Best LightSaber's????

It sounds like fun and Ive always like to make my own stuff..Im somewhat handy when it comes to building things.However Ive never messed with electronics before...How hard would it be to modify a Master Replicas saber? I bought one of the old ones a couple days ago.Its from 2004 (luke ESB) and would like it to have a much brighter blade.It hasnt arrived yet.But Ive heard the blade is quite dim..Are there any tutorials on this site for modifying a MR FX?

Last edited:
I don't know about this site but The Custom Saber Shop forum has plenty of tutorials for converting the MR and Hasbro FX sabers. However their tutorials are for replacing the LED string blade with an empty blade and using a single LED (or multi-die LED) in the hilt instead of LEDs in the blade. This makes the blade removable (though of course the latest versions of the FX sabers now have removable blades) and requires a custom machined blade holder (which you can get from The Custom Saber Shop). I don't think you'll find a tutorial anywhere for replacing the stock LED blade with a Makoto LED string blade but I could be wrong.

Hey.Nice job on your sabers ARKM! I checked out you photobucket page.Great stuff..You machine all those hilts or buy the parts?Either way,nice work:cool

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back