concerning Steve Neisen aka SWProp Builder

You know Oldken.........I said what I wanted to say about communication between people and how it will solve many problems.

You are way off base with your commentary. Out for blood? I dont think so. And I don't think SWP thinks BD is out for blood. But thanks for making it clear.

We all need to put oursleves in other people's shoes. The person waiting for the product...the person delivering the product.

Just relax. No one is out for blood. No one is saying ship a box and to hell with a sick member of the family. So why you are making those assumptions.....well its beyond me.

This thread is done. No more needs to be said. When BD gets the probot (the SMT one...not the studio scale...no its not "that" HUGE) he will post and that will be that.

I have known Steve since he was running around Starship Trooper filming locations looking for stuff. He was a nice guy then and a nice guy now. Just sucks at communication :) (sarcasm inserted).

Steve

You really are confused

After 3 years he told me the following:

Sorry for the super long wait but itÂ’s finally complete. I have some final dirtying down and have to drybrush some detail but other than that its ready to ship on Monday. No luck hearing back from Colin about the base. IÂ’ve attached some photos for you. I will have it packed by the UPS store under my supervision I can not guarantee the legs will make the transit but IÂ’ll have it packed professionally. If they pop off all they will need is a bit of glue to tack them back into place. Some are moveable some are not.
As far as the trade goes My dreams of a real blaster died a year ago so consider your patient wait payment enough.
Once again I am sorry this project took so long. I hope you like it. Please email me your address and IÂ’ll get it in the mail.

And this was the SECOND time he promised to ship it.

This was followed by a long wait, a public thread and a 3rd PROMISE to ship it in which he never did.

I have no idea of where you get the nerve to try and spin this to make me look bad but I can guarantee that if you continue the lynching may start to roll in your direction.

You comments are foolish and have no basis in fact.

Steve never told me it took SMT 4 months to ship my PD

He also never let me know he was going to be deployed and I don't think he has said anything about a "sick wife" or "family matters"

And to sum things up.

This thread is not about how long it took Steve to finish the model.

It's about the 3 separate times he has told me he would ship my model and then didn't, after which he would ignore me until I got so fed up that I posted another thread outing him.

<div class='quotetop'>(Boba Debt @ Sep 4 2006, 08:11 PM) [snapback]1312971[/snapback]</div>
Now, if you had read this entire thread I would not have had to explain it to you and you would not have to pull your foot out of your mouth to apologize to me.
[/b]

:lol Damn David. :lol

Old Ken do yourself a favor and quit while you are ahead. :lol

wtf?

ok, sorry for the out for blood comment... but the name of this thread alone, is harsher than anything ive said.

DO NOT TRUST Steve Neisen aka SWPropbuilder.

on the RPF...

just sayin, i think that it will damage his rep, and it coulda been avoided, his name is getting run through the mud, and like i said, its not like he pulled a jeff parks... if he is telling the truth, i PERSONALLY feel that he doesnt diserve this public display.

if hes lying and making excuses thats TOTTALLY DIFFERENT...

im just sayin damn... its a bit harsh, he didnt change his phone/address or Email oir even dissapear off of the RPF, so as long as BD hadnt sent him one thing and was waiting for his half to return, i just feel its a little extreme, i dont know the guy in question, so he may be a real POS, all i can go off is what is laid out, it just seems harsh.

this is why i didnt want to comment in the first place, so again, i apologise for even being part of this thread.

there is obviously a right and wrong side here, and no grey area...

have a good un. B)

<div class='quotetop'></div>
give the guy a minute, just because there has been a noticeable pattern with bad transactions, doesnt meant that the man hasnt fell on hard times...[/b]

I believe that is trend 2b. And you are following trend 4. But you followed this same trend almost a year ago when you defended bowjunkie (http://www.therpf.com/index.php?showtopic=96604&st=20#).

To belittle it because it's a luxury purchase is an interesting tact to take. This whole board is about luxury purchases. And perhaps Boba Debt's item was a trade -- there have been plenty of posts in here that were not trades.

But perhaps you're right. I'm sure no one else here has had to put aside their home problems to go to work to earn the money to pay for their luxury purchases.

