Avengers 2: what would you like to see?

I would like to see Thanos warping reality as far back as WWII and having the RED SKULL take over, then the Avengers come back in alternate universe form and BRING BACK AGENT COULSON. Nick Fury and SHIELD could become Nick Fury and SWORD (underground rebels hell bent on striking back at the RED SKULL. Captain America, Hulk, Hawkeye, Black Widow, War Machine and a few others, hell even Scarlet Spider. Have it so we need heroes, we always do, to fight the fights that we cant, but they can. Costumes and history would be all re-imagined until the INFINITY GAUNTLET can be placed in good hands.

I would like to see Thanos warping reality as far back as WWII and having the RED SKULL take over, then the Avengers come back in alternate universe form and BRING BACK AGENT COULSON. Nick Fury and SHIELD could become Nick Fury and SWORD (underground rebels hell bent on striking back at the RED SKULL. Captain America, Hulk, Hawkeye, Black Widow, War Machine and a few others, hell even Scarlet Spider. Have it so we need heroes, we always do, to fight the fights that we cant, but they can. Costumes and history would be all re-imagined until the INFINITY GAUNTLET can be placed in good hands.

That sounds a lot like the third season of ENTERPRISE, except for the Avengers... It would definitely be a great movie. :)

If the next Avengers movie involves Thanos and using the Infinity Gauntlet, why couldn't they use it to bring back Coulson anyway? One final wish before dispersing the gems or whatever.

OK first one weird image popped into my mind..

The ancient art of slapping somebody's face with your glove to start a fight/duel - what would happen if you did that with the Infinity Gauntlet - would the person cease to be? would they do anything but run crying for a juicebox and a nap..

Anyway onto actual thoughts

The Infinity Gauntlet isn't bad to use just in Thanos' hand (almost said hands) - as Cate Blanchett/Galadriel said in Lord of the Rings in regard to the One Ring
"You offer it to me freely? I do not deny that my heart has greatly desired this."
" In the place of a Dark Lord you would have a Queen! Not dark but beautiful and terrible as the Morn! Treacherous as the Seas! Stronger than the foundations of the Earth! All shall love me and despair!"

Power corrupts and Absolute Power corrupts Absolutely

Nobody can wield the Infinity Gauntlet and not make a mess out of things. Everybody has some desire that is skewed to their ideas that would screw stuff up for somebody else, and with reality changing power that would, even in the most benevolent of hand(s), turn out badly for some, if not many, or all.

For instance, if I had use of the Infinity Gauntlet you might have to see Captain Caveman at 9PM on ABC for the rest of this season. See how absolute power can turn out bad for those not wielding it?! At least I'd have a few guest appearances by maybe the Herculoids & Speed Buggy.

Vroom-a-zoom-zoom!

OK first one weird image popped into my mind..

The ancient art of slapping somebody's face with your glove to start a fight/duel - what would happen if you did that with the Infinity Gauntlet - would the person cease to be? would they do anything but run crying for a juicebox and a nap..

Anyway onto actual thoughts

The Infinity Gauntlet isn't bad to use just in Thanos' hand (almost said hands) - as Cate Blanchett/Galadriel said in Lord of the Rings in regard to the One Ring
"You offer it to me freely? I do not deny that my heart has greatly desired this."
" In the place of a Dark Lord you would have a Queen! Not dark but beautiful and terrible as the Morn! Treacherous as the Seas! Stronger than the foundations of the Earth! All shall love me and despair!"

Power corrupts and Absolute Power corrupts Absolutely

Nobody can wield the Infinity Gauntlet and not make a mess out of things. Everybody has some desire that is skewed to their ideas that would screw stuff up for somebody else, and with reality changing power that would, even in the most benevolent of hand(s), turn out badly for some, if not many, or all.

For instance, if I had use of the Infinity Gauntlet you might have to see Captain Caveman at 9PM on ABC for the rest of this season. See how absolute power can turn out bad for those not wielding it?! At least I'd have a few guest appearances by maybe the Herculoids & Speed Buggy.

Vroom-a-zoom-zoom!
captain america used it just fine in the comics :D

Let's see, we've determined that the Infinity Gauntlet is in Asgard, and Loki was returned to Asgard at the end of Avengers. Coincidence? So, maybe Loki grabs the Gauntlet somewhere in Thor 2, maybe a post-credits scene of him turning it over to Thanos to set up Gaurdians of the Galaxy and Avengers 2.

As far as a Civil War type storyline, I don't think it'd work that well, mainly because of all the major heroes that couldn't appear because their movie rights are at other studios. (FF and all the X-Men related mutants at Fox, Spidey at Sony, etc)

I could go for Captain Cave-man, but I just don't think he would be a match for Deputy Dog. LOL!... Why not bring the X-men into this? It would be a fantastic opportunity to resurrect The Phoenix! And she is a class five mutant... powers virtualy limit-less. She could contend with the infinity gauntlet, or The Hulk, or whatever else decided to get in her way. That would rock!!! Plus it would take the whole Marvel franchise to a new level... instead of just bringing together Marvel heroes, you are getting EVERYTHING.

Get rid of Green Arrow and Black widow, replace them with real super hero's. Also drop Caps 1945 suit and upgrade him to 2013, the guy has less protection/body armor then your average street cop.

Get rid of Green Arrow and Black widow, replace them with real super hero's. Also drop Caps 1945 suit and upgrade him to 2013, the guy has less protection/body armor then your average street cop.

Was Green Arrow an easter egg? I must have missed him in the film.

I'll tell you what I want to see in Part 2 and that's MORE NUDITY.

Really, Green Arrow and Avengers? Really?? I hope this is some kind of a bad joke... And as for more nudity, do you think Avengers are movie for that kind of stuff? You use nudity when you need to save really poor movie...

Really, Green Arrow and Avengers? Really?? I hope this is some kind of a bad joke... And as for more nudity, do you think Avengers are movie for that kind of stuff? You use nudity when you need to save really poor movie...

Nudity bumps up any movie - Imagine Scarlett doing all those moves El Buffo :p

Yeah... nudity can be awesome but so far all the Marvel franchises have done remarkably well with-out gratuitous nudity and foul language. It is very refreshing. If you want nudity, google it (if you are 18+), but please leave it out of Marvel. Like Manzi said, it is a filler for bad film.

Like Manzi said, it is a filler for bad film.

That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Not every movie with nudity is a bad film - and if I read the thread title correctly it said "What would YOU (meaning me) like to see?" I want naked superheroes - Banner was naked for a bit - but that's not enough - I want Nick Fury to have to wear two patches - if you know what I mean. I want to see Pepper's Pots - if you know what I mean. :p:p I'm a proud pervert - I imagine a day when computer technology will allow us to remove the clothing of our favorite stars from the films they are in. I can hardly wait to get at my Mr. Belvedere collection as well as certain episodes of Antique Roadshow. :D:p:D:p:love

That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Not every movie with nudity is a bad film - and if I read the thread title correctly it said "What would YOU (meaning me) like to see?" I want naked superheroes - Banner was naked for a bit - but that's not enough - I want Nick Fury to have to wear two patches - if you know what I mean. I want to see Pepper's Pots - if you know what I mean. :p:p I'm a proud pervert - I imagine a day when computer technology will allow us to remove the clothing of our favorite stars from the films they are in. I can hardly wait to get at my Mr. Belvedere collection as well as certain episodes of Antique Roadshow. :D:p:D:p:love

HA!!!:D You GO, boy! You are absolutely right. I stand corrected... This thread IS about what YOU want to see. And who doesn't consider those things? My hat is off to you for your candor and confidence... but try not to go blind, OK?!? :)

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back