Brienne of Tarth (Game of Thrones)

Re: Brienne of Tarth armor build (Game of Thrones)

Great thread and glad I followed it. I am looking forward to seeing pics of the costume assembled and finished!

Thanks for sharing!

WOW! Looks incredible! I look forward to the final pics when everything's on and you're kicking the Hound's butt all around the Marriott :)

Still not done. :( And we're leaving tomorrow morning...

you+can+do+it.jpg

Glue gun in the hotel room is a DragonCon tradition. :)

After staying up all night, driving 4 hours to Atlanta, napping for a few hours, then working on the costume for a bit, Brienne is finally done! I just need to weather the skirts and add strapping around the scabbard.

I'm not super happy with the chainmail sweater but it'll work for now. I'll post better photos after DragonCon!

That really looks awesome and you totally look the part. Great job!

It is done! Though we barely got it done in time for DragonCon. We stayed up all night Tuesday getting as much of it done as we could, then finished the rest in the hotel room on Wednesday. Let me tell you, doing your first test fit in the hotel is scary! But fortunately it all came together, and though there are a few things I'd like to change (mainly the chainmail sweater and wedge boots), I'm pretty damn happy with it.

See first post for more photos!

I'll try to do a wrap-up post when I get a chance. Right now, I'm in a losing battle with con crud...

Last edited:

Looks fantastic! Have you considered some makeup to dirty you up a little, and maybe a facial scar appliance for the lip? I think if you throw that on and maybe a little more weathering you'll be spot on!

I tried the lip scar with rigid collodion when I did her pink dress at C2E2, but after awhile it started peeling up and looked kind of gross so I ripped it off. I would've dirtied myself up but I guess I was going for a slightly cleaner look? Hence the slicked back hair, as opposed to her usual kind of crazy hair. (I would've preferred the crazy hair but my current cut is asymmetrical and too long on one side.)

Here's a shot of Brienne at GMX in Franklin, TN this past weekend. Now with more accurate hair and boots that don't kill my feet!

I also took 3rd place in the Costume Contest, which is pretty neat. :)

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back