Capaldi Sonic Screwdriver Question

What's odd is the tardis Regenerated...and the sonic is an extension of the tardis right? So in theory it should have changed as well...either way it may not change at all. 9th and 10th had pretty much the same sonic to the general audience. There are differences we know but to joe schmo he don't care.

Admittedly I'm no Who expert, but I don't think the TARDIS regenerates either. I believe each doctor changes the interior based on their own tastes. In the 50th anniversary special, 10 comments to 11, "Oh you redecorated..I don't like it." Same thing happened with 12 and Clara.

Sean

The tardis doesn't regenerate but is technically alive and capable of changing it's self to suit it's occupants by building new console rooms and what not that's why when they are lost in the tardis they find the old console rooms so it's technically not regenerating but constantly expanding and rearranging

The tardis doesn't regenerate but is technically alive and capable of changing it's self to suit it's occupants by building new console rooms and what not that's why when they are lost in the tardis they find the old console rooms so it's technically not regenerating but constantly expanding and rearranging

So when matt smith crashes it in amy's backyard and its broken what would you call what it did there? Self maintenance?

So when matt smith crashes it in amy's backyard and its broken what would you call what it did there? Self maintenance?

Self Repair. Wouldn't be the first machine in a sci-fi story to effect self repairs on itself.

The term "Rgeneration" is pretty firmly tied to the biological process that a Time Lord undergoes. Though older stories did allude to the proximity of the Tardis to the Doctor somehow aiding in a smoother regeneration, the Tardis itself isn't capable of Regeneration as the term applies to the Doctor.

If you wanted to be pedantically semantic about it all, you could loosly apply the word "regenerate" to what the Tardis does. But it's not the same as a Regeneration.

Admittedly I'm no Who expert, but I don't think the TARDIS regenerates either. I believe each doctor changes the interior based on their own tastes...
I seem to recall a line or two of dialogue in one of the episodes in which The Doctor explains changing the appearance/decor of the TARDIS' control room wasn't much different from changing the desktop theme on a computer.

No one is disputing the fact that, in 'The Eleventh Hour, the Tardis repaired itself. But in a completely different way from a Time Lord regeneration.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back