Can Anyone identify this prop?

AJLoCascio

Sr Member
Hey! So my friend works in a prop shop and gave me this interesting piece.

I cannot identify it for the life of me. It would likely have been a production from the last 6 years or so.

Does anyone have any clues?

IMG_7272.JPG

Last edited:
Interesting. Four of the six basic animal groups represented: amphibians, mammals, reptiles and birds (it's missing fish and insects). My brain immediately went to thinking about some cheesy Beastmaster type movie or storyline.

I wonder if the animals are representative of the four elements?

Snake = Earth
Eagle = Air
Frog = Water
Bee = Fire (I dunno, from the pain of its sting?)

EDIT: Nevermind, that's a rabbit.

Interesting. Four of the six basic animal groups represented: amphibians, mammals, reptiles and birds (it's missing fish and insects). My brain immediately went to thinking about some cheesy Beastmaster type movie or storyline.
Yeah I was thinking Dr, Strange or Shang Chi, but really not sure. It could also be from a show honestly.

I wonder if the animals are representative of the four elements?

Snake = Earth
Eagle = Air
Frog = Water
Bee = Fire (I dunno, from the pain of its sting?)

EDIT: Nevermind, that's a rabbit.

lol - a real mystery!

Here is a slightly better picture. I cleaned off some of the dust. It appears to be an Eagle or hawk + snake, rabbit and frog with some kind of symbols around them.

Attachments

• IMG_7514.jpeg
    IMG_7514.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 37
Is your friend from the prop shop able to give any kinds of clues whatsoever as to what projects the shop worked on?

Apparently it was in a bin of things to toss. Like extra pieces and castings. For some reason they thought I would want it, but all they've done is make me curious.

Very hard to figure out if its set dressing and you don't have at least a few tv/show names. Likely next to impossible to know unless its some sort of handheld hero prop (and somebody happens to identify it).

It looks like it is part of something larger. It has a hole in the center to receive some kind of rod or spindle. It may be an ornament from a treasure chest or a sword guard, but it definitely has fantasy elements to it.

What is it made of? If it is urethane, most props were not made of urethane until the late 80's.

Do you have access to a list of films the prop shop worked on?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back