Back to the Future

You were the other bidder? Sorry, didn't know that. How did you manage to bid three times in six seconds? Three opened browser tabs?

No, a fast connection ;)! I was really annoyed when I missed it :(, But the worst is, he's set a buy it now price for $10 and I've bid thinking nobody would look for it :(! Oh well, at least I know it's in good hands!

I always feel like when I am bidding on BTTF stuff on Ebay that many people on here are the ones I am bidding against especially when it isn't labeled BTTF.

Its strange how there are two different shapes of diet Pepsi cans on the dinner table in the McFly house. Was 1985 the year they changes the can design maybe?

If you enjoy making accurate props don't even bother with that instructables. There are much better threads on here about flux capacitors. Also if yours looking to make it, save up some money first. The correct stahlin case will cost more then what that guy spent on his whole build...

If you enjoy making accurate props don't even bother with that instructables. There are much better threads on here about flux capacitors. Also if yours looking to make it, save up some money first. The correct stahlin case will cost more then what that guy spent on his whole build...
thanx m8 i just came across the link i thought i would post it, when i save up some cash i will buy one more screen ac....

BTW: Any idea of the battery size?!? I wont find a walkie talkie around here, but maybe the battery alone would look cool in the BTTF collection...

I know I'm late to the party, but if it's a 1950's battery, wouldn't it be a regular ol 'dry cell' battery? Big round can-looking thing, with two binding posts on the top?

I haven't seen one in a good 30 years, but I remember them from when I was a kid. I used to go look for them to power projects, because they'd last so damned much longer on the bench than AA, AAA, C, D, or whatever...

(I can also remember "double-D" batteries from when I was younger - they made them for flashlights, they were essentially two D cells, prestacked end-to-end.)

Here you go - scroll down to the "No. 6 Dry Cell" - that's about what I remember.

(Yeah, I'm probably late. Call it "confirmation"... :) )

I know I'm late to the party, but if it's a 1950's battery, wouldn't it be a regular ol 'dry cell' battery? Big round can-looking thing, with two binding posts on the top?

I haven't seen one in a good 30 years, but I remember them from when I was a kid. I used to go look for them to power projects, because they'd last so damned much longer on the bench than AA, AAA, C, D, or whatever...

(I can also remember "double-D" batteries from when I was younger - they made them for flashlights, they were essentially two D cells, prestacked end-to-end.)

Here you go - scroll down to the "No. 6 Dry Cell" - that's about what I remember.

(Yeah, I'm probably late. Call it "confirmation"... :) )

The prop used in the movie was the same size as a No. 6 Dry Cell, but the prop label is based on the one used for the Burgess Uni-Cel No. 2
Burgess Unicel 2.jpg

The prop used in the movie was the same size as a No. 6 Dry Cell, but the prop label is based on the one used for the Burgess Uni-Cel No. 2
View attachment 284082

Must be a bit of artistic license. Yes, the Burgess Uni-Cel No. 2 was a real animal - but it's supposedly the size of the common "D" cell (Antique Radio Forums ? View topic - Identify Burgess Battery in VTVM, fourth or fifth post down, I think,) but the whole thread is interesting, and perhaps the member there with the 1953 C. F. Burgess Battery catalogue might be convinced to do a scan of the technical pages (dimensions, terminal loci, and the like?)

I don't know the dimensions of an "Uni-Cel No. 2" or a "D" cell, but I can give you the dimensions of the screen used "Burgess" label sheet. It's exactly 8.5 x 6 inches. Each black and white stripe on the label is half an inch wide (16 stripes on the whole label + half an inch overlapping paper). That means the battery must be around 2 1/2 x 6 inches (diameter x height).

Just a question guys, does anyone has/or made Doc Emmett Brown's driving id? I've tried to look for it everywhere, but couldn't find it. If it was posted here, then i'm sorry for asking, but it slipped my eye.

Cheers

Just a question guys, does anyone has/or made Doc Emmett Brown's driving id? I've tried to look for it everywhere, but couldn't find it. If it was posted here, then i'm sorry for asking, but it slipped my eye.

Cheers

In addition to Marty's driver license I posted more than two years ago (it was one of my very first contributions for the RPF), I've created now Doc's license. But it's not an mid-80s version like Marty's license - I created a 1950s "operator's license". The design is based on a real Californian operator's license from the same time. The licenses actually had finger prints and no photographs at that time. Doc's signature is from the Western Union letter.

Here is the PDF file:
Doc_Browns_Operators_License_made_by_Roland_Zubcic.pdf

Print it on a matte thin cardboard (or thick paper). Original size of the license is 4 x 2 ½ inches.

Preview pic:

back-future-preview2.jpg-287234d1392594421

Attachments

• preview2.jpg
    preview2.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 749
Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back