Charles Knode costume bible for Blade Runner - anyone have this and the photos in it?

SciFiCostumes

I love all the costume designs in Blade Runner - the main characters outfits are mostly well-documented but I've always been curious about the various dancer outfits seen in the background, such as in the Snake Pit (as well as various extras in the city scenes, or on the mannequins in Zhora's death scene), though it says a bit when these are the nearest to clear shots.

vlcsnap-2023-02-10-15h03m00s605.png

vlcsnap-2023-02-10-15h04m18s441.png

Some others are only seen via behind the scenes or publicity shots.

bladerunner%2Bextras%2Bbehindscenes%2B%25289%2529.jpg

bladerunner%2Bextras%2Bbehindscenes%2B%25284%2529.jpg

bladerunner%2Bextras%2Bbehindscenes%2B%25285%2529.jpg

bladerunner%2Bextras%2Bbehindscenes%2B%25281%2529.png

bladerunner%2Bextras%2Bbehindscenes%2B%25283%2529.png

30717474431.jpg

However, what really is interesting as well is how apparently Charles Knode still kept his costume design bible which apparently was auctioned a few years ago, apparently it has photos of pretty much all of the cast, including various extras too: https://entertainment.ha.com/itm/mo...r-production-bible-and-script/a/997014-1391.s

%2Csizedata%5B850x600%5D&call=url%5Bfile%3Aproduct.jpg

What I would like to know is, does anyone know the whereabouts of this costume bible, and if the owner of it is online or on this site, would they be willing to scan the photos included in the costume design bible, and allow them to be posted online (on their own site, or on my blog, or both - I will credit, and I apologize for not crediting the images I have used but a lot of them were found on Pinterest with no credit, sorry about that) ? I feel its a crime that the beautiful work that Knode did was not only barely visible on the screen, but shall forever be relegated to never really being seen in public. I will ask this on Propsummit as well, but Im not validated there yet.

Last edited:
Yeah wasnt sure if those were the bible images you were specifically looking for or not. Personally never seen the movie so shot in the dark for me lol

If you had seen the OP and the blog post I'd linked to, I already have enough pics of Harrison Ford's and most of the men's outfits, it was the background women I was mostly looking for..

This is the best image that I have ever arrived at.

It is the largest of all pictures I could find and the clearest I could make it.
f3563c3f19bd20d8a0e1e9479a9d7b9e--blade-runner-vegan-fashion_20230218134001904.jpg

Last edited:
This might be a longshot, but it could be worth emailing David Oliver at Propmasters. He's sold a bunch of material under the banner "The Charles Knode Archive," in which Blade Runner was apparently represented at one point. Not necessarily that bible, but perhaps he'd be willing to check his records for anything along similar lines that he's handled, or even forward a message to a likely collector.

What I would like to know is, does anyone know the whereabouts of this costume bible, and if the owner of it is online or on this site, would they be willing to scan the photos included in the costume design bible, and allow them to be posted online (on their own site, or on my blog, or both - I will credit, and I apologize for not crediting the images I have used but a lot of them were found on Pinterest with no credit, sorry about that) ? I feel its a crime that the beautiful work that Knode did was not only barely visible on the screen, but shall forever be relegated to never really being seen in public. I will ask this on Propsummit as well, but Im not validated there yet.
The costume bible was sold to Geoff Hutchins in the UK. Sadly Geoff passed away a few years ago but the Geoff‘s extensive Blade Runner collection is still in ownership of the family. His son Jamie announced plans for a new website about 2 years ago to show the collection in public again but the site hasn’t yet materialised.

The costume bible was sold to Geoff Hutchins in the UK. Sadly Geoff passed away a few years ago but the Geoff‘s extensive Blade Runner collection is still in ownership of the family. His son Jamie announced plans for a new website about 2 years ago to show the collection in public again but the site hasn’t yet materialised.

SciFiCostumes In case you're not familiar with Geoff Hutchins's "Ridleyville," this appears to be a current account - last post six months ago:

SciFiCostumes,
Just a note on the whereabouts of some of the costumes, the Museum of Pop Culture in Seattle has some important Blade Runner costumes including Rachel’s costume from her opening scene in Tyrell‘s Office and also Sebastian’s costume.
I think the Rachel’s brocade and coat is owned by Sean Young having being gifted to her by the person who bought it at auction a few years ago.
Occasionally the costumes are discussed on the “ Blade Runner Art, Fashion & Photography Group “ on Facebook where you’ll find some members very knowledgable on specific costumes/ props and indeed all aspects of the production.

Addendum -coincidentally, these images posted yesterday from a member who visited the museum;

4027223D-4412-4238-967E-8DC72E0E0FEF.jpeg
B06CC204-9A15-4E48-B690-F28480B824F7.jpeg

Last edited:
SciFiCostumes In case you're not familiar with Geoff Hutchins's "Ridleyville," this appears to be a current account - last post six months ago:

Ah, I'm sad to hear the orginal owner has passed away, but I will make sure to contact on this page, I have a Facebook account that I use to contact collectors and so on, will get right on it.

This might be a longshot, but it could be worth emailing David Oliver at Propmasters. He's sold a bunch of material under the banner "The Charles Knode Archive," in which Blade Runner was apparently represented at one point. Not necessarily that bible, but perhaps he'd be willing to check his records for anything along similar lines that he's handled, or even forward a message to a likely collector.

Ooh, thanks for this link, given how much stuff passes through auction sites I was considering emailing some of them...I'll deffo get in contact with Oliver pronto soon.

And again, Tommy and Pyramidrep thank you so much for your replies! Genuinely a great help

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back