Anyone doing 'Planet of the Apes'?

I thought there were more Ape-fans here.

iirc there was at least one member here who has dealt with Ape-Mania and had pretty good things to say about them

I believe Shadowdale completed an ANSA flightsuit for an RPF member, but all we got to see were the undergarments here on RPF.:lol

Hopefully this thread may entice either party to throw up a few pictures.

I believe Shadowdale completed an ANSA flightsuit for an RPF member, but all we got to see were the undergarments here on RPF.:lol
Hopefully this thread may entice either party to throw up a few pictures.

Shadowdale,..?

So ANSA flight suits are not available then? :lol

Is NOBODY able to make these?
I have always wanted one.

I saw Bruce Campbell wearing a very similar flight suit on a bad (any other kind?) made-for-sci-fi-channel movie.
Alien Invasion,...IIRC.

Would even settle for one of those.

Man I'd love to get a good ape costume together. I did a cheap last minute POTA costume a few years back. Recognizable but in absolutely NOW WAY screen accurate!

I did up a full size gorilla soldier, complete with security whistle and screen used undersuit. Also have a gorilla pistol on wall plaque.

Thats a great site. I didn't know you could (at least in the past) rent out specific costumes.

Many of the costumes were consigned to Western Costume, and were indeed available for rent. Of course, customers started "losing" their rentals, which is how many of these items fell into the hands of collectors.

One of my all-time favorite costumes is the one created for General Ursus in Beneath The Planet Of The Ape (not to be confused with General Urko's costume from the TV series). At one point the complete Ursus costume was available for rent from WC, but it disappeared soon enough. To date no one has succeeded in replicating that brilliantly imaginative bit of wardrobe.

Anyway, I plan on making a flight suit this summer, and will post pix here once fabrication begins.

BTW, I spoke to Phil (Cloudster) Broad this AM, and he informs me that after a long absence the original Boxing Boots are once again in production. I'll try and get the exact brand name, but according to Phil they've shown up on ebay where they run about $40.00.

Thats great news on the boots.
....and affordable.
can you send me a linky???

Will the flight-suits be made available to others as well?

The ape is coming... :lol

DSC00068.jpg

Mask from APEMANIA, bandolier, custom made with working pouches, boots- black zip sided. Can't find accurate pics of the four straps on the sides so have improvised with buckle clips (unless anyone else can put me right). Gun, from another member here and at the mo, a maroon Dickies coverall which seems to work. Just waiting on the ribbed gloves and tabbard and i'm ready for the hunt.

Great looking gorilla you got there, looking forward to seeing the finished outfit.

Quick Q: did you manage to source a tunic pattern in the end?

[/quote]
Anyway, I plan on making a flight suit this summer, and will post pix here once fabrication begins.

BTW, I spoke to Phil (Cloudster) Broad this AM, and he informs me that after a long absence the original Boxing Boots are once again in production. I'll try and get the exact brand name, but according to Phil they've shown up on ebay where they run about $40.00.[/quote]

id very much like to be kept in the loop on this if possible as i too would like to put together a flight suit

Did anyone ever notice how many of the POTA costumes found their way into the SW cantina? They kept them in the background for the most part in the movie, but check out the Richard Pryor cantina skit on youtube, and you can see several orang outfits and at least one gorilla vest. :)

-Sarge

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back