Apollo 11 Press Kit

JamesTalon

Hi

I made this replica of the Apollo 11 press kit a while back and thought it might be of interest. Had to buy a huge stapler to get this much paper stapled and also source US sized paper, I live in the UK. I enjoyed rusting the paperclip and staples with chemicals and at the last minute added a press pass from the same mission. The hand written notes inside are from photos of an original I found online.

Apollo11_01.png
Apollo11_02.png
Apollo11_03.png
Apollo11_04.png
Apollo11_05.png

Hi

I made this replica of the Apollo 11 press kit a while back and thought it might be of interest. Had to buy a huge stapler to get this much paper stapled and also source US sized paper, I live in the UK. I enjoyed rusting the paperclip and staples with chemicals and at the last minute added a press pass from the same mission. The hand written notes inside are from photos of an original I found online.

View attachment 1799172View attachment 1799173View attachment 1799177View attachment 1799178View attachment 1799179

That is awesome—super authentic.

Great job!

This is awesome!! i am gonna make one for myself too. Love the weathering on the staples and the adhesive tape.

I also noticed that some versions of this kit came with binders instead of staples, e.g. the scan from NASA's website: Apollo 11 Press Kit Do you know where these different versions come from?

This is awesome!! i am gonna make one for myself too. Love the weathering on the staples and the adhesive tape.

I also noticed that some versions of this kit came with binders instead of staples, e.g. the scan from NASA's website: Apollo 11 Press Kit Do you know where these different versions come from?
I dont know what the different versions were but I have seen both versions on auction sites so I think both are genuine, I chose the staple version cause why not.

Airbrushing of the yellows, oranges, greys. Then whilst the paper is still damp spotting tiny dots of dark paint that bleed into the wet to make the mould spots.
Other weathering was generally rubbing with grubby hands and bashing it about.
Probably ought to expose it to a lot of cigarette smoke to make it authentic to 1969! :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back