Bioshock Infinite Machine gun build FINISHED ! Pictures on page 2 !

Re: Bioshock Infinite Machine gun build WIP ALMOST DONE !

Nice build! The sight looks wonderfully complicated.

Last edited:

This looks to be an extremely fluid building! I guess after a while of doing gun builds, each one sort of falls into a pattern of which piece always gets built first.

So with that knob...I'm trying to imagine how you did that. Did you basically put a small cube on the end of the drill press, to have something to hold it in place, and then just sanded away at it with the Dremel until you got that rounded knobby shape?

Exactly ! I just put a stainless steel screw in a piece of red oak and chucked in into the drill press and shaped it with a course sanding drum on the Dremel while it spun on the drill press. CAREFULLY !

- - - Updated - - -

Nice build! The sight looks wonderfully complicated.

Thanks ! The sight was a pain, but I'm happy it turned out good.

Wish I had the tools to do wood working.

Am I alone in thinking that without the final paint it looks like a weapon from TF2?

This is definitely looking good so far!

Wish I had the tools to do wood working.

Am I alone in thinking that without the final paint it looks like a weapon from TF2?

This is definitely looking good so far!

Thanks ! I didn't think about it before, but with that gray primer, it does have that Team fortress look to it, lol !

Base paint job done, I have a lot of dry brushing to do ! It's a rubbed oil bronze metallic and the stock is stained with a light walnut stain.

repeater progress24.jpgrepeater progress25.jpg

That is one sexyfine weapon if I do say so myself!

Can't wait to see it weathered.

Re: Bioshock Infinite Machine gun build WIP

I was pretty productive today, I got everything I have done so far actually mounted so it can be picked up as a whole piece now. I did a lot of work to the receiver and other details, and also sanded the heck out of the stock. I'm getting really pumped about this build! I wish more people here were !

View attachment 179334View attachment 179335View attachment 179336

Everything looks awesome! just wondering where you got that bit of concept art from. Was it from the official concept art book or elsewhere? Ty

I was pretty productive today, I got everything I have done so far actually mounted so it can be picked up as a whole piece now. I did a lot of work to the receiver and other details, and also sanded the heck out of the stock. I'm getting really pumped about this build! I wish more people here were !

View attachment 179334View attachment 179335View attachment 179336
I'm pumped about it! Looks great!

How did you shape the stock?

Everything looks awesome! just wondering where you got that bit of concept art from. Was it from the official concept art book or elsewhere? Ty

The picture in my very first post was a promo pic I found in a Google image search, the picture that was with my gun in the post that you quoted was a screen cap from the game I took for reference. Is that what you mean ?

- - - Updated - - -

I'm pumped about it! Looks great!

How did you shape the stock?

I shaped it with a wood rasp and on a benchtop belt sander, it took a good few hours to get it right! I'm more used to working with MDF , so shaping a hardwood like Red oak was a learning experience. Thanks for the compliment !

Well color me impressed. You knocked that thing out in no time and it looks amazing! I really like how you can even see the bullets in the magazine.

This is so wonderful I don't really know what to say. Great job!

I REALLY need to finish the game.. I never seem to have the time.

Yep......that's phenomenal

Out of interest, how many hours did you put into that? Looks like you didn't get a lot of sleep for a couple of weeks

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back