rumors of a Disney release is true, it's not an easy task, though.

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2014...us-the-remastered-unedited-star-wars-we-want/

That is a great article. So great, it has its own thread.

http://www.therpf.com/f47/could-dis...rs-we-want-213335/?highlight=disney+unaltered

Merge?

If this news is true, I wonder what kind of a deal Disney made with Fox in order for this to happen. Empire, Jedi and the prequels are going to be owned by Disney soon, but the original Star Wars is still Fox's. Wonder how much Fox would want for Disney to own the the first film.
Fox owns distribution rights on all three of the original films, but they don't own any of the movies outright; Lucasfilm does, and by extension, that's Disney. And I'm sure the two companies can reach a deal if they like; they recently did so for another film that has yet to be released (the title escapes me at the moment). Fox can't release the films without the go-ahead from Disney/Lucasfilm, and Disney needs Fox to participate as well. Win-win for both companies.

Qapla'

SSB

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back