Best Display for Saber Collection?

Griff13

Hello all!

I am looking for a cool way to display my saber collection and was wondering where the best options might be found. Looking for more of a glass display case or cabinet with glass fronts. Any opinions would be appreciated!

I forget who it was, but someone posted pics of a Billy book shelf from IKEA with a glass door and they installed a wine rack inside. That always looked very nice to me.

Griff13, you may find some great ideas from other members on this thread:

Griff13, you may find some great ideas from other members on this thread:

Thanks!

With all the hilts around, you’d think someone was making a case, like a suitcase with compartments you can close

If my woodshop buddy wasn’t so busy I’d commission a trunk that opened like a sewing kit… levels that span out.

But it’s ways just racks or single boxes

There's the display I was thinking of!

With all the hilts around, you’d think someone was making a case, like a suitcase with compartments you can close

If my woodshop buddy wasn’t so busy I’d commission a trunk that opened like a sewing kit… levels that span out.

I always wanted a full size replica of Obi Wan's chest for exactly this idea.

I've had something similar kicking around in my head because I figured that a Jedi would probably have a kit they took with them to repair their lightsaber. Maybe have some "tools" and a bunch of extra lightsaber parts for repairs.

To achieve a more collated "museum" look, I bought three "jewelry cases" to display themed props. I use one for lightsabers (and a couple other SW weapons.)

It gives a really clean look, the props stay safe and dust free and keep hands off. (The cases even lock.)

With some good lighting they really look great! (But hard to photograph well!)

Attachments

• IMG_4507 Large.jpeg
    IMG_4507 Large.jpeg
    333.5 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_4508 Large.jpeg
    IMG_4508 Large.jpeg
    266.6 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_4509 Large.jpeg
    IMG_4509 Large.jpeg
    311.4 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_4510 Large.jpeg
    IMG_4510 Large.jpeg
    397.9 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_4511 Large.jpeg
    IMG_4511 Large.jpeg
    239.7 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_4512 Large.jpeg
    IMG_4512 Large.jpeg
    398.7 KB · Views: 139
Another option could be this glass "shadow box" display coffee table I found...

I use mine for LOTR "Fellowship" weapons, but it would work great for lightsabers and other SW weapons! I've seen a guy use it for the big Lego Millennium Falcon!

Attachments

• IMG_4517 Large.jpeg
    IMG_4517 Large.jpeg
    267 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_4516 Large.jpeg
    IMG_4516 Large.jpeg
    296.1 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_4515 Large.jpeg
    IMG_4515 Large.jpeg
    259.2 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_4514 Large.jpeg
    IMG_4514 Large.jpeg
    346.1 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_4513 Large.jpeg
    IMG_4513 Large.jpeg
    382 KB · Views: 80
I forget who it was, but someone posted pics of a Billy book shelf from IKEA with a glass door and they installed a wine rack inside. That always looked very nice to me.
12605482_1065622166823264_7167718439365746309_o.jpg

Could be me or could be others as I have been promoting the use of wine racks for cheap but space saving options for saber display for years. However I will say I got the idea for wine racks from an old RPF member about 24 years ago named Amber Padawan Learner. This is an older picture. This is an Ikea bookshelf and does have the optional glass door added.

One of the thing I like about the wine racks... or now that 3D printing is a thing, any type of stand that promotes stacking of the hilts. This way you can display more hilts in a smaller space. You may not have an issue now, but you have to ask yourself if you plan for your collection to grow. If so, then how will you integrate them in to your display?

Of course you probably know of the Detolf Ikea glass cabinets. They are very affordable. I recommend those over a book case because the all grass sides allow for you to see more angles of the hilt and better lighting. If you had wine a wine rack like the one in the image or some other four tiered vertical rack, you could put two rack on each Detolf shelf. That means you could easily display 32 hilt in one location plus some other ascetically pleasing items around them.

That might've been mine.

0f9f9aa64bbcbf311c43695cbfcf02c5-jpg.jpg

View attachment 1675790

Could be me or could be others as I have been promoting the use of wine racks for cheap but space saving options for saber display for years. However I will say I got the idea for wine racks from an old RPF member about 24 years ago named Amber Padawan Learner. This is an older picture. This is an Ikea bookshelf and does have the optional glass door added.

One of the thing I like about the wine racks... or now that 3D printing is a thing, any type of stand that promotes stacking of the hilts. This way you can display more hilts in a smaller space. You may not have an issue now, but you have to ask yourself if you plan for your collection to grow. If so, then how will you integrate them in to your display?

Of course you probably know of the Detolf Ikea glass cabinets. They are very affordable. I recommend those over a book case because the all grass sides allow for you to see more angles of the hilt and better lighting. If you had wine a wine rack like the one in the image or some other four tiered vertical rack, you could put two rack on each Detolf shelf. That means you could easily display 32 hilt in one location plus some other ascetically pleasing items around them.
Clever and economical MJF.

To achieve a more collated "museum" look, I bought three "jewelry cases" to display themed props. I use one for lightsabers (and a couple other SW weapons.)

It gives a really clean look, the props stay safe and dust free and keep hands off. (The cases even lock.)

With some good lighting they really look great! (But hard to photograph well!)
Very nice!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back