Constantine: Holy Shotgun Shells, WIP

Re: Lemarchand's first propproject for 2012, can you guess what it is?

You should take on the gun itself after you do the bullets, I've yet to see one make on here.

Wow, quite the response :)

The first guesses were correct. These are for the holy shotgun shells from "Constantine". Will need to have some stuff lathed for them and practice applying the etchresist laminate as it is faaaaar more challenging to get it on round objects than flat objects like the lighter pieces.

I finished the graphics in my last run of nightshifts, so i might do some test etching in the coming weeks when i have more time and my finger hurts less.

secretproject2012-2.jpg

Use a spray-on etch resist and engrave through it to the brass using a laser engraver with a rotary attachment. Then do your acid etch.

Just got done doing some pieces this way for an upcoming film. :love

If the foil turns out to be too difficult, i'll probably just have them cnc engraved by my machinist. Downside is that it is really expensive to have it done.

Are the shells a found item? I have no clue if it is or isn't.

yes, brass 12 gauge CBC shells, same as the ones in the movie. Pretty difficult to find on this side of the water

I just never hear of brass 12 gauge shells. I always picture them as a plastic.

You should take on the gun itself after you do the bullets, I've yet to see one make on here.

although i probably can't resist and do it at some stage (all brass if possible) the amount of time and money involved will be insane.

Did some testing on getting the photoresist film on the shell and developing it. I think this will work. It takes way more time than doing this on a flat surface, but the endresult is what counts. exposure was done by rolling the bullet on the UV light flat bad for slightly longer than usual. I will strip the foil and redo it as i didn't aligne top and bottom right and graphics need a slight tweak. When redone, the rest can masked with tape and nailpolish and a test-etch will be done.

constantineshell-testlaminate.jpg

I just never hear of brass 12 gauge shells. I always picture them as a plastic.

They're more common than most folks realize, even gun folks. They use them a lot in cowboy action shooting, as that was their origins. The shells used on VERA's stock are full brass 12 guage, which is an interesting carry over from it's use in Showtime, where the blanks used were full brass.

I have a few boxes of them, they're very cool IMHO. :cool

Back on topic, DAMN, that looks really cool. I'll have to throw the film in, but didn't they have some that showed the tip, and the slug was made of silver?

They are a B$#CH to properly etch, but making nice progress on the set of 14 i am doing.

drew up patterns for the slug and primer, which i need to have lathed.

405461_10150647593426101_623416100_11291706_1323526592_n.jpg

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back