Anovos Stormtrooper.... thoughts?

Well - I´ve read a lot of the peoples reasons to believe RS is the top of the food chain. And i still disagree. Even if there would be no difference between the stored and the new made parts, it´s still only a very bad made plastic suit. Not what it should be (a imperial stormtrooper), only a crappy made prop. Not what Lucas imagined, only what he got.

Like those streets Hollywood created for sets, where only the frontwall was build without a house behind. A cheap shortcut without substance.

Once i thought about buying a RS, just for it´s lineage. Then i realised that my german genes couldn´t stand it´s non existend fabrication quality. I couldn´t even estimate how many hours i would spend to sand it to a smooth surface, and to reshape it with my heatgun. :lol

Yeah, this looks awful. RS should really be embarrassed for putting out such a low quality product. :rolleyes

Y3k_TW2r.jpg

Congrats for the people who got their the Anovos armor and helmet. Pretty nice lid. A tad too sharp and idealized for my taste, but for the price and as a mass produced item is quite ok.

Sure, from distance it can look nice. but as soon you are close enough to see how the details were made, and texture of the surface ........ :wacko

The part that I dont get is that this is The REPLICA PROP FORUM. A forum dedicated to REPLICATING movie props. So if we are replicating a stormtrooper all those details and textures are a must. I understand its not for everyone, but I think maybe there should be a website called "The Idealized Prop Forum.com" JEEZ...

lol

Don´t ask me why - but nontheless i love the Stormtrooper since 1977, the suit was always only a plastic costume for me, little more than a halloween costume (for a part surely due to it been made so sloppy).

For me it´s not in the same range as a blaster, lightsaber, or binoc (for example) that can be made from real parts - costumes are more in the way as a resinpistol for me.

Why are you all polluting this ANOVOS thread with arguments? I'm excited trying to read stuff about all the ANOVOS stuff and every second post is completely unrelated and is starting to bother me.

Can the mods do something about this please? VilleLeskinen

:angry

Last edited by a moderator:
Swap out the canvas belt for a thirty dollar replacement and your golden. If you can't manage that then you prolly can chew gum and walk at the same time

Yes the 501st would reject the suit as it is...if I'm correct with the kit comprising a hero belt & a stunt helmet.
You have to decide either or...not mix & match...even for basic entry level.
The CRL's are clear in their descriptions for a particular suit.

As for the FX suits...I think they are no longer considered desirable for legion membership.

Sure, from distance it can look nice. but as soon you are close enough to see how the details were made, and texture of the surface ........ :wacko

You do realize that the actual costumes and props used in the movies look like hell up close, right? If you want pretty, shiny things then I'm sure you'll be happy with the ANOVOS kit, but to disparage RS because they're actually the closest to the real thing available to collectors is beyond insane. That's the last thing I'll say on the subject.

- - - Updated - - -

Why are you all polluting this ANOVOS thread with arguments? I'm excited trying to read stuff about all the ANOVOS stuff and every second post is completely unrelated and is starting to bother me.

Can the mods do something about this please? VilleLeskinen

:angry

It's a discussion forum and sometimes things go off topic. Relax!

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess I misunderstood the point of this thread. I didn't realize it was a place to have discussions about the lineages and whether RS is approvable out of the box...

I think about it this way.. In 5 years someone may look up this thread hoping to learn about the ANOVOS armor and its accuracies/inaccuracies and be glad to see the comparison. Now the TFA discussion thread on the other hand... :lol

I think you're misunderstanding the fact that not every post in a thread has to be about exactly what you want it to be.

I don't want it to be anything. This thread is titled "Anovos Stormtrooper...Thoughts?". The point of a topic is to stay on said topic within reason. If you want to have a lengthy discussion about RS armor then it's best to start a new topic instead of hijacking this one.

I don't want it to be anything. This thread is titled "Anovos Stormtrooper...Thoughts?". The point of a topic is to stay on said topic within reason. If you want to have a lengthy discussion about RS armor then it's best to start a new topic instead of hijacking this one.

Discussing comparable armors IS WITHIN REASON! You're arguing this fact is hijacking the thread way worse than the RS discussion ever did. You apparently just don't get it so I'm done discussing this with you.

Remember one thing too: without the so called "rivet counters" who are discussing and are interested in every detail of a prop, helmet, armor or studio scale model we would still have the crappy Rubies and F/X armors.

Dont get me wrong I think its a decent helmet. The best I've seen mass produced. They did however go a little overboard with some of the idealizations. Its like the overall shape is relatively close but even if they wanted to clean up the helmet there are some details that I dont understand the reason they were made. I guess those details will help distinguish this from something like an TM kit.

The one thing I am trying to understand though, is the curve I'm seeing on the edge of the right eye. ( wearers right eye) I've seen it on all the helmets that have surfaced online, so its not like one helmet got cut weird.

Screen Shot 2016-01-22 at 1.49.36 PM.png

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back