<div class='quotetop'>(oldken @ Sep 4 2006, 08:45 PM) [snapback]1312990[/snapback]</div>
i apologise for even being part of this thread.
[/b]

The smartest thing you have said on this thread. :thumbsup

<div class='quotetop'>(Boba Debt @ Sep 4 2006, 08:39 PM) [snapback]1312985[/snapback]</div>
You really are confused

After 3 years he told me the following:

Sorry for the super long wait but itÂ’s finally complete. I have some final dirtying down and have to drybrush some detail but other than that its ready to ship on Monday. No luck hearing back from Colin about the base. IÂ’ve attached some photos for you. I will have it packed by the UPS store under my supervision I can not guarantee the legs will make the transit but IÂ’ll have it packed professionally. If they pop off all they will need is a bit of glue to tack them back into place. Some are moveable some are not.
As far as the trade goes My dreams of a real blaster died a year ago so consider your patient wait payment enough.
Once again I am sorry this project took so long. I hope you like it. Please email me your address and IÂ’ll get it in the mail.

And this was the SECOND time he promised to ship it.

This was followed by a long wait, a public thread and a 3rd PROMISE to ship it in which he never did.

I have no idea of where you get the nerve to try and spin this to make me look bad but I can guarantee that if you continue the lynching may start to roll in your direction.

You comments are foolish and have no basis in fact.

Steve never told me it took SMT 4 months to ship my PD

He also never let me know he was going to be deployed and I don't think he has said anything about a "sick wife" or "family matters"

And to sum things up.

This thread is not about how long it took Steve to finish the model.

It's about the 3 separate times he has told me he would ship my model and then didn't, after which he would ignore me until I got so fed up that I posted another thread outing him.
[/b]

now im gettign threatened?

damn, lynch me then, i dont give a flying @#$%.

i really just dont like seeing people get there names and buisnesses ruined if irt can be avoided, i woulda stuck up for you if it were the other way around BD...

i understand and you are right to be peeved after such a long wait.

but is it deserving of all the damage that it causes him?

thats up to you, once again really sorry for stickin my nose where it doesnt belong.

i also said that i had respect for you... so you could at least cut the omnipotent talk.

sorry again, and again hope you 2 can get it figured out.

i think that i did get this mixed up with another thread, in which the makers wife was ailing, that is a BIG slip up.... :confused

so UBER sorry for that.

but still am a bit unsure if this couldnt have been handled a bit differently, but it IS NONE OF MY BUISNESS.

MAY GOD BLESS US EVERYONE.

and may the force be with us all... always.

<div class='quotetop'>(oldken @ Sep 4 2006, 08:54 PM) [snapback]1312996[/snapback]</div>
i think that i did get this mixed up with another thread, in which the makers wife was ailing, that is a BIG slip up....
[/b]

:lol I have always wondered how people can talk with both feet in their mouth. :lol

Oldken, we get it, we know you think David could have handled this better and as you have stated it is none of your business but hey everybody is entitled to their opinions right?

<div class='quotetop'>(apollo @ Sep 4 2006, 09:07 PM) [snapback]1313003[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(oldken @ Sep 4 2006, 08:54 PM) [snapback]1312996[/snapback]
i think that i did get this mixed up with another thread, in which the makers wife was ailing, that is a BIG slip up....
[/b]

:lol I have always wondered how people can talk with both feet in their mouth. :lol

[/b][/quote]
Mmmmmf mmf mf fmmmmfm. :p

<div class='quotetop'>(juno @ Sep 4 2006, 08:58 PM) [snapback]1312999[/snapback]</div>
:rolleyes
[/b]

dont tell me that you detected any cheese... :rolleyes

and yeah... mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmfffffff mmmmmfff... plop...

this place should be alot more civil amongst members, and when there is a real prob, it should be handled by the mods, and people who are con-men should be removed.

why the bashing etc.?

i just dont get it.

seriously though... cant we all just get along?

and steve, man get that thing to him asap, or your not going to have to ever worry about doing any kind of work like this again. :(

that is whats sad, sorry i guess im a sucker for the little guy. :(

and without further ado, i have a thing called a life, and there is football beer and women involved in it.

so why im here only damaging my self... is beyond me.

sersiously though bobadebt, i woulda came to your side if i read a thread that said do not trust bobadebt.

i hope that means something, im not just sayin that, i dont know steve from adam, i just know that this is probably going to hurt him... maybe more than needed.

and in all seriousness, i believe this will be worked out, maybe only because of this thread, but i guess id just like to believe that it wasnt nescessary... seriously was an innocent mistake with the 2 threads, im kinda hung over and have alot of probs of my own right at the second...

hope you get the fact that my intentions were to try and keep things civil if possible.

peace.

