Anovos Stormtrooper.... thoughts?

The guy who received it didn't either but it seems like is lives literally right next door to the fulfillment center...

Just checked my account, and yeah, ordered on day 2 and it shows nothing for me, just 'unfullfilled'...musta been a lot of orders day 1 i guess.

If you think that already with this helmet, just wait ..... the RS looks way worse. :lol

hahah true true but I mean its RS so that I can accept lol.

So from what we have seen so far which helmet is more accurate anovos or EFX? I notice that the frowns are a big difference on both.

I will have to wait a month for mine and will reserve final judgement until then. Right now not a fan on how they trimmed out the right eye and for some reason the cheeks look really wide. Also too much paint on the teeth and the neck trim will need to be replaced as it tore on this guys. I guess not bad all in all for a mass produced helmet from China.
an1.jpg
an2.jpg

Interesting video seeing all the components, looks good!.
Strikes me as odd though, here you have a 'hero' belt with 4 holster rivets, yet you are provided with a 'stunt' helmet!.
Are there plans for swap out parts to mix & match or is this the whole shebang?.
So a no go for anyone wanting to be 501st approvable without mods.

Stu

Interesting video seeing all the components, looks good!.
Strikes me as odd though, here you have a 'hero' belt with 4 holster rivets, yet you are provided with a 'stunt' helmet!.
Are there plans for swap out parts to mix & match or is this the whole shebang?.
So a no go for anyone wanting to be 501st approvable without mods.

Stu

So the 501st would reject the Anovos suit for having two extra bolts, but it allows FX suits? That doesn't seem logical.

So the 501st would reject the Anovos suit for having two extra bolts, but it allows FX suits? That doesn't seem logical.

Yes the 501st would reject the suit as it is...if I'm correct with the kit comprising a hero belt & a stunt helmet.
You have to decide either or...not mix & match...even for basic entry level.
The CRL's are clear in their descriptions for a particular suit.

As for the FX suits...I think they are no longer considered desirable for legion membership.

Yes the 501st would reject the suit as it is...if I'm correct with the kit comprising a hero belt & a stunt helmet.
You have to decide either or...not mix & match...even for basic entry level.
The CRL's are clear in their descriptions for a particular suit.

Sooo... it's looking like the Anovos suit is NOT going to be 501 approveable? That's certainly disappointing.

What would need to change to make it approveable? (read: lowest cost option)

Also, is there a clear reference that shows the difference between "hero" and "stunt" for a TK? I've seen the terms tossed around but no clear distinction so far.

Just logged on to FedEx and I have a tracking number. Label has been created, but not shipped yet. Expected delivery is Tuesday the 26th. We'll see if that sticks. I'm in California, so it should be pretty quick once FedEx gets the package.

For reference, I ordered from Anovos on April 18. So, Celebration Tier.

Also, my Anovos account says "unfulfilled", I got the shipping info by logging into FedEx and signing up for Delivery Manager (it's free).

Sooo... it's looking like the Anovos suit is NOT going to be 501 approveable? That's certainly disappointing.

Also, is there a clear reference that shows the difference between "hero" and "stunt" for a TK? I've seen the terms tossed around but no clear distinction so far.

Nothing is 501st approvable out of the box. Everything requires some degree of modification. There are several resources for the differences between hero and stunt. Google will get you there. Also recommend signing up on whitearmor.net. That's where you're going to get the most help.

The best source of info is FISD (First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment). There you will find the CRL's ( costume reference libraries) for the requirements for the hero & stunt tk's.

The best source of info is FISD (First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment). There you will find the CRL's ( costume reference libraries) for the requirements for the hero & stunt tk's.

Yes, I'm over there, and have been participating in the Anovos thread. So far no one has mentioned specific issues that would stop 501st approval.

I've read over the costume guidelines for both stunt and hero, but I guess I'll have to do a side-by-side, line-by-line comparison, because there's no document listing the actual difference between the two... that's what I was hoping someone could post.

Thanks, tho. :)

Edit:

I did a side-by-side. Ignoring level 2+ certifications, for now, here are the differences for basic certification, as listed in the guidelines:

Helmet:

Hero: lens Flat or bubble, gray or green
Stunt: lens Flat and Green only

(here, lens is flat and green, so ok for either)

Hero: 6 teeth cut out, tapered
Stunt: 8 teeth cut out

(here, I THINK there are 8 teeth cut out, which would make it a Stunt helmet)

Belt:

No differences in listed specs.

What am I missing?

Edit #2:

Found a difference in the holster:

Hero: The holster is affixed with four fasteners (Two per strap). Two at the top and two at the bottom of the belt.
Stunt: The holster is affixed with only two fasteners at the bottom (one per strap).

Is that the "belt" difference you were referring to?

According to this thread:
http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/20857-confused-between-anh-stunt-and-hero/page-2

... it seems essentially concluded that there is zero difference except for the helmet.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back