Avengers 2: what would you like to see?

Cadeus

Sr Member
Hey guys! I figured I would start this and see if anybody was interested in it. I love to watch movies, and I have discovered that a lot of you are like me; you immediately begin thinking of what you would change, or what the sequel should look like, ect. So here is you chance to shoot one from the hip!

For Avengers 2, I think it would be great to continue the character conflict between Iron-Man and Cpt. America... I would go so far as having Stark fly in to save the day, with his armor painted like Cpt. America. And then Cpt. Amer. gives him a really long dirty look, or shakes his head, and then they tag team the bad guy.

What do YOU got?!?

-Addition of a female team member who actually has powers (Ms Marvel? Might be a stretch)
-Get Falcon and War Machine in on the action
-Save Thanos for A3, keep A2 a bit more grounded and lower key for now, plenty of other villains to choose from to fit this approach and still have a kickass story
-Introduce a few characters they can potentially leverage into their own solo films (Ms Marvel, Dr. Strange, etc.) after gauging how well they're received in A2

I dunno, there'd have to be conflicts between main characters i suppose, maybe one or two would leave, possibly one would join the opposing force.....

i just want it to be as charismatic as the first.....

Rich

I'd prefer it they had stayed away from the aliens and cosmic stuff. Thor was enough but with the idea of Thanos and the raccoon and Tree from the Guardians of the Galaxy, they're pushing credulity well beyond heroes in spandex. Now we are expected to believe that an average guy with arrows, Girl with a couple guns and a slightly better than average guy with shield can compete?

I could go for more chicks! Good idea. I would love to see...
American_Dream_%28Shannon_Carter%29.jpg

her, or.........

Tabitha Smith, aka: Boom-Boom
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/8e/Meltdown01.jpg

I'd prefer it they had stayed away from the aliens and cosmic stuff. Thor was enough but with the idea of Thanos and the raccoon and Tree from the Guardians of the Galaxy, they're pushing credulity well beyond heroes in spandex. Now we are expected to believe that an average guy with arrows, Girl with a couple guns and a slightly better than average guy with shield can compete?
I found the plot to be quite good. Stark never fought Loki... Iron Man did... if Loki were to head-butt Stark, Stark wouldn't need a helmet any-more. So the "ordinary" characters have to find a way to compete with the "super-heroes". It's all very dramatic and dynamic... you could even say it makes it easier for one to be drawn into the story, because it's NOT just about radiation junkies and Gods; there are REAL people in there kicking ass!!! :) I loved it!!! :love

Ms Marvel would be awesome, but i think she needs a solo film first to develop the character. Sadly, thats not in the lineup for phase 2, so id guess we'll have to wait til phase 3. :facepalm

Marvel seems adamant on cosmic stuff for phase 2, so I want to see the Infinity Gauntlet. The Guardians film and Thor 2 could be good build ups for it, with cameos from Thanos in both films

well i disagree that cap is slightly better than average. he blocked a hit from mjolnir and stood afterwards.

Yeah, that's why I feel like he was underutilized in the Avengers (Although it could be argued that it was the shield that took most of the impact). It seemed like the writers and Whedon didn't know where to place him with regards to his power level.

There will be plenty of movies including many superhero movies who will continue with the more "realistic" approach. Let them stick with that while Marvel dares to embrace its vast comic roots and moves forward with the cosmic stuff.

And let's not forget Captain America is one of the few besides Thor who can also lift the Mjolnir, which is something I want to be shown in Avengers 2 in a big way; which of course not only explores the power of the character but also signifies his nobility.

There will be plenty of movies including many superhero movies who will continue with the more "realistic" approach. Let them stick with that while Marvel dares to embrace its vast comic roots and moves forward with the cosmic stuff.

And let's not forget Captain America is one of the few besides Thor who can also lift the Mjolnir, which is something I want to be shown in Avengers 2 in a big way; which of course not only explores the power of the character but also signifies his nobility.

(y)thumbsup:thumbsup

the only ones on this list i can second is thunderstrike, CA, and beta ray bill. all others are different universes, or i dont see them as worthy. come on, rogue? its not thors power that allows him to lift mjolnir.

according to the laws of mjolnir, most of DCs heros would be able to pick it up, methinks, but different universes dont count for me
odin and his forefathers are also logical. we even saw odin pick it up, and i totally forgot :D

well i disagree that cap is slightly better than average. he blocked a hit from mjolnir and stood afterwards.

yeah, but he was wearing the suite! I meant if he wasn't protected.*** never-mind! I somehow thought you were talking about iron man, but it was cpt. america... Rock on!

Last edited:
the only ones on this list i can second is thunderstrike, CA, and beta ray bill. all others are different universes, or i dont see them as worthy. come on, rogue? its not thors power that allows him to lift mjolnir.

according to the laws of mjolnir, most of DCs heros would be able to pick it up, methinks, but different universes dont count for me
odin and his forefathers are also logical. we even saw odin pick it up, and i totally forgot :D

Well for the Rogue part, her powers include absorbing memories and personality. If she sucked enough of that out of Thor there could be a worthiness transfer.

I really don't think there's a lot of DC heroes worthy to wield Mjolnir. I'm not even sure New 52 Superman could, the guy's a bit of a jerk.

i know nothing about the new 52, so i cant say anything about it.

normal superman could no doubt pick it up, he is a posterboy. same with wonderwoman. i would say aquaman would probably also fall into that category.
Batman is very similar to CA, so there might be something there. the reason that he may not be worthy is for the lifestyle he leads as bruce wayne, even if its a facade. same goes for green lanterns. they have to be worthy of the ring too, tho.

i know nothing about the new 52, so i cant say anything about it.

normal superman could no doubt pick it up, he is a posterboy. same with wonderwoman. i would say aquaman would probably also fall into that category.
Batman is very similar to CA, so there might be something there. the reason that he may not be worthy is for the lifestyle he leads as bruce wayne, even if its a facade. same goes for green lanterns. they have to be worthy of the ring too, tho.

Part of it boils down to how the hammer defines "worthy." Working on the assumption that being worthy involves not being a dick then Batman and most of the Earth-based Green Lanterns are out (maybe not Kyle Rayner). New 52 Aquaman killed Black Manta's father so he's probably out. Barry Allen though I think could wield it no problem.

Also, to the original topic: what do I want to see in Avengers 2?

Phil.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back