Brienne of Tarth (Game of Thrones)

Re: Brienne of Tarth armor build (Game of Thrones)

WOW! This really is a wonderful costume and one that plays on your natural personal characteristics, which is a rare thing in itself. (Good casting? :D)
Well done indeed! And congratulations on the contest win.

Re: Brienne of Tarth armor build (Game of Thrones)

Whoah, this is amazing! You've really captured the look of the character, perfect!

Re: Galacticat's 2014 Halloween Costume Contest Entry: Brienne of Tarth (Game of Thro

Thanks, guys!

First post has been updated with an overview of the project. I'm also entering this into the RPF Halloween Costume Contest!

Re: Galacticat's 2014 Halloween Costume Contest Entry: Brienne of Tarth (Game of Thro

Great job. You got the look down perfect! :thumbsup

This entry just needs the proof pic. :thumbsup

First post updated with proof photo for 2014 costume contest!

I've never seen this show, but I've taken notice of this costume especially and you've done a superb job with it - so much work to get that worbla looking like metal and you did it perfectly! Love it! Makes me smile really big!

I've never seen this show, but I've taken notice of this costume especially and you've done a superb job with it - so much work to get that worbla looking like metal and you did it perfectly! Love it! Makes me smile really big!

Aww, thank you so much!

Did u make a tem plate for the armor im hopeing to make my own

Did u make a tem plate for the armor im hopeing to make my own

I might still have some of the paper mockups lying around. They're probably kind of sloppy, haha, but if I can find them I'll try to get photos. I do have a photo of the elbow cop pattern in one of my previous posts- that was probably the most difficult piece to figure out.

Finally got to do a real photoshoot in this! My friend Derek (dwrd.net) was the photographer. I love how these turned out.

Click the photos to see bigger, better quality versions!

You may notice the scabbard switched sides. This is because I'm dumb and put it on the wrong side, then didn't realize it until I drew the sword and it felt weird. The first photo is just too awesome for me to care, though!

I'm considering fixing up or remaking the bracers, as they are the most annoying part of the costume (aside from the heavy ass sword). At the very least, I need to add some extra straps to hold the two pieces together better. The gaps really bother me.

I wore Brienne to C2E2 this past weekend and decided to make a fake sword, since they probably wouldn't have allowed the real one. Not to mention the real one is incredibly heavy and pulls down my belts, so I've been wanting a lightweight replacement.

So, Chris designed and printed me a sword!

Not a full sword, but I didn't feel it was really necessary. I just needed something in the scabbard.

I cleaned it up and painted it, and voila! Super lightweight fake sword!

Here's a shot in costume with the new sword - I love how light it is, and I think it looks fairly realistic!

Very cool! The printed sword is a great idea, as is just having a grip/scabbard rather than the whole sword.

I'm doing something similar for my Bronn costume, although I printed the pommel and then made the rest of the handle and scabbard as a single unit out of wood, plastic, leather, etc.

Your method has the advantage of allowing you to add a full sword later if you want.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back