Clarkson fired, Top Gear taken off schedules

Re: Clarkson suspended, Top Gear taken off schedules

They licence Top Gear to other markets with expectation of minimums ratings share. They don't meet those expectation, they owe money back. Plus the markets they license it to may now have no interest in renewing that license.
Ah got you right then that all makes sense. So will the licence fee go up following this incident? It didn't go down when it was being licensed out and doing well now did it? :facepalm

How can they lose revenue when they are funded by the TV licence? They may lose viewers but the money come rolling regardless. It's the law. But don't get me started on that one.
Because of merchandising , who gets the money from the DVD's , t shirts , books , games, live show's etc, from selling the format to other counties (for a bucket load of money)I
Jeremy was just an employee of the BBC,hired talent , He didn't own the show he was a contract player (on a very good contract to be sure)
Its the same as the ABC in Australia the sell their shows to overseas channels , merchandise and still whine that they that they need bucket loads of my tax dollars to produe their left wing crap.

Because of merchandising , who gets the money from the DVD's , t shirts , books , games, live show's etc, from selling the format to other counties (for a bucket load of money)I
Jeremy was just an employee of the BBC,hired talent , He didn't own the show he was a contract player (on a very good contract to be sure)
Its the same as the ABC in Australia the sell their shows to overseas channels , merchandise and still whine that they that they need bucket loads of my tax dollars to produe their left wing crap.
Lol just what I was saying above. I'm with you on this mate.

Hammond has other things going. He'll probably leave, too. That dynamic -- of the revamped show and of the three presenters -- was lightning in a bottle. None of the other countries' Top Gears have had the same "grab". Even when they go to countries that have their own Top Gear, it's those three who get mobbed.

I think they should go to another network and keep right on doing this show.

"ITC presents Not Top Gear."

Clarkson: "We wanted to reverse the name of our own tame racing driver from what it was on a show that we used to do, but the first time I called him 'Gits' he punched me and split my lip..."

And like that. *chuckle*

--Jonah

I Think it's a stunt to line up Jeremy to Play Blofelt in the Bond film after Spectre. "You didn't bring me my steak and chips...you know the price for failure in this organization."

Hammond has other things going. He'll probably leave, too. That dynamic -- of the revamped show and of the three presenters -- was lightning in a bottle. None of the other countries' Top Gears have had the same "grab". Even when they go to countries that have their own Top Gear, it's those three who get mobbed.

I think they should go to another network and keep right on doing this show.

"ITC presents Not Top Gear."

Clarkson: "We wanted to reverse the name of our own tame racing driver from what it was on a show that we used to do, but the first time I called him 'Gits' he punched me and split my lip..."

And like that. *chuckle*

--Jonah

I'm sure other networks will be lined a mile long to snag these 3 fellas away from the BBC. The best thing of all is that Hammond and May's contracts expire in 5 days so at that point they're all "free agents" and can go anywhere they want. I've certainly got my fingers crossed that we haven't seen the last of them together.

They shall be doing it without millions of fans, I'm sure.

I hope they all take a break for now and work on something else, if they haven't planned that out already. JC needs a change of pace and habit. He looks really tired and haggard, about a decade older than his actual fifty four. All the booze ,heavy eatting and particularly the smoking on top of the normal health issues of getting older plus the loss of his mother, his marriage hitting the rocks, and the constant media exposure make me wonder if he'll make it to christmas without having a heart attack. Loosing the presenters spot on TG will be as huge a blow to him and his mates as it is to the lot of us. That bloody steak and chips cost him dearly !!!
Perhaps we will get another set of presenters where TG will work. When Angus parted company with " Have I got News for You" there was the same media melt down but it actually survived and got better with the guest presenters. We might get lucky with Team Clarkson doing something altogether different and end up with two watchable series. Whatever the case lets wish them all the best, both Top Gear and Team Clarkson, and hope things can only get better for them and us on all fronts.

Does Jeremy still hold shares in BBC worldwide? James May makes it sound like they will all be going: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6cfFnBNELs

I decided to get rid of my TV license too

Thank you for letting us know you do not need a TV Licence.

Your No Licence Declaration no: 36xxxxxxxx

We will confirm this in a letter and may follow up with a visit. If you receive a letter from us asking you to buy a TV Licence in the next few days, you do not need to respond. Our records are being updated. If your circumstances change, and you do start to watch programmes as they are being shown on TV, you need to be covered by a TV Licence. You can buy one quickly and easily at www.tvlicensing.co.uk/pay

TV Licensing

I believe that Clarkson owns a big part of the production company that makes the show so that may have m impact on it continuing as well.

Wait, you need a license in the UK to watch telly? How absurd sounding... :confused

Only live broadcasts, it's around £130 a year. Then if you dont have one youhave jerks knocking every week demanding to prove youdont need a license :lol Morons get a beating far too often. :lol

The license actually covers a fair bit and gives us the best thing about the BBC, no damned advert breaks.

http://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/check-if-you-need-one/topics/what-does-your-licence-fee-pay-for-top13

I don't mind the license that much, but the management at the beeb has got out of hand. It's become rather corrupt.

They couldn't really do anything else but let JC go. It was physical assault. It's also unlikely that the whole steak thing is what it was really all about. Far more likely that it was the small thing that broke the camels back. Technically he hasn't been sacked, they just aren't renewing his contract at the end of the month. I'd say in a few years, once things have settled it's possible he could be back. As for the other two, they'll probably go.

The best episodes for me were the ones where they were doing roadtrips and challenges together. The reviews and SiaRPC never really bothered me, though were sometimes interesting.

Personally, I'd like to see them go the Netflix route, or something similar. Even directly to YouTube could probably work for them.

As for the show carrying on, it'll probably be a different type of show. Heavily PC and eco-friendly, no doubt. I bet Jezza's kicking himself for selling the rights to the show back to the beeb a few years ago. Question here will be whether the production team stick with it or not.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back