Help finding parts for badge - Ahsoka series

Wonkybonkers

Hi everyone, I've tried searching everywhere, using image searches and just straight up browsing electrical parts sites, but I can't find anything!

I'm trying to recreate this badge from Ahsoka that Carson Teva and Hera Syndulla wear.
Does anyone have any ideas of what it could be made from?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240131-170651~4.png
    Screenshot_20240131-170651~4.png
    692.2 KB · Views: 80
The more I look at it the more I think scratch made…

Been puzzling over this one since this morning. I think the red lens is a found object - it would be about 11-12mm in diameter if my measurements are accurate on this. I'd guess the rest is scratch built and printed. So... I designed and printed one really quickly.

Then I came to that I knew the shape of that red lens - I think it's the lens from an off-the-shelf LED housing. Sure enough, that housing is 12mm. The ones I have are more conical than fully rounded, but it's at least a place to start looking for the right one.

IMG_8114.JPG

Quick update - I bumped the scale of my model slightly to snuggly fit the lens I have. I was eyeballing the size based on the rank badges anyways, so it's still in the right ballpark.

IMG_8134.jpg

All-in-all I'm getting happy with the build - I'll post the file in a day or two. Just gotta "live" with the part for a bit to see if I'm happy with it.

Once more, this time with some paint and rattle can sealant on top. I think this is about ready for primetime - it passes the 6 foot test really well:

IMG_8139.JPG

I've uploaded the file over on Printables: Printables

If anyone does end up ID'ing the lens, I'll make a redesign of this to fit the correct lens. But for now, I'm calling this one done.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back