I now know you meant good Bro, but again, Steve has been down this road before.

STEVE has ruined his rep not David.

I can also assure you that you will NEVER have to defend Bobadebt as he is one of the few Sellers here whos rep is impeccable.

OldKen, you have the best of intentions in "trying" to keep things "civil", but really, there are times when civility is not called for. I also do not know SWPropbuilder, but would I buy from him with all the numerous complaints in this thread alone? No, more than likely I would not. Now this does NOT make him a bad person, but it does make him a bad businessman. One has NOTHING to do with the other.

Let me give you an example of things I know. I have a routine when I tattoo people and it goes as follows; Here is the tat, make sure it is okay. Put the money down on the table, I will lay the stencil and we will get started. It is a routine that I use with EVERYONE. Friends are not friends when they sit down in my chair. They are customers, and deserve to be treated as such. I don't treat my customers poorly because it may ruin my name.

Now, BobaDebt feels that SWPropbuilder has treated him poorly, so he told us how HE feels. Sure, others may have joined the dogpile, but have you considered that there is a reason? Yes, BD became a customer when payment was agreed upon. Payment is not always cash. Barter counts as payment as well, and this was a barter case. Should we blame BD for posting this thread and potentially harming SWPB's reputation OR should we blame the lack of drive in completing projects on SWPB's part? That is what has harmed his reputation here.

Oh, and regarding the OTHER thread you were talking about, I will reiterate what all the others have noticed; if you have time to argue over pictures while your wife is in the hospital, surely you have time to send out a box you already have packed and have been paid for.

Great points Qui-Gonzalez.

With this and Gunduum's thread it feels like the Ghosts of Christmas Pasts are visiting early, ie Wolfmorgan, EDC Studios.

Looks like I am going to be sleeping with the lights on and the covers pulled up tonight. shudder :D

I just can't shut up any longer.

Hey Old Ken... I was someone who PAID for an item back in 2003. I got the same promises and delays ad infinitum and if you want to search my username to see the threads I started, and everyone who jumped in defending the delays and made it seem I was out of line for expecting my items that I had paid for because of "real life", I can tell you until you decide to fork over $800 for something to be told it would be done within a few months, and that turns into 3 years, deployments and other family matters notwithstanding, I think you'd probably feel you had no other course of action either. In fact, the only way I GOT communication was posting public threads here since PMs were rarely returned until I opened my mouth publically.

I finally got my item several months back, and after the wait and some problems with some of the parts, I did get all my stuff, but come on... three years? For someone working out of a state of the art garage studio with all kinds of fancy mold pressurizers etc.?

So from someone who DID pay money, who went through the same runaround and bad communication for too long, whatever the trade deal was between SWP and BD, the bottom line is promises to ship were never kept and it took BD posting here to finally get some attention since he was being ignored or blown off, whatever the case was.

I had a side trade also going another item with SWP and held off the remainder of my trade because I was promised some bases to make up for the delay of my original paid shipment. Well the bases were never shipped and I gave up trying to get any attention and held off sending my final part of the trade specifically BECAUSE I am sorry to say, I did not trust getting the bases if I sent the remaining part of my trade. I have since moved on and found another source for the bases for my studio scale stuff, and SWP has two of the three items I promised from the trade. I figured an effort would be made to show that other stuff promised me would be shipped to make up for the other delays and promises that things would change. I didn't see any so that's the end of it.

I think anyone who has seen Steve's stuff, when there are not problems with parts, is very satisfied with the end result and no one is claiming he is not a very talented artisan, as I have posted endlessly. But it sure sours the joy and appreciation when you feel that you will be gotten to when someone is good and ready, even when you have paid for something, and that is inexcusable, especially where there is NO communication and endless delays.

As I have shared with a few other members here privately and will now share publically, when I had a serious personal crisis in my "real life" in late 2004, I could not just toss aside all the people who were depending on me with deadlines and who were paying me to get work done for them in my business here in L.A., I had to focus hard past what was going on, deliver, and deal with the crisis in my personal time. It was not a light "crisis" either, it was like a nervous breakdown crisis related to my marriage and I won't go into any of the ugly details here. The bottom line is that we all make allowances, as my own employers did, to allow one to get through their crises however WE have to remain professional and see the job through within the time frame we tell people and NOT let people down or justify our behavior when we finally DO deliver and shirk it off with the attitude "well they finally got what they ordered/paid for, why are they complaining?" And we are expected to COMMUNICATE.

