Apollo 13 Mission and Movie... Apollo missions ACR-FA-5 penlight WIP

Re: Apollo 13 Mission and Movie... A small collection

Also, it might be worth mentioning that I live near the Kansas Cosmosphere and Space Center, so if anyone needs some reference photos for something you're wanting to re-create, I can see if the museum has the item and I'd be happy to take some reference photos.

The Cosmosphere's restoration team are the ones who actually built the space suit replicas and Lunar Module/ Command Module sets for Apollo 13 and From the Earth to the Moon.

Also, it might be worth mentioning that I live near the Kansas Cosmosphere and Space Center, so if anyone needs some reference photos for something you're wanting to re-create, I can see if the museum has the item and I'd be happy to take some reference photos.

The Cosmosphere's restoration team are the ones who actually built the space suit replicas and Lunar Module/ Command Module sets for Apollo 13 and From the Earth to the Moon.

Well actually no, Global Effects built the suits for Earth to the Moon and Wonderworks built the Lunar Module (exterior) for Apollo 13 and the LM interior was a NASA trainer and many of the elements used on the interior sets were real, original pieces of NASA Apollo hardware. (Something, in addition to selling artifact in auctions, the ex-director of the Cosmosphere is currently serving jail time for) Also the Apollo 13 suits had to be substantially retailored so the actors could fit in them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Would love to have a replica of one of these ACR penlights used on the Apollo missions, real ones are as rare as rocking horse droppings and the auction prices echo this.

View attachment 115974 View attachment 115975

If anyone skilled in working with brass thinks they can tackle this, completed ready for the after installation of the electronics, glass etc, please let me know.

The dimensions are 5 and a quarter" long x 5/8" (min) to 1" (max)
Weight 2 1/2 oz without batteries.

Love this movie! I actually just saw the movie again a few days ago. Great props too.

I like the look of your display, very good, here is my working replica. agc2.jpg

And a not to good video of it in use.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qj2IETkScWA&feature=youtu.be

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back