Baylan Skoll / Shin Hati Dark Jedi Costumes - Ahsoka (Series) Star Wars

Those of you who have done his armor pieces, what color are you using for the paint? I’ve 3D printed them in black ABS but am not too sure what color paint to use.

Those of you who have done his armor pieces, what color are you using for the paint? I’ve 3D printed them in black ABS but am not too sure what color paint to use.
I've tried several different coatings, and finally settled on Duplicolor black rocker coating; it's a matte finish with a slight texture to it, which goes well with the hammered look of the 3D printed pieces.

I then used an acrylic craft paint turquoise wash (that I wiped off, leaving the highlights)... I like the look that has resulted.

Rob

Attachments

• 20231022_202030.jpg
    20231022_202030.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 24
I've tried several different coatings, and finally settled on Duplicolor black rocker coating; it's a matte finish with a slight texture to it, which goes well with the hammered look of the 3D printed pieces.

I then used an acrylic craft paint turquoise wash (that I wiped off, leaving the highlights)... I like the look that has resulted.

Rob
Oh that looks great, I think I’ll go with that! I have two sets so I can experiment with one to figure out what exactly looks best.

Been still working on mine little by little. Still want to weather the soft parts and add the stones at this point I’m in no rush as I have a working costume, but want to improve the fit. It will never be accurate as the materials are correct, but I like the look. Plus I’m not after joining any clubs.
IMG_4576.jpeg

IMG_7563.jpeg
IMG_7567.jpeg
IMG_7683.jpeg
22222222222222222222222222.jpeg
IMG_7579.jpeg

Wow...that's an awesome Baylan kit!

Like yourself, I'm working on one, but I'm in it for the long term and have no desire or aims to join any organized costume group...after 17 years of being in an 'organized' Mando club, I'm ready to be free to do my own interpretations, :)

Rob

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back