It's a shame because all of this probably would never have happened if there had not been an endless cycle of the same pattern repeating itself over and over and over and over again. When someone says they know they have a problem, and promise to change it, but it keeps happening, how many chances do you give until you start to feel your own good nature is being taken advantage of?

I feel bad Steve has to deal with this publically but it's not like it's the first time, hopefully it will help him deal with whatever things he has to in his shop beyond his deals with MR to deal with his private customers who also deserve the same respect with communication and promises kept instead of delays and excuses.

<div class='quotetop'>(oldken @ Sep 5 2006, 12:45 AM) [snapback]1312990[/snapback]</div>
wtf?

ok, sorry for the out for blood comment... but the name of this thread alone, is harsher than anything ive said.

DO NOT TRUST Steve Neisen aka SWPropbuilder.

on the RPF...

just sayin, i think that it will damage his rep, and it coulda been avoided, his name is getting run through the mud, and like i said, its not like he pulled a jeff parks... if he is telling the truth, i PERSONALLY feel that he doesnt diserve this public display.

if hes lying and making excuses thats TOTTALLY DIFFERENT...

im just sayin damn... its a bit harsh, he didnt change his phone/address or Email oir even dissapear off of the RPF, so as long as BD hadnt sent him one thing and was waiting for his half to return, i just feel its a little extreme, i dont know the guy in question, so he may be a real POS, all i can go off is what is laid out, it just seems harsh.

this is why i didnt want to comment in the first place, so again, i apologise for even being part of this thread.

there is obviously a right and wrong side here, and no grey area...

have a good un. B)
[/b]

Steve,

Dude, you lied. LIED. LIED.

Face it man. You've owned up to the rest of it. That you screwed up. That it's your fault, but don't try and say you didn't lie.

Your apology would have been better if you'd just said you were sorry. Nothing more.

Deployed 14 months and 4 months to get the model. What about the other year and a half?

BTW, I think BD is an annoying PITA and that jarhead is screwed on so tight that he'll pop a seal one day but still, you deserve the public berrating.

Folks, raise your hand if you're a mind reader. As much as our siginificant others might expect us to be, not one of us is. That's the only way any of us would know if he was lying when he made his shipping promises. A lie is saying one thing and intending another. You cannot prove his intent.

What has been shown is a pattern of unreliability. That is the issue here. Using the word lie (much less "sack of @#$%.") is, to understate it, namecalling.

"There are times when civility is inappropriate".

Nope. Not here, anyway. Civility is part of the CoC. Steve can be taken to task for his crimes without folks being uncivil.

I just want to chime in and say i dont really know steve other than a few pm's and email on here. I rec'd my SS Probe Droid from him though. He told me he would ship on a given day and that day came and went with no shipping, but i didnt know that. A day or so after it was supposed to be shipped i get an email saying, your item has shipped, i sent it overnight so you would get it when i promised it. And i got it the next day. The day it was supposed to arrive in the first place. I had paid 25 for shipping, the label indicated steve paid something like 42 to get it off to me overnight with saturday delivery from USPS. Now i am still waiting for a few replacement parts on it which i havent arrived yet but since steve did me right in the past i am not going to worry about them. I dont mean to weigh in on any other situations here but mine and my experience with steve. He may be anything that has been mention so far, but he did right by me for me in my case so he isnt totally bad.

Steve, just buckle down and get er done.

thanks
dan

Juno hit the nail on the head. Thanks. kept me from having to reiterate what have have posted sadly so many times.

PEOPLE NEED TO SPEAK UP SOONER. It's ben statistically proven here that odds are you ain't alone on waitng for product. if nothing else, make an earlier inquiry to see whio else is the boat with you before it turns into a foundering ship in danger of sinking.

Steve, this is an outing thread. I can assure you there has been no talk of banning you among RPF staff even from the JY. This thread serves as a wake up call.

A seller/dealer controls the transaction, He has control of the money,control of communication, control of the product quality and control of the timetable.

The buyer only has control of his patience. It is steeped in trust. Every customer has different limits for trust/tolerance and will express his frustration in different manners.

How that frustration is going to be expressed is one factor the Seller ultimately CANNOT control.

Playing with things one has no control over is known as gambling and sooner or later luck fails. Nobody lost patience last month or last week, but now the day has arrived.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back