Bandai release schedule

Just wondering , with the amount of support and admiration for bandai kits regarding their Star War kits out here , who has the final say on what they can proceed/produce or can't , due to marketing / regional rights ?

Just wondering , with the amount of support and admiration for bandai kits regarding their Star War kits out here , who has the final say on what they can proceed/produce or can't , due to marketing / regional rights ?
As far as I know Bandai determines what is produced and when- the only restriction seems to be they avoid figures (large and small) due to a conflict with others holding those licenses for the US market.
Right not there seems to be a trend towards the 1:144 scale, which is nice and allows them to release a lot of inexpensive kits, but too small for my tastes. I ah hoping they return to the 1:72 line with a Falcon and B-Wing, another 1:48 kit of the Y-Wing would be terrific.
AS always, I am hoping for some Capital ships- Bandai will produce a spectacular ISD eventually, but I have a really nice one on my build table now- they simply took too long and Zvezda is eating their lunch.

Disney, as the license holder, has the final say on everything Star Wars related. If you've ever noticed something like the text in the upper left on this picture of the Rogue Leader 2-pack - http://www.1999.co.jp/itbig41/10413854a2.jpg, where it says "Under licensor check. May differ from the actual product", that means that it's been submitted to Disney for final approval, but hasn't receive it yet (at the time the photo was initially published - obviously, the kit was approved.

I have to say, I'm pretty disappointed with the lack of anything truly interesting coming out of this weekend's Star Wars Celebration. Not only do we have no new confirmation of any upcoming Bandai kits (beyond a vague, "We're working on things" -- no duh), the Ep 8 trailer was kind of meh, the only new thing about the movie we now know is that an adorable Asian actress plays a maintenance worker named "Rose" (Are you feeling the excitement yet, fanboys?!), and that Star Wars Rebels is closing shop after this season. Nothing about the Han Solo movie. Nothing about new stand-alone movies. It's like they invited everyone to a big party only to get there and say the REAL party isn't for another month and we can't tell you anything about it but trust us it'll be awesome. Cool. :facepalm

Completely agree. Wasn't there an announcement that there will be an announcement of something "big" from Bandai on SW Celebrations? If there was, I completely missed it. And it seems, others did so, too.

Regarding Ep. 8, I don't have any expectations since Ep 7 was so bad, but it seems like the stand-alone movies are have better chances to surprise positively, as did R1.

For now, let's hope that Bandai sticks with Ep. 1-6 vehicles and produces some really interesting ships, like a ISD, a Tantive IV or a Radiant VII. I'd also love to have a 40 cm-ish Home One to go with the ISD, if they sould just bring such things to the shops!

I'm also somewhat disappointed at the lack of announcements for new kits, although I ordered a couple of AT-ATs so looking forward to those arriving. Considering getting the FM 1/48 TIE just to keep my Bandai 1/48 X-Wing company. A Bandai 1/48 Y would be superb.

Unlike you fellas though, I think Rian Johnson's ep. VIII is going to be immense. Think he was a perfect choice for the middle chapter.

Imo ep7 kicked ass, i saw it 4 times in 3D, the casting was great, special effects and CGI were WAY better than anything before. Kylo's lightsaber was awesome, Rey flew the "bits" off the Falcon, new T-70 x-wing was badass, Star Killer base was epic when it fired and blew those planets to bits. No Jar Jar or Ewoks, no Hayden Christensen, no sand.. oh no.. wait, there was LOTS of sand.. but we had Han, Leia, Chewie, R2 and 3PO, best selling film ever. Rogue One kicked ass too!

I think the new ep8 trailer was good, its a first look, we have till December and many more trailers to go. The new RMQ A-wing looks cool, i like the new podracers. I guess Rose is Finns love interest? So they might kill her off, so he can cry. I want to see Rey again, going ape with a lightsaber! I have feeling were going to get some AWESOME lightsaber battles in ep8. More Knights of Ren, bigger SD, Bigger AT-AT and generaly blowing the crap outa everything! That new STAR WARS is red for a reason!

Yes it would have been cool to see an announcement made regarding new model kits. Esp after Rogue One, Now is the time to release a HUGE Star Destroyer. There will never be a better time to make one than NOW..right now.. just dooooo IT pretty please with a cherry on top!

I am one with the BIG Bandai SD
The BIG Bandai SD is with me

I am one with the BIG Bandai SD
The BIG Bandai SD is with me

That would be the *ultimate* 144th scale Rogue One diorama - a ginormous ISD being taken down by X & Y-wings, complete with the shield generator being blown up by Blue 2 and the Y-wing heavy ordinance dropping.

Id have 1 bi g woohoo 4 a 4 foot Bandai SD, take my money and take me to paradise! :D

A 1/1700 would be so cool though, i dont really want a 2 footer, theres so much beautiful detail on a SD imo it needs to be BIG, 1/1700 would showcase that detail to the naked eye. And with Bandai's awesome molding technology the details would be exquisite!

Pardon my ignorance, but what is the largest reasonable dimensions to expect from any mass produced plastic model kit? Even 2 feet seems pretty large for a mass produced kit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Pardon my ignorance, but what is the largest reasonable dimensions to expect from any mass produced plastic model kit? Even 2 feet seems pretty large for a mass produced kit.

The Zvezda Star Destroyer kit is about 23" long and it is a good size for detail without taking over the room.

Bandai is no stranger to large kits

Bandai's 1/500 Yamato is a little over 26" in length

The 1/1000 Domelaze III is a little larger than that at around 28"

They also made a 1/350 version of the Yamato at one point

Looking at other companies

Tamiya has a 1/350 Enterprise (IIRC that's around 30" or so)

I searched for the Tamiya Enterprise on eBay. I was disappointed to see it is the aircraft carrier, not the starship.

The listing says it is almost 40 inches long. That's a good sized model.

I searched for the Tamiya Enterprise on eBay. I was disappointed to see it is the aircraft carrier, not the starship.

The listing says it is almost 40 inches long. That's a good sized model.

Bandai actually used to make Star Trek models. They were awesome and had lighting kits included. Pre-painted. If Bandai got the Trek licence again for prime timeline Star Trek as well as NuTrek, I'd be in heaven. Hopefully Moebius will make some awesome NuTrek kits.

More details on the mini Snowspeeder and AT-ST:

vm801.jpg

http://www.taghobby.com/archives/172015

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back