Beauty and the Beast Broadway Belle Ballgown WIP (COMPLETED, SEE PAGE 2)

you make a beautiful Belle. great job on both dresses! I loved the pic of you sitting in the field; it reminded me of that scene in the Disney movie. :D

So beauty and the beast is my favorite movie and I can literally recite every word from it. This is amazing I'm a little jealous that you have a belle dress and I don't.

Beautiful work!

A fun tidbit... I saw Susan Egan last weekend and she mentioned that some of her costumes in Beauty and the Beast were more than her annual pay!

How cool! Susan Egan was the one I saw when I was in highschool and saw the play with my dad, that's what inspired me to make this gown, so many years later.

Wow, I wonder what kind of fabric or crystals they used on that for it to be so expensive!! Even my most expensive costume wasn't even remotely that much. haha. Certainly this one wasn't. I went with a cheaper fabric for the skirt, but even if I'd used an expensive one, it wouldn't have been as much as you hint! That's a fun anecdote! :)

Wow it looks amazing!! I have always wanted to do all of Belle's dresses from the Disney movie so I will be sure to pick your brains when I get around to doing the ball gown.. if you don't mind of course :)

Looks like she's performing in La Mirada in April. Assuming you're in LA, you should wear your dress to the concert and ask her! :) When I saw her she hung around for a long time talking to fans, especially the last few (I was helping the symphony she was performing with).

I adore this gown and you did such a beautiful job with it!! One day I'll get minedone, right now it's just kinda a muslin bodice mock-up with hoop and underskirt, LOL! Love your wig too!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back