Back to the Future II 2015 Jacket Build NEW VIDEO JACKET pg 27!!!

Re: Back to the Future II 2015 Jacket Build

Check out this link
Vighnesh Rubbers - Moulded Rubber Products

Scroll down to the section on Rubber Bellows and look at the left photo.

Maybe someone could get one of those or a size that would work and do thin rubber castings of the outside or inside. Then the thin rubber can be sewn into sections of the sleeve.

Check out this link
Vighnesh Rubbers - Moulded Rubber Products

Scroll down to the section on Rubber Bellows and look at the left photo.

Maybe someone could get one of those or a size that would work and do thin rubber castings of the outside or inside. Then the thin rubber can be sewn into sections of the sleeve.

You can also get silicone rubber bellows here.

CQM, Inc - Rubber Expansion Bellows Boot Manufacturer, Molded Bellows, Rubber Bellows Way Covers

Cool. :)

For a true DIY though I'd be interested what people come up with that involves only what you can get from local stores...

And it seems that you can't just buy rubber bellows. You have to contact a company and probably have to buy huge amounts just for the minimum. I think I'll stick with foam weatherstrips unless Jedi figures out a better idea.

The bellows will be the last thing I do. I will be going to Comikaze this weekend with the jacket and shoes. After that, I'll put more time and thought into the sleeves.

You should at least pull your pockets out, otherwise your costume is way off! Seriously though great job! The back seam looks extremely well done btw. For the bellows what about bending metal coat hangers in loops and insert them into the liner with a border of hot glue, perhaps that would define the rings? Just an idea but seriously amazing and quite a speedy build and you totally pull off the look!

Last edited:

You should at least pull your pockets out, otherwise your costume is way off! Seriously though great job! The back seam looks extremely well done btw.

LOL! The poskets on my jeans won't pull out that far (that's what she said) BUT I am going to cut out the pockets of some old jeans and make faux pulled out pockets! :thumbsup

Seems to me that for the sleeves you could take a mold from a toilet plunger and cast it in rubber or another material.
20091029141822618.jpg

I'm thinking that one could make a long tube with the bellow parts from pepakura. Then after it has been resined and sanded it could be molded.
A 2 part mold could then be used to cast latex or some other soft plastic.
bellowi.jpg

The thing about buying a bunch of chairs or the sections of bellow just for the spine of the chair is that they are short. I found a bunch of companies, all outside the U.S., and I bet if the demand was here to have it they could just get us non-cut sections or a friggin roll of the stuff. Smaller companies take on that kinda stuff and bigger ones can't be bothered with little jobs.

I don't think they would bother with a liner. Just makes work more difficult for something that doesn't matter on screen. :thumbsup
Makes sense. Why do it if no one ever sees it?

Apparently the shoes were not lined either and I found an image of the inside of the FOOTWEAR tube bag that clearly shows it was just a fiber-glass shell. All the inside is rough and you see the glass matting like you can on the inside of a fiber-glass canoe.

All the inside is rough and you see the glass matting like you can on the inside of a fiber-glass canoe.

Bet they were really comfy! :lol

(I know they had stunt shoes, don't bother correcting me folks ;) )

Bet they were really comfy! :lol

(I know they had stunt shoes, don't bother correcting me folks ;) )

If you watch the scene where he first puts them on, you can see black (foam?) on the inside. I believe this is raw foam and no liner.

If you watch the scene where he first puts them on, you can see black (foam?) on the inside. I believe this is raw foam and no liner.

Yep, those are the hero shoes used for close ups. He (and his stunt men) run around in stunt shoes.

Gaaaah I hate you brad now I'll be converting my own eBay b@tmj jacket.Let the fun begin I guess lol

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back