BB-8 Toy

Here's Toyland's review of it.

Got some adorable GIFs in it too.

runbb8_zpsnmbg4aus.gif

Last edited:
I'm excited for someone to get one of these and then reverse engineer a bigger version :cool. I kind of want one of these. I imagine it would be quite entertaining chasing my dog (the guy in my avatar) or my father-in-law's cat around :devil

I ordered mine tonight. RC and gadgets is one of my main hobbies, and I've owned everything Orbotix has released. They've all been top notch, well designed products that withstand plenty of use.

I'm sure this BB8 will be no different.

I've seen the Target one move.

When it comes to a stop, it wobbles around a LOT. It doesn't have nearly as good of balancing technology. For a kid, I'm sure they'd enjoy it, but for an adult the Sphero will be a much better product.

OK People

Time to admit it... How many of you are buying this to take it apart to see how the mechanism works? :ninja

I know at least a few of you BB-8 builders have to be tempted. :darnkids :D

Looks like this one is just your basic balancing ball robot (brain/wheels in the head) judging by the movement. Could be wrong though. Definitely not as cool as the sphero but pretty good for half the price!

Here is a .gif of Hasbro's BB-8.

https://vid.me/A6dn

You can see how wobbly it is. I don't think there's any way it's one of the designs where the brain and wheels are in the head...the head would fall off based on how wobbly it is.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back