Batman arkham origins WIP

Re: Batman arkham origins WIP - pep unfolder needed !

I finished my paintjob on the belt buckle, I'm quite happy with it. It looks a few shades darker IRL than in the pic, mind you.
lvkk.jpg

Hammered silver paint with black lavis, carbon vinyl decal next to the button.

Man, this is looking incredible. Great job. Look forward to seeing more of this!

I may have missed something but I still can't get the link to work for the shin files. Is it working for everyone else?

I may have missed something but I still can't get the link to work for the shin files. Is it working for everyone else?

Check the post with the screenshot comparing the pep to the concept art, and there's a link to a file called shin.zip. That's where I found mine. You'll have to scale and unfold them yourself, but it's totally worth it. It's a great model.

Brilliant, thank you very much (though I feel slightly less bad for missing it as it was slightly hidden). Thanks again mate.

Yep, sorry about that !
Been sucked in GTA V online, but I'm gluing the pieces to my shirt at the same time, which takes some time because of this slow tissue glue I use. Works well, but takes almost over night to dry...

I just wanted to put this out there, and you can take it, or you can throw it right back...

I love your work jfcutoms lol (above was a ron burgandy quote y'all lol)

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

That's a sweet and easy model there ! Minimal work to convert into an origins one too, shortening the ears and detaching the neck would do well.
Speaking of cowl I forgot to post a pic of Coofunkcurly's awesome cowl, still needs a bit of padding to make sure it fits how it should. Note : not coofunkcurly's cape on that pic, it's my old GCFX one. Will be enough until I get a proper arkham one.
8km9.jpg

And while I'm at it
ekkn.jpg

ku19.jpg

kplc.jpg

I'm absolutely loving everything about this build! I have to keep checking back in to view the progress!

I've thrown the belt pocket and pod in silicone this morning, hoping to have some pulls by the end of the weekend, unfortunately, the pocket mold is wrecked, it appears the pocket got out of the clay and surfaced over the silicone... Probably wasn't deep enough in the clay, and being a hollow super light object doesn't help.
The pod should be just fine though, but I'm a little bit cranky over that, given I just wasted expensive silicone and I have now to order some again. This time I think I'll make a stock of this stuff !
And my bat symbol I glued on the chest armor is now showing weird holes where the glue spots are under, so I can just rip it off and make a new one...
This is not my day !

Well at least the pods came out ok. I'll have them all cleaned up and painted during the week.
And after gluing the abs I couldn't resist trying it on, the ribbed side thing are not glued to the shirt in this pic though, and the bat needs to be replaced
f5iw.jpg

Quick question, how are you going to attach the armour to the compression vest? Glue or just have it hanging freely?
Cheers and that is an excellent looking cowl and build my friend.

Thanks, but for the cowl, all the credit goes to Coofunkcurly !
The armour is glued with fabric glue and some kind of flexible material glue (not mixed though !) It holds but I wish I could find something stronger...

Hi, armour looks great although the chest appears to be sitting a little low on you. Cant wait to see it all fitted on.

hey teragon your armor is coming out awesome very nice work so far. I'm not sure if you need anymore reference pix but there is a free I pad app its is the batman arkham origins I pad version maybe you could use some of those screen shots as reference for you build ? the game is fun as well I only wish it was possible to get files from that app now that would be awesome lol anyway good luck on the rest of your build

Hey teragon,
Im loving this wip so far man. Top knotch stuff. I just printed and started cutting out the templates. But anyway after watching the new TV spot of Arkham Origins multiple times (which I had to stop becuase I thought I was gonna start balling lol)and I saw some key detail features of the costume and I figured you might be interested

First we have the neck piece for the cowl. In the TV Spot it looks to be some type of fabric similiar to the fabric you put over top of the foam but not as much texture and darker and leather for the pieces that serve as the seperation of the padding/armor
AO Neck Fabric.png
Next we have the back bicep. Now in this picture it looks to be like the foam method that your using now but instead of the grey textured fabric it looks like it is covered over with the leather instead
AO Bicep Leather.png
And Last but not least this is just to show that you are super close to the texture/pattern that is on the suit withg the fabric that you are using nowAO Pattern.png
You can take take em or leave em. Just wasn't sure if you wanted this suit more accurate since this project is moving along more nicely. But anyway, Loving the great work your doing teragon. Keep up the good work and keep on fighting the good fight :)

- - - Updated - - -

And for any of you who want to see the TV Spot here is the link (WARNING: It's Awesome but it's also a real tear jerker lol)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InUj9BT8KCc

This is freaking brilliant! I've been working on my own, but this just blows my mind.

EDIT: Nevermind, I found the shin.zip file. Can't believe I overlooked that.

On second glance, the gauntlets look a little strange to me. I took the .pdo file and tweaked the model a little bit, and then unfolded it. For the most part, the proportions are identical, I just tweaked the back half/diamond shaped thing a little, making it shorter and wider. You can check it out here, if you want:
http://www.4shared.com/file/kLmLgOph/GAUNT.html
untitled.png

Where did you find the shin.zip?

Somehow I don't get the notification anymore when somebody makes a new post here, sorry for not answering quicker !
Thank you all for the kind comments,
the chest was indeed sitting a bit low, still need tweaking here and there to make sure the symbol and the cape clip comes together nicely.
Thanks for the screenshots batmanbeyond96, it indeed looks more leathery than the rest. I have to check if the biceps parts are also leathery or if it's only the triceps. I'll leave the neck like it is, it came with coofunkcurly's cowl, so they work well together.
Raiizo, you have to contact Coofunkcurly for the cowl, he has a thread in the JY, but if you PM him I'm sure he can set you up.
By the way, I have a week of vacation, so expect some progress quicker than usual ! Although I still haven't found foam, and I need it to remake the shoulders and the left leg... I'll also fix these links if I can.

In the mean time, here is a kit I just made for a customer, my own belt is almost finished too, but customers come first.
00ld.jpg

Oh, and I got the game, so plenty of references now !

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back