Bandai release schedule

I use Plastruct liquid and occasionally Testor's liquid with the thin needle applicator tip when I want something with more body and slower set time. The only problem I've had with materials on Bandai kits is I used a thinner-based wash on the sand trooper and it had a slightly goopy reaction with the plastic. It looks okay now, but freaked me out at the time.

To anyone who isn't on board for at least a 1/48 Y-wing, here is a message for ya:

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the small scale because they don't take up a lot of space, look great, and they display awesomely!

I use Tenax 7R plastic weld or Plastruct plastic weld for any styrene kits. That is ll I ever use and have done so for 25+ years. The Tenax 7R company seemed to go belly up again as they have in the past, so getting that is harder to get now, but the Plastruct plastic weld is easy to get.
Lynn

I've tried to use liquid cement, I think I have Plastruct weld, but it never works right. I keep meaning to look up a video on using them because I have to be doing something wrong.

Thanks for the help guys!
Lynn, I see your point. Back in the days I used to have an entire room dedicated to my props and models. Not the case any more. I figure in the same same footprint as a SS X-wing one could probably fit Bandais entire OT collection....with space for more!

Cheers,
Steve
I still got three of my SS kits from 13-14 years ago. The only ones that survived my mid life crisis almost 10 years ago, because the SN TIE was my 10 year wedding anniversary so I couldn't sell that one and the Y wing I had to make a promise to the maker to never sell if he sold it to me. Then I figured what good is the other two if I sold the X Wing, soooo.
C459lxX.jpg

Lynn

I've tried to use liquid cement, I think I have Plastruct weld, but it never works right. I keep meaning to look up a video on using them because I have to be doing something wrong.

I've done 100's of kits with that or Tenax 7R only, I never had a problem. It is all I use, I love the stuff. I just use a small brush on both parts and stick, on big parts, I join the two parts dry and use a small brush and touch one side and let it weep in the cracks and you got one heck of a strong joint. I use it on my TIE pilot helmets and armor Mandalorian armor kits that I have built as well, and I've never had a problem or failure and it is strong as heck.
Lynn

Has anyone got their AT-AT's yet? Stupid question as I'm sure people would have posted here if they did. I got my shipping notice from Hobby Japan over a week ago for my first one and I got 4 more on pre order through Monsters in Motion.
Lynn

aye, those little kits are insanely detailed. You know Bandai sells a 1/48 X-Wing though right? It's on it's lonesome without a 1/48 Y-Wing or even a TIE, so hopefully they address this soon.

NEW KITS! NEW! NEEEEEEWWWWW! Because the minute they make a 1/47 TIE and Y-Wing you know people are going to start saying, "You know, what we really need is an X-Wing, a Y-Wing and a TIE in 1/32..."

Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31g0YE61PLQ

NEW KITS! NEW! NEEEEEEWWWWW! Because the minute they make a 1/47 TIE and Y-Wing you know people are going to start saying, "You know, what we really need is an X-Wing, a Y-Wing and a TIE in 1/32..."

Not me. I'm actually really happy with how Bandai is operating the SW license. Would I like certain kits in certain scales? Absolutely. It is however probably the best it has ever been for SW modelers thanks to Bandai.

aye, those little kits are insanely detailed. You know Bandai sells a 1/48 X-Wing though right? It's on it's lonesome without a 1/48 Y-Wing or even a TIE, so hopefully they address this soon.

Yeah, the sound and motion one for $80. If Bandai releases it without the electronics I'll get it of course, but it'll be lonely all by itself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31g0YE61PLQ

that's not true

I certanly can't understand the interest in small scales, c'mon, a 1/72 tie fighter fits in your hand, .. for fighters like x-wing/ u-wing.. etc 1/48 is the perfect size, enough to work detail in cockpits and other areas, add lights, and still not make your home too busy.

i certanly think big hobby companies don't take any risk in making real interesting stuff, Bandai included., if you don't go deagostini, or a russian company decides finally to do a decent model for a star destroyer, last 20 years have been really boring, I'm not including here garage /resin kits of course.

Maybe someone knows this. I thought that I read somewhere that the Bandai Y-wing model is based off of the Gold Leader Y, and the Finemolds was based off of Red Jammer. I'm no Y-wing expert but I know they were all slightly different. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back